• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1967

Here's my reasoning:

Do you buy flowers for your wife because you HAVE to, or because you WANT to? The act of buying flowers is the result of loving her, just as works are the result of loving God because you want to by recognizing the amazing FREE gift he has given us--a gift that we did not have to earn or strive for. Simply take God at His word as Abraham did, and it was credited to him as righteousness. 

When you work to earn God's approval, you think then, that you deserve a "wage" and shoots grace in the foot, elevating your deeds above God's grace and forgiveness. It basically Sonship versus an orphan spirit. A son knows he's loved for who he is and who his father is. An orphan believes he has to fend for himself, and his acceptance is based on what he does. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,826
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Have you ever wondered over the simplicity of the Gospel?  It that the perfect God sent His perfect Son to die on our place and rescue us from eternal damnation, and bring us into right standing with Himself.  And He empowers us by Holy Spirit to live for Him. 

Abby-joy, I was very surprise to read the above statement, as I read it , I see my self just about in the same line of thinking,  I keep saying to my self that we are saved from the world below, and we are his own now and will be with him forever, and that's the good and most important news of the Gospel. .

It was the time that when I visited different churches, people would asked me, are you saved? And I would reply, you watch me sing songs of praise to Jesus , and what do you say, can you not tell if I am saved or not. .

Why would I sing to him, songs of praise if I do not believe in him, 

Have you ever wondered about the scriptures that tells how there will be many on that day who will say, "Lord, I've done all these things in Your name!"  ...and He will say, "Depart from Me, you who work iniquity... for I never KNEW you."  Thinking they could get in by their works... they left out the most important .... love  .... just to love Him, and to know Him. :emot-heartbeat: 

Jesus is telling us that many in the ministry will be tempted to do works of iniquity, I am not sure what he exactly means, and if the ministers had knowledge of that , because they seemed surprised. Never the less,

Jesus is telling them that he is not identifying with their iniquity, and when he tried to correct them they did not listen to him, they love him, but they also loved their iniquity more, just as it happen in some of the churches in the book of revelation .

Jesus is not telling them that he sends them to Hell, but that they are living not in his will, that they claim to be in his light, but that the light they have is actually darkness compare to what he has for them. 

Jesus is telling us to be careful and be motivated by love, and watch our doings not to lead us in works of iniquities, those people are saved, they believe in him, they call him Lord, only they had follow their own will, that lead them to do works of iniquities at the same time, as they contacted their ministries . we need also to be careful not to let those people take us under their wings, of protection and their blessings . thus they make us their sheep and take us away from the Holy Spirit, becoming the holy spirit to us. 

When Jesus was asked, "What must we do to work the works of God?"  ...our Lord said, "The work of God is to believe on Him who He has sent..

Many times I keep wandering why Jesus gave this answer to them, I think that Jesus gave them more than one answer than they asked for, he told them that God wanted them to believe in him, and when they believe in him then they will do the works of God, and we see that later on that the disciples who believe in him did the works of God, (one of them was healing the sick ), those people were inquiring as to how Jesus is doing the works of God, and wanted to know how God gave him that power, what is his secret, perhaps they wanted to know Jesus secret, and if they do what he did they can also do the works of God, and heal the sick , and these people also had wittness his disciples doing the works of God, healing the sick, and wanted to know how about them , why not them doing the works of God,  Jesus told them the truth, that at that time they had to believe in him, knowing later on after the Cross , when the same people believe in him, then in his name they will do the works of God and heal the sick. 

It all comes down to that ... on that day, when I see Him face to face ... it will be by the blood of Jesus alone ... not anything I have done ... not my giving, not my prayer life, not church attendance, holding a Bible study (all good things we do because we love God, and love others)  ... it will be His blood that saves me, and I will be eternally grateful!

I am thinking just about the same lines, if Jesus ask me, why I should I let you in the Heavens, I will say all the glory belongs to you, thank you for the cross , I have nothing else to offer. And if he test me and tell me, how about  if I sent you away to the world bellow because of this and that, then if I am allow to look him stray in his eyes, I will say to him without any fear or hesitation, and in full confidence that you can not do that, you do not have the authority to do that, you can not denied yourself , you can not undo your death on the cross, that's one of the two things you can not do, the other is you can not take someone to heaven no matter how good that person is, if that person has refuse to believe in you and is found with the denial in you at the time of his last breath. 

Let's make our purpose here to know Him... to love Him, and allow Him to know us.  Hold nothing back from Him... just be His child who He loves and see what happens.   The Gospel is simple, and we complicate it by overlooking the enormity of what He really did on the cross.  He did it all.... that's why He said, "It is finished." We can't add to it... He is enough. :emot-heartbeat:

How bewtifull are the feet of those who bring good news. And thanks for loving Jesus for his work on the Cross. This love not one can take it from you, not even those who want to include their good works together with their faith in him.

Very please to read your post 

God bless 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I agree with you, Emily ... and yet, it is our Father's good pleasure to bless His children.  I once had an experience ... whether a vision, or not, it's hard to explain ... but I saw myself as a child, in our Father's storehouse ... only, it was not a "house" ... I was there in this beautiful open meadow with gifts everywhere you looked ... like flowers ready to be picked ... the most beautifully wrapped gifts of pure translucent gold ... the child looked and there was our Lord standing with such love on His countenance, and one could see His joy and pleasure in seeing His child who He so loves, about to receive from Him... she looked and saw one gift and written on it, "mommy"  ... she knew it was hers ...she picked it up and her heart began to weep... she walked over to the Lord and placed it at His feet ... in giving Him her pain, she began to receive the healing her heart needed of a wound so so deep .... she turned and handed it to me ..... oh, what a time .... He has all we need, when we need it .... at the perfect time.... it is His good pleasure to bless His children .... all we have to "do" is receive.   :emot-heartbeat:

We love Him because He first loved us .... and when we love Him, we just want to please Him.  And His commandments are not grievous ...good works are the fruit of a heart that loves the Father.  And OH, how HE LOVES US!!!!  How can we help but love Him back?!  Look at all He has done... He loved us while we were still in the filth of our sin... He looked down through the ages and saw me and you... without a hope, except He would send His Son.   So... work for salvation, no ... our righteousness is as filthy rags, we could never merit rescue from eternal damnation... it is a gift  ...we are clothed in the righteousness of Christ, and HE ALONE is perfect .... so when our Heavenly Father looks on us, He sees the blood of Jesus and perfection of His Son... :emot-heartbeat:

You put that so beautifully Abby. Praise His glorious Name forever and ever! :emot-heartbeat: