IGNORED

What should I do if my love for Jesus ended?

LPTSTR

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Someone told me. You should love God not for what he can do for us, but for who he is. Don't know if that makes sense.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,419
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

LPTSTR.  At the end of the day the choice is yours really on what decisions you make and how you are to proceed.  But what i have read there from your replies, it seems to me that you have been dabbling with a bit of the dark side in terms of playing with occult things as in the dorm room situation you described.  Darkness and light have nothing in common and you have to stay clear of those things that seem harmless, but are really bait of satan to entice you to join his dark underworld.   My name in this forum is part of who i am in this world, as i have been in terrible spiritual battles, that are real.  

I am sure you may have asked a thousand times , why me Lord, why can't i be like the rest of the good christians that have  a good family,jobs and church family.  Well Moses, did not want the part that God gave him, but the lord choose him.  We really can't understand fully why God does things the way he does at times and wish we could just live normal lives.  When the Lord send trials and tribulations, it is for testing, building up courage and to fight battles, and be a testimony for others that will come behind you and many more.   Saying hail to your enemy and felling power is a sign and confimation of the spritual host of wickedness plot for your soul.   You have to see through and see what the bible says what to do about it.   Stand like a warrior for the Lord and he will not let you down, even though you may feel hopeless.  The christian life is a journey that will take you places that will entail hardship and trials, but the rewards are written and sealed.  There is a white stone with a new name waiting for you.   Press on, the Lord is on your side and with you.

Joshua 24:15King James Version (KJV)

15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

Btw I forgot to mention that sometimes I also say out loud "Hail Satan!" when I am alone and that makes me happy and sometimes fills with energy...

This may not set well with everyone, but if you are doing this, it tells me from my experience that either you have somehow invited demonic forces into your life or sometime you have done something very wrong to the Holy Spirit.

Do you have any time periods in your life that you can't account for????

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

10 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

But how can I find strength and trust to believe? I had trust in Him but it did not justify itself.

Would it work if I don't really care but just admit what I have done and say I am sorry? If it wouldn't then what would be the point?

That advise might even have chance to work but right now I am not willing to repent my sens because I have no guarantee that it would change anything.

Btw I forgot to mention that sometimes I also say out loud "Hail Satan!" when I am alone and that makes me happy and sometimes fills with energy...

LPTSTR here is what I hear when I read your posts:

1. I want God to fix everything for me when I want and where I want. 

2. I want to be a Christian on my own terms not on God's terms. 

3. It isn't easy living a life of a Christian because I have to be obedient to God. Therefore I don't want to make the effort to love the Lord like I ought. 

4. Because God didn't answer my prayers when I wanted therefore Christianity is not what I want because it doesn't do anything for me.

LPTSTR I am sure that I can bring out some more stuff from your posts but these 4 are the top. Now let me answer these questions for you.

God is not your servant. He is not bound by your whims and desires. Instead He loves you and wants you to trust Him for your needs. He never promised our wants but did promise that he would meet our needs Phillipians 4:19, "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. NIV". But you haven't allowed Him to take control because from what it sounds like you want the control and God to do what you want.

You cannot be a Christian and be a Christian on your own terms. As a Christian we have the freedom to trust God that he knows what he is doing. We must trust Him everyday for our needs, wants, desires and answers to prayer. We are to be obedient to His word and we must strive to be "Be holy, because I am holy. I Peter 1:16". It takes time, sometimes it takes heartaches, hardships and troubles for us to grow closer to God.

Lazy Christian do not get anywhere in life. God has give us His word and he expects us to obey whether we want to or not. God is perfect and holy. He is also just, patient and kind. However he is also a God of judgement because he does not tolerate sin. If your effort was to gain favor with God then it is a losing battle because we can do nothing to gain that favor. The only way is to trust in Christ's work on the cross. 

