• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,775
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Abby-Joy said:

That may have been me...? I posted one on my profile page.  Yeah, this guy has extensively looked into all the fracking that's being done... and you can see how that they're strategically placing them along the critical zones to cause disturbance between the plates and cause earthquakes... 

Oh how wonderful their trying to get me home :thumbsup: 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,775
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Who needs ruby slippers .... al ya need is money hungry oil companies :101: 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

That may have been me...? I posted one on my profile page.  Yeah, this guy has extensively looked into all the fracking that's being done... and you can see how that they're strategically placing them along the critical zones to cause disturbance between the plates and cause earthquakes... 

Abby, those just happen to be the areas that you find the oil and especially natural gas.....   they are doing to to cause disturbance between the plates to cause problems,,,,  they are just going to where the oil and gas is to take it out of the ground.....   and they try and put the waste water back in the same basin where it will push the oil up so more can be recovered....    they are just doing it way too fast with too much pressure to be safe.....   it's not a conspiracy to ruin things.....   it's to make money.

There are no laws in Oklahoma concerning these wells but the oil industry is working bending over backwards with our State corporation commission and coordination the information so slow down or stop the large quakes.  Everyone including the oil industry knows we can't keep this up.   Oklahoma has always had a lot of quakes in the .5 to 1.5 range which are much too small for anyone to feel.

BTW for everyone, it is not the fracking that is causing the problems with the quakes over 1.5, it is the high pressure injection wells that pump the salt water that comes out with the oil and the gas when being removed from the ground.....    The frack water itself is not that much of a problem for there really isn't that much of it to dispose of....    All of it is rather toxic and that's why it's not dealt with above ground.  It's rather nasty stuff, but then again so is crude oil.

Arkansas was having a lot of earthquakes north of Little Rock for a while and they shut down most of the injection wells where the quakes were located and the quakes stopped.....   then the next year we started having them down here....    makes me wonder if they were not shipping the disposal water over here to be disposed of, but I don't know that.   Maybe just a coincidence but I doubt it.

One thing about it all is that we have discovered faults that we did not know existed in our state....   This actually might end up some day as a good thing when the New Madrid Fault decides to let to again.....   underground faults here will have moved and let their built up tensions go.

I don't think the city of Cushing would agree with me tonight though LoL.

BTW in case you all  don't know it, most of the major oil pipelines converge on Cushing and it is a huge storage place for the oil to collect and then fed to the refineries in Texas and East of there....     We have literally millions of barrels of oil here all the time for it's buffered here so the refineries can be fed as they need it and not stored on the coast...    In the late 60's and all the 70's when the cold war was at it's highest that little town was a USSR first strike nuclear target....   it's that important.