• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The Palestine Liberation Organization, the P.A.'s parent group, said it's considering suing Great Britain for [the issuance of the the Balfour Declaration] nearly a century ago on November 2, 1917.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/israel/2016/november/p-a-balfour-declaration-mark-of-cain-on-humanity

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

What a hooey. 

Won't they ever realize that when you lose a war you lose the rights as to how a land will be divided up.

I would find out the history of these things before passing judgement. The British promised the Arabs much to get their support in fighting the Ottoman empire.  Then the reneged on their promises as they did with the Jewish inhabitants of the land. In fact they promise both the Arabs and the Israelis the samrething in both world wars, but at the end of the second one Egland was just about spent and had to walk away from it's holding. They tried to hold off on allowing many of the Jews to return to Palestine as depicted by the movie Exodus .

I read the book "The History of Zionism" and it documents several occurances of this type of behavior. Alass, I lost the book before I finished it, but it shows you that The Nazis weren't the only people to look down on the Jewish community. I would be willing to bet, if England would have been in the position they were in at the close of WWI, at the end of WWII, the state of Israel would not have been born out of the UN.

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I don't deny England has been a little two faced in the matter of modern Israel.The Jews have been kicked around at least since 130AD. If England or the UN or Truman had dropped the ball, someone else would have picked it up because Israel's reconstitution was foretold by the OT Prophets. 

But my point was..." Won't they (Palestinians) ever realize that when you lose a war you lose the rights as to how a land will be divided up."

The Palestinians lost what war? If you mean WWI they weren't around as a sovereign nation aat that time. They were apart of the Ottoman Empire which was based in Turkey.  Whose to say that they didn't revolt against the empire over the promises of independence and fight on the side of the allies against the Ottoman Turks.  The ottoman Empire had it's Capital in Constantinople, Turkey.

12 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Well we can start with the Arabs attacking Israel in 1948 a day after their independence and they lost land big time when they attacked in 1967. Remember, the Palestinians are Arabs.

That was another war. That is why I asked you which war you were referencing. As far as I'm concerned, the Israelis should have been able to keep every bit of Arab land that they took during all the wars they fought  from 1948 until today.

59 minutes ago, Yowm said:

So we are back to my first point..."Won't they ever realize that when you lose a war you lose the rights as to how a land will be divided up."

Not if we are talking about the topic at hand. The topic was about the state lines that were drawn out even before the Ottoman Empire ended. You brought up a totally different war which happened some 30 years after that.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/the-balfour-declaration

I think you are categorizing Arabs from Palestine with those of The Ottoman Empire who are not the same. That's like saying the Americans of the Northern states lost the civil war because the Americans of the Southern states were defeated.  Both sides were Americans no matter what happened or ddn't happen, but the country that controlled the area of the South ceased to exist.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

4 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

Not if we are talking about the topic at hand. The topic was about the state lines that were drawn out even before the Ottoman Empire ended. You brought up a totally different war which happened some 30 years after that.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/the-balfour-declaration

I think you are categorizing Arabs from Palestine with those of The Ottoman Empire who are not the same. That's like saying the Americans of the Northern states lost the civil war because the Americans of the Southern states were defeated.  Both sides were Americans no matter what happened or ddn't happen, but the country that controlled the area of the South ceased to exist.

The people who call themselves "Palestinians" were not necessarily the Arabs who were living in what-is-now Israel. Yassar Arafat, for example, was an Egyptian! 

Besides, what the Palestinians are crying foul against was not unfair borders but rather that the Jews were given land at all! They don't care about the Syria-Jordan-Lebanon-etc. borders. They hate that a plot of land was given to the Jews to create Israel. That is what they are wanting to sue over.

4 hours ago, nebula said:

The people who call themselves "Palestinians" were not necessarily the Arabs who were living in what-is-now Israel. Yassar Arafat, for example, was an Egyptian! 

Besides, what the Palestinians are crying foul against was not unfair borders but rather that the Jews were given land at all! They don't care about the Syria-Jordan-Lebanon-etc. borders. They hate that a plot of land was given to the Jews to create Israel. That is what they are wanting to sue over.

They can sue all they want to. The UN gave Israel that land and that is why they want to sue. What man gives they can take away.

I wished that Israel would have taken back the land before all this started and there would be no presidence for the Palestinians to do anything except load up their U hauls. This is all political and what will probably happen is the week willed countries will go after Israel for concessions so they won't have to deal with the whining.  I just hope there is a president in the White house that will back Israel, because she will need it.  I have absolutely no faith in Hillary doing anything but enriching herself and her friends.

I will pray for Israel, the US and the rest of the world.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 11/5/2016 at 6:57 AM, nebula said:

The Palestine Liberation Organization, the P.A.'s parent group, said it's considering suing Great Britain for [the issuance of the the Balfour Declaration] nearly a century ago on November 2, 1917.

The PLO won't get any results. And by now they should have reconciled themselves to Israel and moved on. Instead Iran keeps the pot boiling by funding and supplying Hamas and Hezbollah with arms and hatred. Iran wants to control the entire region, and has received billions from Obama to further their plans.