You have decided that Christianity is not for you. Christianity is not something you put on for size, try it out for a time, and then discard it when you feel that it isn't working for you. I would question the validity of the salvation experience and would plead with you to trust Christ as your Savior. You have given arguments as to why you have to do something or how you have to do something. Quite honestly those are just surface questions that most people that want to argue will ask.

LPTSTR I implore your to truly trust in Christ as your Savior. Trust in Him and rest in Him knowing that He has a plan and a purpose for your life. It won't be easy and we don't always get what we want But God knows what we need. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

9 hours ago, Davida said:

1John 1:9 "8If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar, and His word is not in us.…"

What do you  wish to say with that? I am not trying to say that I have no sin.  And I even confess these in a sense that yes, I have done these things and I know they are wrong.

7 hours ago, warrior12 said:

as i have been in terrible spiritual battles

Could you bring some example that I may understand better what you mean by terrible.

I am sure you may have asked a thousand times , why me Lord, why can't i be like the rest of the good christians that have  a good family,jobs and church family.

You are right about it. Sometimes I wish it would be so. This text reminded me that when I first came to faith. I mean the times when I truly expected good out of God and had hope in Him. Then some of Christians whom I first met during my Christian "career" told me that God has something special for me. And different people who did not discuss it with each other said that. And during that time I was happy and hoped that it would be something nice and shiny. I imagined that maybe it means that God would make me as a light for others. But now I wish that people would have prophesied that I am gonna be like any other good Christian.

Stand like a warrior for the Lord and he will not let you down, even though you may feel hopeless.

Definitely those times have been part of my life where I have done this. Not perfect way but according to my knowledge -  praying, putting on te armor of God, commanding evil to leave from me and so on. But He has still let me down.

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

for now you just seem to be toying with us.

Could you be more specific please? I am not making up any extra sins to look worse than I am, I am just confessing these things so that you know the fact and can take this into account.

4 hours ago, other one said:

This may not set well with everyone, but if you are doing this, it tells me from my experience that EITHER you have somehow invited demonic forces into your life or sometime you have done something very wrong to the Holy Spirit.

What do you mean by either here? Just dont get that sentence.

4 hours ago, other one said:

Do you have any time periods in your life that you can't account for????

What do you mean by that?

2 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Instead He loves you and wants you to trust Him for your needs.

But where is that love? There have been times where I have trusted him but that is past.

He never promised our wants but did promise that he would meet our needs

Before we can discuss it you need to define what is need and what is want. Of course there and things that obviously are wants. But is desire to have experience with Him that I may be sure that He is real need or want? Answering to myself it might even be want. But what about desire to have have wife who loves and cares, is that need or want (Here I truly have no idea)? Or what about desire to have at least one really good chrisstian friend whom I can see from face to face? According to my understanding, God created human to be social being. So according to that logic I would classify wife and to have at least one christian friend whom I can trust as a need but I would like to see your opinion here even if I disagree.

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. NIV

Well here I cant argue with that before I know what you define as need. For example you could say that having relationship with Him is the only need because even if we die due to lack of things we need to live we would still be with Him at the end. In this case that need right now in my life is not answered. However if you are more materialistic, you may say that need is only to have food and place to live. In that case I cant complain. But psychologist would probably say that having good Christian friend or wife who loves you is also need. In this case I would say that these needs are unmet.

But you haven't allowed Him to take control because from what it sounds like you want the control and God to do what you want.

I partially disagree. I agree that I havent allowed Him to take full controll. But the reason is a bit different. The thing is that I have not allowed him to use myself to reach non-believers. The reason at first was fear. Fear that when I talk at home and to friends and then nothing special/supernatural happens in my life/with me then they would make fun of me. Later that fear justified itself because nothing really happened. So then I had another reason that I myself wasnt sure anymore wether or not I am doing right ting at all. I mean I had so many unanswered prayers that I started to doubt if God exists at all. And of course in case he doesnt exist, byt reaching to non-believers, if I would proclaim God who does not exist at all I would lite to them and give them false hope and so on.  And now the latest reason for not allowing Him to controll me is bitterness.  I have had few very good opportunities to tell about God to those who are far from Him. But in my anger and disappointment I dismissed these opportunities and told God that I am no going to talk about Him to anybody before He haven't answered my prayers and I dont care if they would go to hell because I didnt tell them or not. So yes now it is finally what you described.

