• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

You know. I've said this before and I say it again. We need to have a good old fashioned Bible study going on here . These new wave ideas on things are nothing more than someone saying that they are the light to Jesuse truth and not the Bible.

Agreed. The only way to know what is false is to know the truth. And to know the the truth you have to be in the truth. And we know that truth only comes from God's word.

Edited by Jaydog1976

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/23/1995

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. ; 

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: 1 Peter 3 Can't get around it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/09/1985

1 Peter 3:18-22 KJV

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Edited by darth_nisse

9 minutes ago, COGTHW said:

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. ; 

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: 1 Peter 3 Can't get around it.

Quoting your passages again COGTHW does make your teaching of salvation to be true. Again I presented my point earlier and you did not respond. It's like you can't support your argument other than posting duplicates. 

Explain to me how you come to the conclusion that baptism plus Christ equals salvation. There is no where in scripture that teaches this. And again figure in John 3:5 is a word for a symbol or a picture of what baptism means.

I gave scripture the bible says search the scriptures. Not man view I have said nothing of my own but scriptures after scripture. 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, COGTHW said:

I gave scripture the bible says search the scriptures. Not man view I have said nothing of my own but scriptures after scripture. 

What happens to a person who is saved but dies before they have access to baptismal waters?

John 3:5

You are asking a question that shows 3 things

1. You don't know God

2. Saying the Pastor is dumb

3. You don't know Scripture

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/09/1985

Romans 10:9-10King James Version (KJV)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

So this is totally invalid if a person does this and does not get baptized, that person is not saved?

Edited by darth_nisse

Just now, shiloh357 said:

What happens to a person who is saved but dies before they have access to baptismal waters?

They go to heaven and to spend to spend their eternity with Christ. Salvation is trusting in Christ's work on the cross and putting your faith in that. Nothing more. Baptism is not required for salvation. Baptism is a public acknowledgement that you have trusted in Christ. It represents that you have died to your self and are made alive in Christ. That is all it is is a symbol.