Ocd help?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So I have religious ocd, and lately it's been really bad. I have bad thoughts constantly, and they never seem to stop.

one of my worst fears is an impure heart. I know you have to have a pure thought to be let into Heaven, and I fear that my heart may be impure because of these intrusive thoughts. I'm constantly going over prayers and making sure they're perfect. And I've been a mess. I constantly go over everything I do, to make sure I did everything perfect, and I go over everything to make sure I didn't sin, or have an bad thoughts. 

I've been saved twice, here recently I was saved. I go over forgiveness prayers, but I still don't feel forgiven. 

Is there any hope for me? I just want to know I'm going to Heaven.   

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

22 hours ago, Ggm123 said:

So I have religious ocd, and lately it's been really bad. I have bad thoughts constantly, and they never seem to stop.

one of my worst fears is an impure heart. I know you have to have a pure thought to be let into Heaven, and I fear that my heart may be impure because of these intrusive thoughts. I'm constantly going over prayers and making sure they're perfect. And I've been a mess. I constantly go over everything I do, to make sure I did everything perfect, and I go over everything to make sure I didn't sin, or have an bad thoughts. 

I've been saved twice, here recently I was saved. I go over forgiveness prayers, but I still don't feel forgiven. 

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved, The LORD God Almighty Adores You

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 (English Standard Version)

Hope In His Eternal Words

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (New Living Translation)

Thrust Jesus

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10 (New International Version)

Trust

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 (King James Bible)

~

Be blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

Guest Teditis
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 9:11 AM, Ggm123 said:

They make good medicines nowadays for OCD... Latuda is a good for obsessive thinking.

Maybe you could get to a Psychologist who can give you an evaluation and then recommend

you to a good Psychiatrist for the meds... God does heal us and sometimes He uses doctors to

fulfill His desires for us. God will be with you as you work with the doctors, so give the Glory

to Him alone!!

Edited by Teditis

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Ggm

Welcome to Worthy.......glad you are here but I'm a little confused,perhaps you will be kind enough to clarify some things,it would be appreciated

The Seekers Lounge is reserved for unbelievers,seekers & guest to talk to us & ask us questions about our Faith but you said you were "Saved" twice......I don't understand who may have told you that you need to get Saved a second time because Christ died for you ONCE for all sin?

King James Bible
If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Hebrews 6:6

So are you saying you believe you were Saved ,fell away and then asked Jesus to be crucified again or something like that,makes no sense to me? I guess what I am asking is are you a Christian or not?Also,what do you mean by "religious ocd?''I don't even know how to answer your questions because I don't really know what you are talking about....I would like to understand ,I want nothing more than  to offer you help,encouragement,support & love.....always pointing to Jesus!

Whatever your issues,whatever ails you there is a cure....JESUS,when you hang your flesh on the cross & surrender yourself to Christ Jesus is when HE comers to LIVE IN you.....if,with a repentant willing & sincere heart you have come to the foot of the cross then "it is finished" you Receive the Grace of God when you accept Jesus as your Lord & Savior.....now just because you may have put Him on "ignore" does not mean He has vacated His Blood bought Property....YOU!!! THere must come a Renewing of the mind and this "transformation" does not usually come by "poof" you are Super Christian Guy.....it comes by that Intimate personal Relationship you have with our Living Redeemer......this takes some time getting to know HIM,through His Word,prayer,worship,praise but with forsaking "self"......SELF is what hinders you from attaining the Heart & Mind of Jesus by the Power of Holy Spirit

It seems you are hoping to be "good enough" or somehow by your own efforts to be pleasing & acceptable to our Heavenly Father......it only through your Faith in Jesus Finished work on the cross that He has done it ALL,His Blood is what makes YOU blameless,sinless,without spot ,stain ,wrinkle or blemish...pleasing in the sight of God,Worthy,Holy    I think you may need to simply "get out of the way",go back to the Book of John,read Gods Love letter addressed to YOU,Receive his Love & learn WHO you ARE in Christ Jesus   You,my friend,in the flesh can never meet all those qualifications,your carnality is flawed,corruptible,decaying,we all are in the flesh....it is you in spirit that dorn the guarantee Seal of Redemption,but by walking IN Spirit & in TRUTH  you can live a life more abundant Receiving Gods Blessed Assurances with all Peace,Joy & Comfort                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Hi, welcome!

I think we have spoken before but in case we haven't, I have OCD, part religious OCD.  Prozac really helps me.  God knows it's a mental disorder, you're not going to hell.      

Kwik, I don't know how to explain it but for me religious OCD looked like me uncontrollably praying for bad things to happen (such as people dying) even though I didn't want the people dead.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

On 11/8/2016 at 8:11 AM, Ggm123 said:

The Lord is concerned with a changed heart. A changed heart will still sin, will still produce unwanted and sinful thoughts, but it will not desire them, not be okay with them, and will fight them. You being here and making this post shows some evidence of a changed heart. You are not okay with being a sinner...but we all are sinners. Paul struggled continually with sin even as he did his work as the greatest evangelist who ever lived (aside from Jesus).

Ask God daily to cleanse your heart and mind. Ask him to reveal to you areas of your life you need to make changes in; things you need to stop consuming or doing, people you need to stop hanging out with. You need to build good habits in your life and heart. As my pastor recently said, emotion usually follows motion. Keep in mind that the transformation of the believer is a process that happens over a lifetime; you will not be an unrepentant sinner one second, pray a prayer, and be instantly transformed into some holy super hero. Rest in the peace knowing that God has redeemed you if you have truly repented and make every effort to follow Him. God grades for sincerity and effort, not success, because none of us can succeed perfectly.

God knows your every thought and your heart. If at the core of your being you are truly changed, truly seeking him, truly repenting, truly asking for forgiveness and aid to change, He knows that, even if you lose sight of it yourself at times.

God bless, rest in His power and grace!

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Correct, what my sister Kwik said.  Seekers Lounge is for unbelievers and I thought you said you were saved.  I"m not sure what you mean by religious OCD.  

God can and will make you complete  trust Him, get into His Word, and get into a church that teaches the Bible. Only God can do the healing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 11/8/2016 at 6:11 AM, Ggm123 said:

Religious OCD? You may just have OCD. Are you a born again believer in Jesus Christ? All you need to do to get into heaven is ask Jesus Christ into your heart and life. Ask for forgiveness. If you have done this you will go to heaven. Your doubt also may be due to your OCD and also Satan harassing you. If you are a Christian you need to give this to God and pray about this a lot. I hope you have seen a therapist regarding this OCD. There are many in our world with OCD but they may not even know they have it. When it interferes with your everyday life it is time to get some help.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/31/1951

On 11/8/2016 at 4:11 PM, Ggm123 said:

Hi there, I just want to ask you a few questions and you decide if you want to answer me.

Who told you about the dangers of having an "impure heart"? Who told you that you must have a "pure thought" to be let into heaven? When did these "intrusive thoughts" start? Lastly, where did you learn that prayers have to be perfect?

I really want to help you but the next step is yours. PM me if you really want help, and by the way... being forgiven and saved is not that hard unless you cannot forgive yourself.

Let me know and God bless you