We must trust Him everyday for our needs, wants, desires and answers to prayer.

But can you explain me, how can I trust him if life shows that He cant be trusted? I mean if I dont have strength to believe and if I dont have hope anymore then where should I take this trust? I am almost sure that this question would get answered like: "Just do it" with out explaining how.....

Lazy Christian do not get anywhere in life.

How do you define lazy? In my about 3.5 years Christian career I have read Bible trough entirely 2 times, and I have read trough entire new testament about 5 times. I have listened entire bible from cover to cover which was about 700 hours of audio, I have read study guides for hours, I have watched service for 30 hours. When I still believed I prayed like 10 - 20 times a day, I have taken part in small groups, I have looked up what certain words/phrases/verses mean in Bible,  there have been sundays where I visit 3-4 different churches in same day to hear more the word of God. Is that  lazy? If so maybe you could be so nice and tell me what I should do?

God has give us His word and he expects us to obey whether we want to or not

Ok, I understand but before I can obey I still need to be convinced myself that the command is from and and not from my own mind, and that there is God at all because if I am not fully sure then to whom shall I obey? I could easily obey to wrong god.

You have decided that Christianity is not for you.

These are your words. I like the idea, and I like the personality and behavior of Christians (except maybe you because you have really taken the role of accuser than a role of Christian (at least according to my opinion)). I like the idea of doing good to all, specially those who are not deserving. I like the idea of forgiving others the wrong they do and not not paying back evil with evil.

3 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

I would question the validity of the salvation experience and would plead with you to trust Christ as your Savior.

What do you mean by experience? Feelings? Didnt have any special feeling after I first did my salvation prayer.

3 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Quite honestly those are just surface questions that most people that want to argue will ask.

And it looks like you are someone who does not want to answer... Why? You dont have answers? Because answering would make you admit something about your faith that you dont want to admit? I have even word for you: Mt 25:42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink [...] .

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,419
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

52 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:
9 hours ago, warrior12 said:

as i have been in terrible spiritual battles

Could you bring some example that I may understand better what you mean by terrible.

LPTSTR.  Let me say, i can relate to what you are saying as i have been there and to some extent is still there.  Let me see if i could shed a little as in a forum i am not going to describe my life journey and as a christian for now  fourteen years.  But let me first say something about the spiritual battles that are terrible.  It would be almost an essay to get the whole point as i will have to describe how i came to trust in the God  of the bible.  Let me say this too, explaining spiritual personal things is like describing a dream, whom the receiver of that dream can only imagine what that person is saying but not truly understanding as it is all spiritual but very real. 

Something happened in a place that i worked where petty competition of who can do more  output turned into a group being against me.  I use to drink and go to bars as my only bad habit really, but i was very far from God.  In my youth years, i went to crusades and when alter calls were made to give my life to Jesus i sincerely did and though i tried to follow the right path i got pulled back into worldly things, drinking and smoking only.  I have to skip a lot or it will be a very long reply.

So back to the work place.  Those people in my senses or spirit  i suspected were plotting something to endanger me and i wanted to leave there. But my parents would tell me just go do my job and don't pay attention to them.  So i did, untill one day i went to work and started to do the same thing i did and i felt something very forcefully choking me, i had to run out the place go outside and try to catch my breath and i thought i was going to die.  I went stumbled my way across the street got to a pay phone and left a message to my parents that if they did not see me at home is because i would be dead.

