• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

The whole world has become absorbed with the Arab-Israeli conflict.  All the Media  TV, Newspapers, Magazines and Radio  are consumed with the issue.  It is truly fascinating to observe the various approaches being taken to the problem.  

The Arab/Muslim nations are reflecting a collective amnesia with history.  The Europeans are simply displaying a shameless historic bias against Jews in general.  The United States is guilty of using a blatant double standard.  Every justification the US has used to wage its just war against terrorism is being denied Israel who has an even greater basis to justify the same.  

Yet the one factor THAT WILL PREVAIL IN THE END is being totally ignored.  GOD made certain unconditional covenants with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and their descendants.  These covenants not only promised them, certain spiritual blessings, prosperity, a role in bringing redemption to the world, but also a nation that will exist forever.  

They were warned that they would be disciplined for persistent disobedience and unbelief.  But they were also promised that they would ultimately be forgiven and restored as a nation to their ancient homeland.

Moses predicted the second destruction of the nation and the dispersion of the Israelites, Just as it pleased the LORD to make you prosper and increase in number, so it will please him to ruin and destroy you.  You will be uprooted from the land you are entering to possess.  Then the LORD will scatter you among all nations, from one end of the earth to the other.  There you will worship other godsgods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your fathers have known. Among those nations you will find no repose, no resting place for the sole of your foot.  There the LORD will give you an anxious mind, eyes weary with longing, and a despairing heart.  You will live in constant suspense, filled with dread both night and day, never sure of your life.  In the morning you will say, If only it were evening! and in the evening, If only it were morning!because of the terror that will fill your hearts and the sights that your eyes will see.  (Deuteronomy 28:63-67)      

This terrible judgment began in AD70 when the Roman Tenth Legion destroyed and scattered the Israelites.  But did this set aside GOD's unconditional covenant with the Israelites?  ABSOLUTELY NOT!

God first made this covenant with Abraham, The LORD said to Abram after Lot had parted from him, Lift up your eyes from where you are and look north and south, east and west.  All the land that you see I will give to you and your seed forever.  I will make your offspring like the dust of the earth, so that if anyone could count the dust, then your offspring could be counted.  Go, walk through the length and breadth of the land, for I am giving it to you. (Genesis 13:14-17)      

GOD went through the most solemn method of making a covenant of Abraham's day when he later re-confirmed this covenant of the Land, When the sun had set and darkness had fallen, a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared and passed between the pieces [of the animal sacrifices].  On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram and said, To your descendants I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphratesthe land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, Amorites, Canaanites, Girga****es and Jebusites. (Genesis 15:17-19)

The LORD alone made this covenant and took an oath that He would fulfill it.  Therefore, the responsibility for it being kept never depended upon anyone else's faithfulness but His own.

This is the only title deed to any piece of land ever given by its Creator and true owner.  The claims of all other nations to the land on which they sit is ultimately the right of conquest.

The LORD confirmed this covenant to Abraham's son Isaac, Make sure that you do not take my son back there, Abraham said.  The LORD, the God of heaven, who brought me out of my father's household and my native land and who spoke to me and promised me on oath, saying, To your offspring I will give this land he will send his angel before you so that you can get a wife for my son from there.  If the woman is unwilling to come back with you, then you will be released from this oath of mine. Only do not take my son back there. (Genesis 15:6-8)

Isaac confirmed the covenant to his son, Jacob, So Isaac called for Jacob and blessed him and commanded him: Do not marry a Canaanite woman.  Go at once to Paddan Aram, to the house of your mother's father Bethuel.  Take a wife for yourself there, from among the daughters of Laban, your mother's brother.  May God Almighty bless you and make you fruitful and increase your numbers until you become a community of peoples.  MAY HE GIVE YOU AND YOUR DESCENDANTS the blessing given to Abraham, so that you may take possession of the land where you now live as an alien, the land God gave to Abraham. (Genesis 28:1-4)

It is important to note that 400 years late, when GOD called Moses to lead the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt to the Promised Land, He revealed Himself as following, Then he said, I AM THE GOD OF YOUR FATHER, THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, THE GOD OF ISAAC AND THE GOD OF JACOB. At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God. (Exodus 3:6)

The Lord Jesus Christ re-confirmed the accuracy Moses account when he taught about the resurrection, But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?  God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. (Matthew 22:31-32)  

I went into this detail because the Koran teaches that GODs covenants were made with Abraham, Ishmael and Esaunot Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  The Muslims believe that the Israelites, whom they call the people of the Book in the Koran, changed and falsified what GOD revealed to them.  They also teach that Christians did the same thing.  

