• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/23/1995

You have to have the baptism of water in the name of Jesus Christ and baptism of the Holy Ghost to enter into heaven. If not you are not "saved" that's bible not COGTHW thoughts but the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/23/1995

If you don't speak in tongues you don't have the Holy Ghost. If you not baptized in the name of Jesus Christ or Lord Jesus you don't have the baptism of water.  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. John 3:5

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

3 minutes ago, COGTHW said:

You have to have the baptism of water in the name of Jesus Christ and baptism of the Holy Ghost to enter into heaven. If not you are not "saved" that's bible not COGTHW thoughts but the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

5 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

You need the baptism in the water in Jesus name and Holy Ghost to make it to heaven if not you not going to heaven. You have the Holy Ghost when you 1st speak in tongues.

Sorry GOGTHW, i just want to get what you are saying clearly.   so you have the Holy Ghost when you first speak in tongues. so if you don't speak in tongues you don't have the Holy Ghost.  Is Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit the same. ? 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

44 minutes ago, Giller said:

Hi churchmouse, the tongues mentioned in acts chapter 2, are referring to other tongues, which were other known languages which the 120 did not personally know, which did not need to be interpreted, for the people that knew those specific languages, knew what they were saying.

But then there is unknown tongues, which you see in the book of Corinthians, which is a language not known to man, but only to God. There are times were you can be speaking in tongues, and be either speaking in another tongue or in an unknown tongue.

God bless.

Ok, Now I'm thoroughly confused here. Could you post the scriptures so I can reference them. Thank you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

24 minutes ago, COGTHW said:

How does your theology fit with the words of Jesus?

Mathew 28:19 - Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

28 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Sorry GOGTHW, i just want to get what you are saying clearly.   so you have the Holy Ghost when you first speak in tongues. so if you don't speak in tongues you don't have the Holy Ghost.  Is Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit the same. ? 

I don't know about this. Remember the thief that died beside Christ. The one who asked him "to remember me when you reach your kingdom".  Christ  told him that he would be beside Christ in his kingdom and the thief was not baptized with water and there is no reference that he began speaking in tongues.  Their is something not right with what this guy is preaching.

28 minutes ago, COGTHW said:

If you don't speak in tongues you don't have the Holy Ghost. If you not baptized in the name of Jesus Christ or Lord Jesus you don't have the baptism of water.  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. John 3:5

There are only 3 places in Scripture where speaking in tongues were ever connected with salvation: Acts 2:4, 10:44-46, and 19:6. Nowhere in the New Testament does it teach that speaking in tongues is the only evidence a person has received the Holy Spirit. As a point of fact, Scripture tells us that every true believer in Christ has the Holy Spirit, as evidenced in Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:13 and Ephesians 1:13-14. 

On that note: Scripture says that not every believer speaks in "tongues", as shown in 1 Corinthians 12:29-31. You forget that in the early church, there was a purpose for this. However, God doesn't "toss miracles" out there like they are going out of style, and He doesn't do the same thing with gifts.

Finally: if someone is astute enough, they can fake the "gift of tongues"; God isn't going to use a gift that someone can replicate with a bit of study and acting skill as an "only sign" of having the Holy Spirit. Anyone can put on a good show for a little bit, but having the fruit of the Spirit is something that no one can consistently fake for very long. You have it or you don't.

Since what you are teaching is error and you have indicated you have no intention of stopping, I must now place you on ignore. I strongly advise others to do so, as what you are "teaching" is biblically incorrect and will only harm the walk of those who are not as mature in the faith. And for that, you will have to give an account.

Goodbye.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

1 minute ago, Churchmouse said:

I don't know about this. Remember the thief that died beside Christ who asked him to remember me when you reach your kingdom.  Christi  told him that he would be beside Christ in his kingdom and the thief was not baptized with water and there is no reference that he began speaking in tongues.  Their is something not right with what this guy is preaching.

To be honest, i have not been immersed in the bible for a while as in the last few years of struggles and sleep ect.  Thank the good lord for the internet so i reference things quickly and for this site too as i could read and view whole threads ect.   It is good to ask the questions and let the bible speak and the truth manifest.    

What he is saying is straight pentecostal preaching and beliefs.    Context and how one does his interpretation will result in his reply.   If you are baptist based, your line of theology would be predestination as an example.  

But i see a great divide with bible believers as to their interpretations and i really wonder why.    All i can say, is there are counterfeit spirits that comes in to usurp and deceive.   So the bible says to test the spirits.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

59 minutes ago, COGTHW said:

In the name of Jesus only, or the name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit? Do you believe that Jesus is the name of all 3? Are you united pentecostal church denomination?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, COGTHW said:

Just so any readers are confused, to say that you need baptism to be saved is to say that Jesus is not enough to save you. It goes against what the bible says.