Somehow, i slowly stared to get by breath back and then when i felt i could drive home i did.  I phoned my sister and explained the situation to her and she told me to go back and i did not want to go back there as the fear i had.  Then she told me that the people there were invoking demonic things to hurt me and to call upon  the name of Jesus Christ and the demonic enterties will have to flee and nothing will harm me.   Well i did manage to go back after about three days with trepidation.  Then i felt things coming over my body like spikes, pains on my sides and i started to pray and call on jesus name and they would subside. That gave me confidence to go back to work, and then massive headaches, and i would pray and i did not really know how to pray, but would call all the names i know from the bible too, like peter, paul ect.  I felt my head would explode.   Within a week or so i quit drinking and smoking and till this day i have never drank a beer or smoked.    I then started to read a bible i had at home, but still these things will come to harass and cause troubles.   I will stop here, but there is much much more i can tell you that will seem either i am lying or you may not understand.   And to this day i still encounter all types of things trying to pull me back to the world and away from the God of the bible.   Just to say also, i bought about every book on spiritual warfare to see if people was going through what i did and none would give examples like what i encountered.   I also read things that people encountered that i have not, therefore i really don't discount people when they give testimonies of the spiritual real and things they go through. The way i look at it,is that i have to stand befofe the lord one day and give an account for what i tell people and my testimony, they will have to stand  before him, so it is not a matter of if i believe their events or not.    

As a person, if i describe who i am  and my life journey thus really, you or others reading may want or have pity.  But, i have learned that through those experiences that i have and what the bible says, that the bible is true in its account of the realm we live in and before the living god still ask god , where are you in the dramas that takes place.  I have read the bible and what i have never done is blame him or turn away from him.   Faith is the substance of things hope for ,the evidence of things not seen.  Through those battles though, i have always came out and i am here still to be a witness.   The spiritual realm and the battles that ensues are real, real real and there are lot more things i can say, but i don't like the platform of a forum to discuss these things.  writings can easily be misread and misunderstandings and wrong opinions can be formed in a persons mind.  Dialogue with a person present is more suited as you can more freely express and describe your thoughts and messaged.

I really feel your disappointments and frustration and why i see it fit to give a lengthy reply to your question you asked me.  All that said, i want to personally say to you, the devil is real, God is real and when you have taken up the mantle to trust and serve God, the two players would be manifested before you.   Like you, i have never heard audible from God, social life , friends, church and others are not like most people.  I have two sisters who have served the lord all their life, one has passed away and one alive.  I have seen their persistent and faithful obedience in the midst of trouble and i know my sisters they are good poeple.  Their testimony had given me the courage to press on and i am glad that i did .But all the glory and praise is to Jesus Christ for keeping me and in all the battles it was him at the forefront of it all.      

So i encourage you to seek the lord, you have read the bible and the promise he has for you.  Our life here is but a puff of wind, eternity is forever. choose wisely.   God has not given up on you, so don't give up on him. Press on brother.   see Paul's life as an example.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

1 hour ago, LPTSTR said:

Well here I cant argue with that before I know what you define as need. For example you could say that having relationship with Him is the only need because even if we die due to lack of things we need to live we would still be with Him at the end. In this case that need right now in my life is not answered. However if you are more materialistic, you may say that need is only to have food and place to live. In that case I cant complain. But psychologist would probably say that having good Christian friend or wife who loves you is also need. In this case I would say that these needs are unmet.

So LPTSTR you decided to go down this path so here we go. I will not argue with you because that is pretty much worthless. I can only tell you the truth and it is Holy Spirit that must convict you of sin and your need for true salvation. While I cannot judge a person's heart, their life and actions will show if they truly belong to Christ. So I will answer this as simply as I possible can since you are not even closely aware of what scripture teaches (yes I saw your response further on about how much your read the Bible but I will address that at that time). If you knew what the the scripture truly teaches you wouldn't be asking this question from a humanistic viewpoint.  Scripture is full of God taking care of our needs. The first and foremost need is Jesus Christ. Without that need fulfilled any other "need" that you referred to is only secondary to this first and most important need that you and I have. Now whether you accept that fact or reject it is up to you. 

