IGNORED

Under the law

Remnantrob

Guest Teditis

I think that a bit of a twist to the context... that was speaking of peoples immigrating to ancient Israel.

Speaking to the fairness of which they were to impart to foreigners.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Teditis said:

I think that a bit of a twist to the context... that was speaking of peoples immigrating to ancient Israel.

Speaking to the fairness of which they were to impart to foreigners.

And again! Did Paul not say that we are grafted in to Israel?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Truth Seeker said:

And again! Did Paul not say that we are grafted in to Israel?

And that of course is in relationship to the Church, which is not under Law but under Grace.  

It gets pretty tiresome when people can't (or won't) understand the difference between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant.

6 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I don't understand why folks who are under the Law and all the OT ordinances and feast observances don't still do animal sacrifices????

Because they are playing games (primarily with themselves). On one hand they claim they are Torah observant.  On the other hand they make excuses for being unable to be Torah observant. But according to the Torah IT IS ALL OR NOTHING.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Awfully condescending remarks there. 

I don't understand why modern Christianity in America fights so hard against God's laws. You tell people not to sin but you have no specifics about what sin is and what is not sin. It is confusing to me so imagine how it looks to the lost. It is no wonder that Christianity is dying!

And YES I do understand the old and new covenants.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

22 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I don't understand why folks who are under the Law and all the OT ordinances and feast observances don't still do animal sacrifices????

Because they are playing games (primarily with themselves). On one hand they claim they are Torah observant.  On the other hand they make excuses for being unable to be Torah observant. But according to the Torah IT IS ALL OR NOTHING.                                           Ezra

How are these statements condescending? It is the TRuth,if one is going to abide by the Law,the WHOLE Law & observe the Torah,it is indeed ALL or NOTHING,

King James Bible
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
James 2:10

Scripture gives as a law, to love our neighbour as ourselves. This law is a royal law, it comes from the King of kings; and if Christians act unjustly, they are convicted by the law as transgressors. To think that our good deeds will atone for our bad deeds, plainly puts us upon looking for another atonement. According to the covenant of works, one breach of any one command brings a man under condemnation, from which no obedience, past, present, or future, can deliver him. This shows us the happiness of those that are in Christ. We may serve him without slavish fear. God's restraints are not a bondage, but our own corruptions are so. The doom passed upon impenitent sinners at last, will be judgment without mercy. But God deems it his glory and joy, to pardon and bless those who might justly be condemned at his tribunal; and his grace teaches those who partake of his mercy, to copy it in their conduct.    Matthew Henry Commentary

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Oh,I forgot to mention that it is Good News for the "lost",the seeker,the unbeliever,the babes in Christ & anyone who does not YET have Wisdom & Understanding .....

Simply put all your Trust in God,He Renews the mind,He Reveals His Word,Him Self,He Writes His Word on the Heart,the renewed heart.......these are not things that are confusing,troubling,fearsome........our Precious Lord & Savior has not left us to ,figure these things out for ourselves & He has covered all of our sins,eradicated them from even His Own Remembrance(past ,present & future) that we may be Spotless & Worthy in our Fathers Eyes......His Spirit,Holy Spirit comes to Council,Teach,Guide & Show us what is beyond even our own understanding....................

Proverbs 3:5-6New International Version (NIV)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.[a]

Christianity is not dying,God is pouring out His Holy Spirit like never before!!!!! It is indeed,the Good News!! THe KIngdom of God is at hand!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

15 hours ago, Truth Seeker said:

You tell people not to sin but you have no specifics about what sin is and what is not sin

Let's be really honest about this.  There is not one grown adult in the world who does not know what sin is, what evil is, what lawlessness is, what anarchy is.  Everyone knows the difference between good and evil. In the western world, probably everyone has heard about the Ten Commandments, or seen the movie with Charlton Heston as Moses (probably worldwide).  What people do with it is another matter.

16 hours ago, Truth Seeker said:

It is no wonder that Christianity is dying!

False Christianity (or Pseudo-Christianity) may be dying, but not Bible Christianity.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.91

Ezra, I could not  agree with you more! Absolutely true its just that people deny they know.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

10 hours ago, Ezra said:

Let's be really honest about this.  There is not one grown adult in the world who does not know what sin is, what evil is, what lawlessness is, what anarchy is.  Everyone knows the difference between good and evil. In the western world, probably everyone has heard about the Ten Commandments, or seen the movie with Charlton Heston as Moses (probably worldwide).  What people do with it is another matter.

I would disagree only because I think you have to differentiate between sin and morality.  Even sin between the 3 major religions is not totally agreed upon.  For example in islam drinking alcohol is sin but in christianity drunkeness is generally considered the sin.  You'd be surprised at the amount of people who are ignorant of the 10 commandments.  I mean I've seen surveys where people believe Joan of Arc was Noah's wife.  And "christians" who believe the statement God helps those who help themselves is a text in the bible.