Sign in to follow this  
noone

Animals used for sport

On 18/11/2016 at 10:48 AM, noone said:

Re: Proverbs 12:10, how can you say you have regard for the life of an animal if you cast demons into it or kill it, such as Jesus casting demons into pigs or ordering his disciples to prepare the Passover (which presumably involves them killing a lamb)?  

Hi noone

On 11/16/2016 at 8:51 AM, kwikphilly said:

Obviously all Gods creature are precious to Him & should be important to us as well......they have been entrusted to our care                        Love<Kwik

Re: Proverbs 12:10, how can you say you have regard for the life of an animal if you cast demons into it or kill it, such as Jesus casting demons into pigs or ordering his disciples to prepare the Passover (which presumably involves them killing a lamb)?                            noone

I'm not really sure what you are saying by referencing this verse of Scripture? Perhaps you wouldn't mind clarifying your intention for me,I would appreciate that as I prefer not to ASSUME what you are saying or asking

I will say this ,however......the animals are indeed precious in the Sight of the Lord,He gave them the breathe of life as well & created them ,they are one of His Creatures.......& in regard to this He uses His Consideration of His Creature to show us how much MORE He cares for us,we are His MOST precious & loved of all,made in His own likeness....He never tells us to regard animals as humans or that we must  LOVE them,He tells us to love one another

King James Bible
Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.     Matthew 10:31

Matthew 6:26
Look at the birds of the air: They do not sow or reap or gather into barns--and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Matthew 12:12
How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."

People are much MORE valuable than animals in Gods Eyes & therefore,rather than the demons possessing a person Jesus cast them out & into pigs     Lambs were prepared for Sacrifice humanely,they were killed swiftly without pain inflicted or abuse                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

Hi Emdie

No hackamore,I know it's very blurry....most of my photos were lost(hundreds):12:.....just a regular Western bit with a small shank & low port with a curb.....that was Carousel(pet name not his registered name)He was an Intl Grand Champion 16 hand NQHA   mostly used a snaffle or nothing,no bridle at all-lol   He was great with leg only:emot-heartbeat:   Maybe we should start a Horsey Thread instead of de-raling this one,,,,,,apologies to everyone,we horse folks have trouble "resisting"

32 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi Emdie

No hackamore,I know it's very blurry....most of my photos were lost(hundreds):12:.....just a regular Western bit with a small shank & low port with a curb.....that was Carousel(pet name not his registered name)He was an Intl Grand Champion 16 hand NQHA   mostly used a snaffle or nothing,no bridle at all-lol   He was great with leg only:emot-heartbeat:   Maybe we should start a Horsey Thread instead of de-raling this one,,,,,,apologies to everyone,we horse folks have trouble "resisting"

Cool, I should start a thread called 'Great Equines of the Bible', maybe in a top 10 formula that is so popular these days.

1. Would have to be the donkey Christ used to ride into Jerusalem, a humble beast of burden used to carry the King of Kings :)

2. The donkey Mary rode when she was heavily pregnant with our Saviour, I had to assume she rode a humble beast as it was about 90 miles from Nazareth to Bethlehem.

I can only say that it would change the message somewhat if Jesus had rode in on a 16h black Arabian steed with flashing eyes and flared nostrils.... just as the old men of the temple assumed He would be arriving, but instead he chose the oft overlooked donkey. I think the Arabian would have been very stylish and impressive, but the Son of God doesn't need that kind of attention and hubris in my opinion. 

Can you think of any more horses in the Bible? I'm a bit stuck, as I said it for a joke then took myself seriously and that's something I usually avoid at all costs. 

Blessings noone

I thought you might like a commentary  I read in regards to Proverbs !2:10

King James Bible
A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Commentary

Matthew Henry Commentary
12:10. A godly man would not put even an animal to needless pain. But the wicked often speak of others as well used, when they would not endure like treatment for a single day. 11. It is men's wisdom to mind their business, and follow an honest calling. But it is folly to neglect business; and the grace of God teaches men to disdain nothing but sin. 12. When the ungodly see others prosper by sin, they wish they could act in the same way. But the root of Divine grace, in the heart of the righteous, produces other desires and purposes. 13. Many a man has paid dear in this world for the transgression of his lips.

6 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi noone

I'm not really sure what you are saying by referencing this verse of Scripture? Perhaps you wouldn't mind clarifying your intention for me,I would appreciate that as I prefer not to ASSUME what you are saying or asking

I will say this ,however......the animals are indeed precious in the Sight of the Lord,He gave them the breathe of life as well & created them ,they are one of His Creatures.......& in regard to this He uses His Consideration of His Creature to show us how much MORE He cares for us,we are His MOST precious & loved of all,made in His own likeness....He never tells us to regard animals as humans or that we must  LOVE them,He tells us to love one another

People are much MORE valuable than animals in Gods Eyes & therefore,rather than the demons possessing a person Jesus cast them out & into pigs     Lambs were prepared for Sacrifice humanely,they were killed swiftly without pain inflicted or abuse                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal, But even the compassion of the wicked is cruel."