Again what I am hearing is that "because I didn't what I want, or my need is unmet" that somehow God is a fault here. I would love to hear what your definition of a need is. Here are a few verses of how God does take care of us, Matthew 6:25-34, 1 Pet 5:7, Phil 4:6-7, Matthew 6:31 and Matthew 16:24-25. I could go on but unless you are willing to really read these verses, and apply the truths presented, you will always be disappointed. You desire to have your needs(whatever you define them as) met but you do not desire to give your life completely over to God. You want God to do stuff for you and you don't even have a relationship with Him. How do I know that the need you have is a new car but you are asking for a Corvette? Or that the desire to have a family is a selfish thing not because you want to raise a family that loves the Lord and wants to serve Him? You say you have read the Bible but all you have done is read words on a page. You never did believe what was written on those pages. 

1 hour ago, LPTSTR said:

I partially disagree. I agree that I havent allowed Him to take full controll. But the reason is a bit different. The thing is that I have not allowed him to use myself to reach non-believers. The reason at first was fear. Fear that when I talk at home and to friends and then nothing special/supernatural happens in my life/with me then they would make fun of me. Later that fear justified itself because nothing really happened. So then I had another reason that I myself wasnt sure anymore wether or not I am doing right ting at all. I mean I had so many unanswered prayers that I started to doubt if God exists at all. And of course in case he doesnt exist, byt reaching to non-believers, if I would proclaim God who does not exist at all I would lite to them and give them false hope and so on.  And now the latest reason for not allowing Him to controll me is bitterness.  I have had few very good opportunities to tell about God to those who are far from Him. But in my anger and disappointment I dismissed these opportunities and told God that I am no going to talk about Him to anybody before He haven't answered my prayers and I dont care if they would go to hell because I didnt tell them or not. So yes now it is finally what you described.

So you partially agree with me, state your reasons why you didn't let God in control of your life and then you say not it is finally what I described. This does not make sense to me. You agree, you don't agree, you still on the fence? You are choosing not to follow Christ. It is by your own desire not God's. So what I see here is that because your prayers weren't answered, which I am gathering are not God centered, that somehow you are going to stick it to Him by not spreading the Gospel? Or that your lack of caring for other people enough to see them saved from an eternity apart for God is going to cause God to say, "Well LPTSTR refuses to care about other people's eternities so I better start helping out LPTSTR a little more"? You my friend are playing a very dangerous game. Isaiah 55:9 says, ""As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. NIV" So your idea of sticking it to Him is pretty much worthless. You are only hurting yourself and causing your self to justify your currently lifestyle.

1 hour ago, LPTSTR said:

But can you explain me, how can I trust him if life shows that He cant be trusted? I mean if I dont have strength to believe and if I dont have hope anymore then where should I take this trust? I am almost sure that this question would get answered like: "Just do it" with out explaining how.....

And how do you know that He can't be trusted. Do you have a personal, daily walk with Him? Are you resting in His promises? Are you letting him control your life(we all know that you aren't)? So why would He show himself to you when you have desire to see Him for who He is? Why do you say He can't be trusted? I can say that He is trustworthy but I am willing to let Him show that to me. It may not be the way I think it should be but I can assure you LPTSTR that He is very trustworthy. It is you and I that are not trustworthy. That is why He sent his Son for our sins so that we could be reconciled to a trustworthy saying. But as you have said your posts that you do not want to give your life over to God so therefore He can't show you His trustworthiness.

1 hour ago, LPTSTR said:

How do you define lazy? In my about 3.5 years Christian career I have read Bible trough entirely 2 times, and I have read trough entire new testament about 5 times. I have listened entire bible from cover to cover which was about 700 hours of audio, I have read study guides for hours, I have watched service for 30 hours. When I still believed I prayed like 10 - 20 times a day, I have taken part in small groups, I have looked up what certain words/phrases/verses mean in Bible,  there have been sundays where I visit 3-4 different churches in same day to hear more the word of God. Is that  lazy? If so maybe you could be so nice and tell me what I should do?

