IGNORED

How do I remove the desire for a significant other?

Sailingsoul

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, LifeinOne said:

If you're friends are my chosen ones, they will listen to My voice and obey all of My commandments. Then they will be freed from all their fears. 

Who the hell do you think YOU are? God? I am reporting your post

26 minutes ago, LifeinOne said:

Of course God's created men won't have to marry. They will wake up with a perfectly made partner of the opposite sex. They will never have to be married and what God has joined together, let no man put asunder as the Lord gave Jesus to speak. 

Mark 10
2: And Pharisees came up and in order to test him asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?" 
3: He answered them, "What did Moses command you?" 
4: They said, "Moses allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce, and to put her away." 
5: But Jesus said to them, "For your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. 
6: But from the beginning of creation, `God made them male and female.' 
7: `For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife
8: and the two shall become one flesh.' So they are no longer two but one flesh. 
9: What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder." 
10: And in the house the disciples asked him again about this matter. 
11: And he said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another, commits adultery against her; 
12: and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery." 

I should also have added, what in your mind is the difference between "wont have to marry" and waking up with a perfectly made partner" They are still married either way. And there is NO "waking up", btw, as if you believe in the lie of soul sleep. For to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. You go to be with God IMMEDIATELY.

2 Corinthians 5:8   We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

4 minutes ago, LifeinOne said:

Who said anything about having sex in Heaven?  I surely didn't say that. Besides, women won't have to fear birthing pains in Paradise. 

I don't know what your idea of "marriage" is but we will not have marriage partners whether there is sex or not. There is absolutely nothing in the bible that says we shall have such a partner in heaven and I already quoted to you the passages that speak out explicitly against the idea of having any kind of partners in heaven.

You need to repent for you are clearly following some kind of evil false doctrine and you are the one who will perish in eternal hellfire if you continue with this blasphemy

1 minute ago, LifeinOne said:

Like the religious Jews, they didn't understand why Jesus said, "What God has joined together, let no man put asunder". They had no idea that Jesus spoke about Paradise most of the time for our Father who has planned "many rooms" for His created beings. 

I already explained that "What God hath joined together" thing to you so I am not going to waste my breath on you any longer. Repent or you will perish. I brush the dust off my feet against you cultist

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

15 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

Your entire post here was about the desire to rid yourself of the desire for love. Please don't lecture me on this. If a person loves someone they give them quality time and I've given you about 20 posts of quality time that you have retained your attitude throughout all of that. My word is my bond. If you don't believe in what I say then I'm not doing you any good because to you I am living to you. . i do have to go and this will be my last post for tonight. If you wish me to continue here you will have to reach out to me as respectfully as I have done you. If not, then this has come to an end. As I said God bless you and you can take that in any manner you wish. You certainly have a knack for listening only to yourself. If you continue to do tht then you need to, as I've already said, be a better friend to yourself.

This whole post shows you really dont care. No need to post any further.

11 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

I wasn't even looking when I found Steve.  I had just turned 30. We met on January 28th of 1983, we were married on June 4th of 1983.  We were married for 25 years. Sometimes it happens when we are not even looking.

That's true, I found my friends when I wasn't looking.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

2 hours ago, Sailingsoul said:

This whole post shows you really dont care. No need to post any further.

No, sadly this entire thread was about you trying to get rid of something that makes you human because you refuse to open up and release the hangups that block your way. I'm trying to get you to do that and you run back to your safe zone of negativity and project that on those who are willing to make the effort to reach out to you.

I guess I was right in my assumption that you are so familiar with your misery that you prefer that to taking a chance on anything else.

If that is your choice then that is the choice you've made and as such doesn't reflect on the intentions of others. I would have hoped you would have had the courage to state that fact and then tell me you were good with that, but you took the route of deception and I will leave you to yourself.

You have a nice life and I will prey that you find yourself.

2 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

No, sadly this entire thread was about you trying to get rid of something that makes you human because you refuse to open up and release the hangups that block your way. I'm trying to get you to do that and you run back to your safe zone of negativity and project that on those who are willing to make the effort to reach out to you.

I guess I was right in my assumption that you are so familiar with your misery that you prefer that to taking a chance on anything else.

If that is your choice then that is the choice you've made and as such doesn't reflect on the intentions of others. I would have hoped you would have had the courage to state that fact and then tell me you were good with that, but you took the route of deception and I will leave you to yourself.

You have a nice life and I will prey that you find yourself.

what youre saying isnt true..your advice just isn't helpful.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

The Eternal did not make us to live alone:

·        “God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.” (Psalms 68.6).

So much so that when the Eternal created Adam, He said it was not good for man to be alone.

·        “And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.” (Genesis 2.18).

How could he be alone, since he was in full communion with the Eternal? It is not in vain that Jesus commanded us to love our neighbor. Although communion with the Eternal is indispensable, it is only when we have fellowship with our neighbor that the love of Jesus is perfected in us.

On 10/31/2016 at 11:25 AM, Sailingsoul said:

I dont know how to explain it but I feel ill be alone. I just dont understand why id have the desire to be married and share myself with someone...as well as have the desire to have friends when I dont get the opportunity to have any. ( I've tried)

What happens is that we are often making the same mistake described in the book of Proverbs:

·        “The full soul loatheth an honeycomb; but to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.” (Proverbs 27.7).

Understanding that Jesus came to save sinners (Matthew 9.12,13; Luke 15.7), so the people he wants to be part of our lives are people who have been rejected by society. If we can see the treasure that the Eternal has put deep in the hearts of these people, we will find true friends specially made for us.

I know it's hard to love boring, bad people. Notwithstanding, if we managed to attract the attention of a charismatic person, the most we can achieve is to be one more in her life. On the other hand, if we are capable of loving someone whom the system has rejected, we and Jesus will be the only ones in her life, and therefore, someone special in her eyes.

In short: instead of choosing friends, accept those whom Jesus brings to you.

May Jesus help us to see people the way He sees them and enable us to love as He loves them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I don't know that you can be rid of the desire nor if you're supposed to. I wanted a wife since I was 10 and I never got 1. Now I'm at a place in life where I no longer believe it can happen. Or maybe I just messed up. I don't know. I always wish I knew a person's age because that matters. I'm 64 but I'm also in bad health and my savings are already gone.

We are just not all meant to be married but I don't why. You may still get someone, I don't know. I'll be honest I didn't read this whole thread. But I know I can't get rid of the desire for a mate neither. Although I have reached a point where a friend would be enough.

I have 1 consolation, I'm not divorced. When I was in my mid 20's many of my friends who married after HS were getting divorced already. I didn't want to get divorced and maybe that's 1 reason I never got married. 

Another thought I get is in my parents days most people stayed together no matter how hard things got. That ended with my generation. People are too concerned with themselves and their own happiness. A married person has to put their mate first and few people do this. What I'm saying is we have broken all of God's rules for marriage. Every now and then you hear of a couple that stayed together and most of us probably think they had it easy. I don't. I think they just stuck to their vows as you're supposed to. But way too many don't.

You may still get a mate. Or maybe like many of us, Jesus is your only mate. We are supposed to be Holy, not happy. Now if being Holy makes you happy great. If not you still have a lot of thinking to do.

I'll end with this. You're in a big boat. Many of us are in the same situation.

• Thumbs Up 1