Mohammad is a direct descendant of Ishmael through his son Kedar.  No doubt this is the reason that he carried on the same jealousy and hatred of the Israelites his fathers had.  It is woven throughout the Koran.  (I will soon have a book out on this subject.)  

Did Israels lapses of faith and obedience abrogate the covenants GOD made with them?  Read what GOD says about this, Thus says the Lord, Who gives the sun for a light by day, The ordinances of the moon and the stars for a light by night, Who disturbs the sea, And its waves roar (The Lord of hosts is His name):  If those ordinances depart From before Me, says the Lord, Then the seed of Israel shall also cease From being a nation before Me forever.  Thus says the Lord:  If heaven above can be measured, And the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for of all that they have done, says the Lord. (Jeremiah 31:31-37)

When Jesus Christ predicted the imminent destruction of Israel in His generation, He indicated that it would be a temporary arrangement when He used the word UNTIL.  This is what He predicted, But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!  For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people.  And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles UNTIL the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

The Prophet Ezekiel revealed that the Times of the Gentiles would be drawing to a close when G0D began to return the scattered Israelites to their land.  By this we would know that we had entered the prophetic period called the last days.  GOD said, Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord God: I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name's sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went.  And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I Am the Lord, says the Lord God, when I am sanctified in you before their eyes.  For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and BRING YOU INTO YOUR OWN LAND. (Ezekiel 36:22-24)  

Note carefully that Ezekiel shows it is GOD's faithfulness to His promise that is the sole motive for restoring Israel to their promised land.

Ezekiel does not leave us in the dark as to what time this would take place.  A careful study of chapters 36 through 40 reveals that the return of Israel to the land is first of a series of events that leads to a global war that only the coming of the Messiah can stop.

These chapters further reveal that Israel would return, become a strong nation and then be attacked by a coalition of the surrounding nations (which are all Muslim today) led by a powerful nation to their extreme north.  

Only Russia is to the extreme north of Israel.  Students of prophecy for over 400 years have identified Russia as this predicted power.  Ezekiel wrote, After many days you will be visited.  In THE LATTER YEARS you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they (Israelites) were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely [literally live overconfidently].  Thus says the Lord God: On that day when My people Israel dwell safely, will you not know it? Then you will come from your place out of the extreme north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army. You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land.  It will be in THE LATTER DAYS that I will bring you against MY LAND, so that the nations may know Me, when I am sanctified in you, O Gog, before their eyes.  Thus says the Lord God: Are you he of whom I have spoken in former days by My servants the prophets of Israel, who prophesied for years in those days that I would bring you against them? (Ezekiel 38:8, 15-17)

God has already fulfilled the first stage of this prophecy, He will certainly fulfill the rest and soon.

The Muslims believe that they have exclusive rights to the Land of Israel and Jerusalem.  They directly defy GOD's Word that states to whom He unconditionally gave it.  

Most of the world could care less what GOD has promised to Israel, or what He says is going to happen.  But that does not nullify what GOD promised, nor what He is going to do.

Even some Christians have perverted GOD's solemn promises to Israel with their allegorical interpretations of them.

To these allegorical alchemists, GOD declares, For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel UNTIL the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.   And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:  The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob. (Romans 11:25-26)

The Apostle Paul gives the basis of this unconditional faithfulness, Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.  For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.  

Yes, God will keep His Word to the Israelites, just as He will keep His word to all who believe in His Son, Jesus the Messiah.  He promises that all who receive the gift of pardon Jesus died in our place to give us will be eternally saved. This gift is not given to those who deserve it just as the Land of Israel was not given to the Israelites because they deserve it.

Virtually the whole world is rejecting what GOD has given to the Israelites.  But GOD has thrown His gauntlet into the arena from the time He returned His people to their home land.  He will soon do everything He promised He would dowhether the World likes it or not.  He has given the title deed to Jerusalem and Israel to the descendance of Abraham, Isaac and Joseph.   May GOD have mercy on all those who reject His Word.  As Jesus Christ warned concerning His prophecies of the end times, Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away. (Matthew 24:35)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Good analysis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Just to add to what Bob has said...