I love how you define being a Christian a career and you cannot be more from the truth than you are there. Christianity is not a career. It isn't a job where I work 8-5 as a Christian and then let go after work and do my own thing. Christianity is a lifestyle and I can assure you from what you have written that you are not living this lifestyle. And I a will go ahead and and debunk your whole so called religious experience to the pharisee that Jesus mentions in Luke 18, "To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.  The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector.  I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get. But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.' "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted NIV.”

LPTSTR I don't care what study you have done or what you read, how many times you read it, how many times you went to church in a day, etc the bottom line is it went in one ear right out the other. Christianity is a lifestyle and you must live the way God's Word teaches. It is a 24/7 lifestyle where we live to become more like Christ, and to become more holy each day 1 Peter 1:16. You have chosen not to do this and are somehow thinking that God is at fault in all of this. Yes you are lazy and want God to do bless you and do all the work without living a life that is pleasing to Him. So I stand by my statement as I wrote it originally.

1 hour ago, LPTSTR said:

Ok, I understand but before I can obey I still need to be convinced myself that the command is from and and not from my own mind, and that there is God at all because if I am not fully sure then to whom shall I obey? I could easily obey to wrong god.

God's Word is "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 NIV" and another verse "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness I Tim 3:16". I could keep going but God's Word is His word and whether you accept that fact or reject that fact is all on you. You will be held accountable for what you read, hear and listen to. You will also be held accountable for your choice whether or not you believe His word is true. 

Romans 14:11 says, "It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God. NIV". LPTSTR regardless of what you think and how you believe one day all men everywhere, including you and I, will kneel before God and acknowledge that He alone is God and that there is no other God. Then from that point those that do not know Him and have rejected Christ's work on the cross will be cast from Him into everlasting darkness separated from God for eternity. Those that have put their trust in Christ will spend eternity with God. Again you can accept or reject but the choice is up to you to decide what to do with it. I just hope you find the truth before it is too late. Because "Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment Heb 9:27 NIV". And I pray that you realize that before it is too late.

1 hour ago, LPTSTR said:

These are your words. I like the idea, and I like the personality and behavior of Christians (except maybe you because you have really taken the role of accuser than a role of Christian (at least according to my opinion)). I like the idea of doing good to all, specially those who are not deserving. I like the idea of forgiving others the wrong they do and not not paying back evil with evil.

As a believer I don't assume to know your heart or life only God knows that. "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve. Jeremiah 17:10 NIV". Now if I pointed out the truth and it bothers you then maybe you need to examine in your own heart with the scriptures to see if what I am saying might be true. I never took the role of an accuser. I just made some observations that I found prevalent in your posts. I can assure you that everything said was out of love for someone that seems lost without Christ. I don't assume that you are or are not a Christian. Your own posts and questions and arguments kind of point to the direction that you aren't but as I said that is between you and God. If I as a believer happen to come across something that is contrary to God's word I will point it out. I will use scripture not as my defense but I will defend God's Word because he has asked us believers to do so. And your's and my opinion do not matter. I apparently did ruffle some feathers but I can assure you mine are not ruffled. 

1 hour ago, LPTSTR said:

What do you mean by experience? Feelings? Didnt have any special feeling after I first did my salvation prayer.

Experience is not a feeling of when you are saved. When I was saved I didn't feel any different than I did prior to trusting Christ but my experience as a Christian did. The more I studying to know who God was the more I began to see God working in my life. If you were expecting some huge and mighty thing when you got saved then you had some expectations that were not biblical. 

1 hour ago, LPTSTR said:

And it looks like you are someone who does not want to answer... Why? You dont have answers? Because answering would make you admit something about your faith that you dont want to admit? I have even word for you: Mt 25:42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink [...] .

