Sign in to follow this  
Christs Princess

Salvation, God's leading

How's everything going now?

17 hours ago, Christs Princess said:

Hi Everybody

I posted a prayer request a while back but I can't find it, it's probably staring me in the face somewhere and I've missed it.

My request has to do with my former boyfriend who wasa new christian but has lost his faith and now he says he will only surrender to Jesus Christ if He reveals Himself to him. He doesn't believe that the Bible is the Word of God, rather that it is a book written by man full of man's opinions and 'rules'

He is a Scientist and he has a very analytical mind and I think he is his own worst enemy.

This is hard for me because a ring had been bought and we were going to get married, but I can't be unequally yoked with an unbeliever. I still love him and he still loves me but unless he is truly born again things can go nowhere.

I dont know what is preventing him from  believing, he was once an atheist however he does believe in God now, or sort of, but he wants to live life his way, and does not want to be like me (apparently brainwashed and blindly obedient to God)

He sees I have a relationship with the Lord, that He answers my prayers, that He speaks to me and finds God does not speak to him, feels that He has given Him a chance to reach out to him, to speak to him and reveal himself to him and has not done so.

I really don't know what to do anymore. I've told him over and over what salvation is, what sin is, what it means to be saved. He has gone to church and heard the gospel. I had thought he had gotten to the place of being born again and so did he, but it seems he has even less faith in some ways. He also holds a lot of resentment towards God for me making a stand on not marrying an unbeliever and not going along with sex before marriage. The thing is I didnt really do the breaking up, it was more  a point of me not budging on my stand and him saying he won't accept a sexless relationship

If anyone has any ideas, anything you can tell me please share it with me. Please above all else pray for him! Pray earnestly for him, and for me too, to know what to do .

Glad to see someone standing firm on Scripture. Lord will honor when we stand for Him. I will also pray for him. You are thinking right and doing right. Now we all have to just pray!

3 hours ago, KPaulG said:

How's everything going now?

KPaulG I just feel terrible, sad, in tears. All I can do is pray but really that is the biggest thing anyone can do. I wish that his faith hadn't all but gone, that he had grown and that we had gotten engaged. I am just taking it day to day. 3 years is a long time to have with someone.

12 hours ago, Christs Princess said:

Hello,glad you learned how to Quote..i understand it being hard having to possibly have to let go of a relation ship or the relization that it cant go as far as you would like at the moment and also a chance of it being  friendship only(and also beware of how close of a friendship , if you find out he didnt truely give his heart to the Lord because im pretty sure   "yoked" applies to friends also.(2Co 6:14)  ...i just write that because i had to learn the hard way a few times...and hope it could help...    I guess what i would do is When you think the time is right maybe ask him where was he when he got saved?did he say a Prayer by himself?(which im sure is fine ,as long as he was meaning  in his heart what Romans 10 verse 9 and 10 states  ...and ask him maybe like after he got saved ,what was it like?...now im not sure if this is a must for everyone but most people i talked to and myself remmember a sense of comfort and understanding(that seemed different)  very soon after that Prayer..for me it lasted about a month or two until i started backsliding...but im sure everyone is diffrent and unigue...  and maybe you could explain to him that you need Faith in order to please God.....(Heb_11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.)  and that (Heb_11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things NOT seen. ) since he says he gave God a chance to show himself(i think thats what you said he said)... i do hope he truly got saved and is just in some kind of back slide...But i dont know ...but i am Praying(again) that God will let you know and also give you the strengh to handle this Whole situation the way God would want you too..

Hi CP -I can understand your tears and pain... I can sympathize --you seem like such a wonderful person --and now are in turmoil--and feeling loss......

BUT please do not loose heart. !!!

I read most of the comments--and agree with their  observations. !  This fellow does not line up with your spiritual values   .....

I will pray for you. 

You are very wise --not to think with your heart -

God is holding you wrapped in His arms...He wants you to abide in Him!!  

Wait upon the Lord !!  His plans for you will not fail.

Be at peace dear sister. Praying for you tonight. 

( I remember your previous post somewhere here--) 

I saw your post earlier today and prayed for you both.  I'm glad you're standing with the Lord, although it's not easy.  :emot-heartbeat:

8 hours ago, *~*Honey*~* said:

Hi CP -I can understand your tears and pain... I can sympathize --you seem like such a wonderful person --and now are in turmoil--and feeling loss......

BUT please do not loose heart. !!!

I read most of the comments--and agree with their  observations. !  This fellow does not line up with your spiritual values   .....

I will pray for you. 

You are very wise --not to think with your heart -

God is holding you wrapped in His arms...He wants you to abide in Him!!  

Wait upon the Lord !!  His plans for you will not fail.

Be at peace dear sister. Praying for you tonight. 

( I remember your previous post somewhere here--) 

Honey, you are so kind thank you so much. *hugs* thank you for your prayers I really really appreciate it!

8 hours ago, shanee said:

Hello,glad you learned how to Quote..i understand it being hard having to possibly have to let go of a relation ship or the relization that it cant go as far as you would like at the moment and also a chance of it being  friendship only(and also beware of how close of a friendship , if you find out he didnt truely give his heart to the Lord because im pretty sure   "yoked" applies to friends also.(2Co 6:14)  ...i just write that because i had to learn the hard way a few times...and hope it could help...    I guess what i would do is When you think the time is right maybe ask him where was he when he got saved?did he say a Prayer by himself?(which im sure is fine ,as long as he was meaning  in his heart what Romans 10 verse 9 and 10 states  ...and ask him maybe like after he got saved ,what was it like?...now im not sure if this is a must for everyone but most people i talked to and myself remmember a sense of comfort and understanding(that seemed different)  very soon after that Prayer..for me it lasted about a month or two until i started backsliding...but im sure everyone is diffrent and unigue...  and maybe you could explain to him that you need Faith in order to please God.....(Heb_11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.)  and that (Heb_11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things NOT seen. ) since he says he gave God a chance to show himself(i think thats what you said he said)... i do hope he truly got saved and is just in some kind of back slide...But i dont know ...but i am Praying(again) that God will let you know and also give you the strengh to handle this Whole situation the way God would want you too..

Thank you Shane. I know he said that a mutual facebook friend of ours led him to Christ and he prayed on his own. he had started going to church and we were not on speaking terms at the time. He was convinced I had left the country (I am not from here)
I agree with you that he either was born again or in a backslide. It's so impossible to know.
I used to have this sad feeling whenever we would meet up and hang out. I didn't know why because I loved being around him but it was a deep sadness.
I started praying for him to be saved and wondering why I was praying that since he said he had become born again....I just told myself its "just in case"

I think the Holy Spirit was prompting me the whole time. 

Right now I feel like someone lost at sea. I have no job, and the future I was counting on isn't happening. It's tough but I have to get through it. It's been a very long time since things have gone well.
Thank you for your continued prayers.

Sign in to follow this