For those who believe the promised land covenant was already fulfilled, I wish to say...

At no time in Israels history have they ever possessed the Promised Land as defined by the borders set forth in Genesis from God to Abraham. So therefore, the Promise is not yet complete or fulfilled.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Very well put. I think people have a really hard time getting past their human logic to see all of this. What they need to understand is to just read scripture and stop trying to understand it all, just accept God at His Word. I really like your comparison to people of Christ not deserving salvation any more than the Israelites do. I often have wondered about this.

Love in Christ

Teri

• Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Facts about Israel

1. Nationhood and Jerusalem. Israel became a nation in 1312 B.C, two thousand years before the rise of Islam.

2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.

3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C. the Jews have had dominion over the land for one thousand years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.

4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 A.D. lasted no more than 22 years.

5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.

6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Qur'an.

7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.

8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.

9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.

10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.

11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be the same.

12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples' lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.

13. The Arab - Israeli Conflict: The Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.

14. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them with weapons. [see Fatah Charter/Constitution]

15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.

16. The UN Record on Israel and the Arabs: Of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990; there were 97 directed against Israel.

17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel.

18. The UN was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.

19. The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.

20. The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  155
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

Did GOD make unconditional covenants with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and their descendants.

Shortly after the exodus, when Moses trekked up Mount Sinai where he communed with God for 40 days, receiving the Ten Commandments, the children of Israel forgot all about the Lord and made and worshipped a golden calf.

"And the Lord said unto Moses, `Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves: They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, "These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt."' And the LORD SAID UNTO MOSES, `I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people: Now therefore let Me alone, that My wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation'" (Exodus 32 -10).

Does this sound like the promises to Israel are unconditional? No! The promises to all of us have conditions attached.

Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.

Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

(Edited by Nebuchadnezzar at 12:10 am on April 9, 2002)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Neb you may want to read the rest of the passage in Exodus you quoted, because Moses reminded God of the promises he made to him and the children of Israel and God didn't revoke the covenant. Romans 11:24-33  After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

25.  I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

26.  And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

27.  And this is  my covenant with them when I take away their sins."

28.  As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs,

29.  for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.

30.  Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience,

31.  so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now  receive mercy as a result of God's mercy to you.

32.  For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

33.  Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and  knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! God isn't finished with the Jew, they may be broken off, because of the rejection of the Messiah, but they will be grafted back in.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Excellent analysis by JohnS

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Neb, I was trying to write a rebuttal to you but I can't stop laughing long enough. My belly hurts!

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  155
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

Did you know?

1 - THAT, when the Palestine Problem was created by Britain in 1917, more than 90% of the population of Palestine were Arabs, and that there were at that time no more than 56,000 Jews in Palestine?

2 - THAT, more than half of the Jews living in Palestine at that time were recent immigrants, who had come to Palestine in the preceding decades in order to escape persecution in Europe?... And that less than 5% of the population of Palestine were native Palestinian Jews?

3 - THAT, the Arabs of Palestine at that time owned 97.5% of the land, while Jews (native Palestinians and recent immigrants together) owned only 2.5% of the land?

4 - THAT, during the thirty years of British occupation and rule, the Zionists were able to purchase only 3.5% of the land of Palestine, in spite of the encouragement of the British Government?... And that much of this land was transferred to Zionist bodies by the British Government directly, and was not sold by Arab owners?

5 - THAT, therefore, when British passed the Palestine Problem to the United Nations in 1947, Zionists owned no more than 6% of the total land area of Palestine?

6 - THAT, notwithstanding these facts, the General Assembly of the United Nations recommended that a "Jewish State" be established in Palestine?... And that the Assembly granted that proposed "State" about 54% of the total area of the country?

7 - THAT, Israel immediately occupied (and still occupies) 80.48% of the total land area of Palestine?

8 - THAT, this territorial expansion took place, for the most part, before 15 May 1948: i.e., before the formal end of the British forces from Palestine, before the entry of Arab armies to protect Palestinian Arabs, and before the Arab-Israeli war?

9 - THAT, the 1947 recommendation of the General Assembly in favor of the creation of a "Jewish State" was outside the competence of the Assembly under the Charter of the United Nations?

10 - THAT, all attempts by the Arab States and other Asian countries to have the Assembly submit