And finally to finish off the defense of Christianity and God's Word I would definitely encourage you to not try and take a verse and make it fit something it was never meant to fit. LPTSTR you have opened yourself up to a very dangerous way of interpretation scripture. I have an answer for my faith and I have done it very thoroughly here in this response to you. I am not ashamed of my faith and I can guarantee you that I am not defending myself because with God I am nothing. LPTSTR what you don't know about me is that I am very ready to give an answer for the hope that is within me. Also just for the record, the verse that you quoted has nothing to do with the defense of the gospel. All that verse teaches is that good works do not get you to heaven. You could be born in a church, raised in the church and die in the church yet all the good things you do are not good enough to get you to heaven. Only trusting in Christ will do that. 

LPTSTR thanks for allowing me the time to defend the faith. You have know been presented with the truth. You can try and argue your viewpoint or opinion but it doesn't negate the truth of God's Word. Only you, and you alone can decide what you will do with it. Others on here will say the same thing I am saying and will agree with most of what I am saying. LPTSTR all I can say is that you take a step back and scrutinize your life, as I do mine on a daily basis, and really ask yourself the honest question, "If I were to die right now where would I spend eternity?"

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:54 PM, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

What should I do if my love for Jesus cooled down already months ago 2 or 3 weeks ago it ended completely and I have no intention to repent of it? I dont feel any calling from got (to repent or to turn to Him), I have prayed, but nothing. When I sin I dont feel guilt. I have no motivation to go back to God. Sometimes I wish He would be part of my life but then He doesnt answer me. I have experienced so many disappointments that I am not capable of expecting anything good out of Him or prayer answers even if I sometimes want to hope well of Him. I asked 2 people to pray for me with short time interval. They did it fervently. They prayed that God would reveal Him and His love for me and blah blah blah, but after that I was as cold as before. When I go to small group or youth night I get bored because I feel that I have to waste my time on listening lies. Because I have been Christian for years now and I know that God's love and care and prayer answers are only nice theory in Bible but I have never experienced or felt that in any way. I have had one sided love with Jesus - I have loved Him all these years with out getting any love back in return, and that has now ended. What should I do now? Btw there is no point in praying for me because I can tell it from years of experience that God doe not answer these. I have wasted my time and you would waste yours also.

By the way, it it true that those who commit suicide will go to hell or can this sin also be forgiven as any other sin?

God does answer prayers. But the problem that a lot of people have is expecting God to work on our timetable but He works on His own time. Just because He doesn't answer your prayers when you want him to doesn't mean that He doesn't hear you or doesn't love you. We all tend to feel this way quite a lot, like God doesn't hear us, but He does. He will answer you even if you have to wait years for an answer. He loves you.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:54 PM, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

What should I do if my love for Jesus cooled down already months ago 2 or 3 weeks ago it ended completely and I have no intention to repent of it? I dont feel any calling from got (to repent or to turn to Him), I have prayed, but nothing. When I sin I dont feel guilt. I have no motivation to go back to God. Sometimes I wish He would be part of my life but then He doesnt answer me. I have experienced so many disappointments that I am not capable of expecting anything good out of Him or prayer answers even if I sometimes want to hope well of Him. I asked 2 people to pray for me with short time interval. They did it fervently. They prayed that God would reveal Him and His love for me and blah blah blah, but after that I was as cold as before. When I go to small group or youth night I get bored because I feel that I have to waste my time on listening lies. Because I have been Christian for years now and I know that God's love and care and prayer answers are only nice theory in Bible but I have never experienced or felt that in any way. I have had one sided love with Jesus - I have loved Him all these years with out getting any love back in return, and that has now ended. What should I do now? Btw there is no point in praying for me because I can tell it from years of experience that God doe not answer these. I have wasted my time and you would waste yours also.

By the way, it it true that those who commit suicide will go to hell or can this sin also be forgiven as any other sin?

Just now, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

No, there is no forgiveness for suicide because we can be forgiven our sins only when we are alive. There is no forgiveness after you are dead. Not even if you ask forgiveness in advance because you are still dead.