another earthquake

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well we had another one tonight.....   I've heard 5.0 and 5.3 and some places recorded it as high as a 6..0 near Cushing Oklahoma.

We are about 40 miles away from the center of it and it shook the house for about a half a minute.....    seismographs recorded movement for nearly two hours.      We're getting kind of tired of all this.    Damage in the town close to the center and it's very close to a huge tank battery with millions of gallons of oil stored there....    also most of the cross country pipelines cross there and the danger of underground problems is possible.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Yea I cant imagine going through this as much as yall do. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

problem is what are we going to do with all the waste water....   there is no way of it not coming up with the production of the oil and gas...  if we stop the oil and gas production the states economy will collapse.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

4 hours ago, other one said:

problem is what are we going to do with all the waste water....   there is no way of it not coming up with the production of the oil and gas...  if we stop the oil and gas production the states economy will collapse.

I see that you live in Oklahoma also. My wife and I have lived in Oklahoma all of our lives, but we recently moved North, closer to the source of all the earthquakes. We've lived in our new place about two months and have already gone through two earthquakes over 5 on the scale. I'm still trying to learn more about the association between the oil industry and earthquakes. It appears that the frequency and intensity of the earthquakes is going up, and the oil industry appears to be the primary cause. I like the oil industry, but I think they have no choice but to start getting things under control. This Cushing quake could have been a much larger disaster than it was.

We live in shawnee,  and the first 5.6 was about 15 to 20 miles north of us.  It cracked almost all our walls and broke our sewer line.  I was in the shower and it bounced me up and down off the tub for over a minute and kept moving around for another.  Scared the daylights out of us.   I really thought the house would collapse.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  537
  • Content Count:  32,648
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  217
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

praying for yo OO and others in the area

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

4 hours ago, other one said:

We live in shawnee,  and the first 5.6 was about 15 to 20 miles north of us.  It cracked almost all our walls and broke our sewer line.  I was in the shower and it bounced me up and down off the tub for over a minute and kept moving around for another.  Scared the daylights out of us.   I really thought the house would collapse.

That would be enough to scare anyone. We were lucky with that one and just had some things shake off the fireplace mantle onto the floor. We're thinking about getting earthquake insurance if we can afford it.

Just now, nChrist said:

That would be enough to scare anyone. We were lucky with that one and just had some things shake off the fireplace mantle onto the floor. We're thinking about getting earthquake insurance if we can afford it.

We have had earthquake insurance for years...     when we picked it up it didn't cost much of anything extra....    it does have some pretty steep deductibles...   ours less than most new policies.   We had people in our church that lost their houses in that first 5.7 and it would have been really good for them.....    but 6 or 7 years ago when I talked about it people told me I was nuts...

Guest BacKaran

Oh my! Someone posted an earthquake link site and I totally unaware of how massive these oil farms are!

I know there are tons of refineries in the east and south but wow! 

I needed to study up on fracking and pray for a all who are affected by thesquakese.

Please keep us informed!

Praying

Karan