IGNORED

How do I remove the desire for a significant other?

Sailingsoul

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 hour ago, Sailingsoul said:

Ans I didnt dodge your question I gave you an honest answer. If being alive means success what do we tell dying children in third world countries? I'm being honest.

I said nothing about a question. I said you were dodging the point.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I wasn't even looking when I found Steve.  I had just turned 30. We met on January 28th of 1983, we were married on June 4th of 1983.  We were married for 25 years. Sometimes it happens when we are not even looking.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

You have a desire. A desire to marry? Do you think that God has put that desire on your heart? Do you think you are fighting that desire? Why? How do you not want to be distracted by "these feelings". What feelings? How do you know that you will not be married?

Im defInetely Fighting thsse Felings ... I just want to beable To focus On impro Ving My life... Not pininhG Fir Someone else. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

14 hours ago, Sailingsoul said:

I'm not waiting for success to fall out of nowhere.. I've tried and failed again and again...it's hard to keep moral up when you just keep losing...yet I try again.

Stop looking and start listening.  Be available to what God has for you. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 10:57 AM, ravindran said:

Hello! I think Paul talks about this topic a lot in 1 Corinthians 7. This is what he wrote,

8 Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Paul is saying, it is better to marry than to burn with passion. God does not call someone to be single and let them burn with passion. And it is important to understand if God is calling someone to be single. It is just like knowing God's will in any other aspect of our life. It can be found only through prayers and a very close relationship with God. When we completely surrender us to Him and are listening to His voice (through Word of God)

Staying single has advantages and Paul talks about that. At the same time, Paul is not saying everyone should try to stay single. It is better to marry than to burn with passion!!

All those passages too about it being better to remain single; What Paul was really talking about was that during times of heavy persecution, like what was going on in his day, its best not to marry because if anything happens to you then all you have to worry about is yourself, and you wont lose faith worrying about loved ones.

The bible still says It is not good for the man to be alone. So if Sailingsoul is feeling the urge to marry, it is good for her to marry. Clearly remaining single is not in her makeup.

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

25 minutes ago, LifeinOne said:

God created man both male and female so in Paradise, you will awaken with a partner who is perfectly made for you. 

There is no sex or marriage in heaven

Matthew 22:30   For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

14 hours ago, Sailingsoul said:

I'm not waiting for success to fall out of nowhere.. I've tried and failed again and again...it's hard to keep moral up when you just keep losing...yet I try again.

Might be a good idea for you to seek some help for this, maybe a pastor or a counselor.

8 minutes ago, LifeinOne said:

Of course God's created men won't have to marry. They will wake up with a perfectly made partner of the opposite sex. They will never have to be married and what God has joined together, let no man put asunder as the Lord gave Jesus to speak. 

Mark 10
2: And Pharisees came up and in order to test him asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?" 
3: He answered them, "What did Moses command you?" 
4: They said, "Moses allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce, and to put her away." 
5: But Jesus said to them, "For your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. 
6: But from the beginning of creation, `God made them male and female.' 
7: `For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife
8: and the two shall become one flesh.' So they are no longer two but one flesh. 
9: What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder." 
10: And in the house the disciples asked him again about this matter. 
11: And he said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another, commits adultery against her; 
12: and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery." 

No, sorry that is wrong. What you said about Let no man put asunder...applies only to marriage on earth. Jesus is very clear that there is no marrying or giving in marriage in heaven, and the earthly marriage contract does not apply in heaven. All of us will be single, so that we may devote ourselves to God alone, and not divine our attention between God and a mate. JUST LIKE THE ANGELS.

Matthew 22:23   The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him,

Matthew 22:24   Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.

Matthew 22:25   Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:

Matthew 22:26   Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.

Matthew 22:27   And last of all the woman died also.

Matthew 22:28   Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

Matthew 22:29   Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Matthew 22:30   For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

NO MARRIAGE. NO SEXUAL PARTNERS. OUR TOTAL FOCUS IS ON GOD ALONE.

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

8 minutes ago, LifeinOne said:

Why would I want to listen to false prophets who build false gods with their human hands according to God's Beast?

That wasn't directed at you. And friends can only help just so much. Sailingsoul might benefit from talking to a person with more experience in such matters. And be careful how you blaspheme by suggesting that God's servant pastors Are 'false prophets' who 'build false gods'.

2 minutes ago, LifeinOne said:

The religious unspiritual Jews thought the same as you. They didn't know Jesus was talking about life in Paradise. 

What part of those passages isn't clear to you? Jesus is more than abundantly clear in those passages that There is no sex in HEAVEN (Not Paradise, that was part of Sheol, and it doesn't exist any longer). HEAVEN. We are free from all lusts including sexual lust. No sex in heaven. No marriage partners in heaven.

You sound very much like either a Mormon, JW or Swedenborgian. All false doctrines