After looking at it more, I see that the word be·hem·tov translated “of his animal” in NASB doesn’t seem to pertain to wild animals or other people’s animals, only to animals you own.   And since these pigs do not belong to Jesus anyway, Proverbs 12:10 doesn’t really apply.   Causing harm to someone else’s animals would be different issue so I don’t want to complicate it.   Like you said, it is an emergency, but after the pigs run off the cliff and drown, can’t the demons just go back into the guy who was possessed anyway?     

The lamb still applies because presumably, the disciples bought or were given the lamb and owned it before they killed it.  The question is: how is “having regard for the life of one’s animal” compatible with “killing one's animal for one’s own purposes” such as to eat it (even if that killing is done as quickly and painlessly as possible)?   Just saying “God allows us to eat animals" or "the killing is done as quickly as possible” doesn’t answer how those two things go together: 1. “having regard for the life of your animal” and 2. “killing your animal for your own purposes”.

A good example of having regard for the life an animal is the regard that we have for our pet animals in the modern world, which are commonly dogs and cats but can be of many types, including lambs.   Normally we don’t kill our pets for their meat or hides and hopefully, we only kill them by euthanization if it benefits them, such as when they are already dying slowly of a painful disease or injury.    

By the logic I seem to be hearing, we can kill, butcher and eat our healthy household pets as long as they are “killed swiftly, without pain inflicted or abuse” and apparently, this would be consistent with being "righteous"  and having "regard for the life of our animals”.   What I am suggesting is that Jesus does not regard the life of the lamb he orders to be killed, and as evidence I cite that he orders it to be killed.   Similarly, we do not regard the lives of the 150 billion animals that we have slaughtered annually, as evidenced by the fact that we have them slaughtered.  It is understandable that we don't have any regard for their lives though, considering that it is often not easy to regard the lives of people that we know, let alone the lives of animals that we don’t know.

Edited by noone

Hiya noone!

That's right,it isn't very complicated....you got it! And as far as the demons going back into the man...."nope",they could not because of Jesus Authority,it is like when a demon is "bound" & cast out,my His Authority Plus they go about like a lion seeking who they will/can devour,like any other predator,the devil is an opportunist

I understand what you are saying & especially as a vegan,I am not a vegan,not even a vegatarian......that is right,I am carnivorous-lol(just kidding with you)     I respect where you are coming from & honestly speaking I don't believe it was Gods Intention that we EAT animals or use their hides for coverings...these things came about after mans fall in the Garden of Eden   I don't want to get too deep into things but God puts things in Perfect Order,we screw them up & He then makes Allowances because of His Mercy & Compassion for us.......

What I was really hoping to express to you is the fact is not that God has little or no regard for animals,what is important is that He has such a high regard for us(humans) ...ABOVE the animals     Man had everything he could ever want or need in the beginning,there was no killing,no sacrifice,no shedding of Blood.....man did not just mess everything up for himself but all living things.......God really has nothing to do with how man has caused things to turn out,the world that was in Perfect harmony became a corrupt,dying & sinful place 

I do know what you mean about the slaughtering of animals & I certainly do not do my part to make it any different,not that I could or would but the fact is I do not......men are in it for money,is not most of what people do for profit or gain? But that does not mean that God frowns upon the eating of animals,He made Allowances that does not forbid it & also He required a Blood Sacrifice.....Life is in the Blood,it really all points to Jesus....the day Adam sinned we can clearly see all the similarities & parallels to the Promise of the Seed to come                           With love-in Christ,Kwik                 

Hi again noone

You sound familiar with the Bible .....can you tell me a bit about yourself,why you are considered a nonbeliever?I do not think you are an Atheist or Agnostic,it seems you know God exists & believe in a historical Jesus........may I ask ?                                                   With love-in Christ,Kwik

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi again noone

You sound familiar with the Bible .....can you tell me a bit about yourself,why you are considered a nonbeliever?I do not think you are an Atheist or Agnostic,it seems you know God exists & believe in a historical Jesus........may I ask ?                                                   With love-in Christ,Kwik

I'm an atheist (but not a materialist) and also do not believe in a historical Jesus.  

Edited by noone

Hi again noone!...

Thanks for answering my question,I would love to know more......how it is that you became vegan? What changed or were your parents vegan....? So then you do not believe there ever was a person named Jesus ? Why are you interested in what the Word of God says since you do not believe He exists & also,why question the things Jesus did,if he never existed it is like asking why Snow White decide to be-friend the 7 dwarfs,right?        

I'm very interested to know more about you,of course as a Believer I am very concerned about you and since you have come to talk with us it is the whole Purpose of this Ministry,your Eternity is top priority!!!                                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

BTW,what brought you here to u9s?