missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Do you think that these verses tell us that there will be a lot of dissension and division in families in the end times? Are you experiencing that?

Luke 12: 51-53  Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. 52 For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three. 53 Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”

Matthew 10:35-37 For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’[a] 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Do you think that these verses tell us that there will be a lot of dissension and division in families in the end times?

This Scripture is not just for the end times.  It has been applicable ever since Christ was on earth.  There are other Scriptures which tell us that there will be more ungodliness in the end times (including conflict between parents and children).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

It's happening now.

It was written in scripture that it would be as such on judgment day.

Luke 17:34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

Matthew 24:40  Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BacKaran

I agree, it happened in ancient history and is still ongoing today.

My Roman Catholic siblings and friends have ostracized me since they found out I left the rcc and was born again. Scriptures comforts me knowing that Jesus has told us before hand what to expect when we are saved.

My suffering doesn't compare to our brothers and sisters being tortured and killed and I pray that I endure like them when my time comes.

God is good all the time!?

It has been a problem throughout history but I see division in families being more of a problem today.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

You question can be answered in the following scripture, informing us on how people will be "in the last days".  Not traits to keep a family together.

2 Timothy 3:1-5a

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

On 11/5/2016 at 0:23 PM, Ezra said:

This Scripture is not just for the end times.  It has been applicable ever since Christ was on earth.  There are other Scriptures which tell us that there will be more ungodliness in the end times (including conflict between parents and children).

There are also promises that their hearts will be turned back to each other.  But my in laws served the pursuit of riches, and while there was some respect that religion was OK for us, and my recognizing that they were doing the best they knew how to do without God in their lives,   we were pretty much rejected by them.  

14 minutes ago, Willa said:

There are also promises that their hearts will be turned back to each other.  But my in laws served the pursuit of riches, and while there was some respect that religion was OK for us, and my recognizing that they were doing the best they knew how to do without God in their lives,   we were pretty much rejected by them.  

Where is Scripture that says their heart will be turned back to each other?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

49 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Where is Scripture that says their heart will be turned back to each other?

That would be in Malachi, but applicable to Israel. For Christians, Matthew 24:10 would fit.

And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Mal 4:5  "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes.

Mal 4:6  And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction."

Speaking of John the Baptist:

Luk 1:16  And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God,

Luk 1:17  and he will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready for the Lord a people prepared."