• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys, 

I recently hosted a podcast talking about a "Works based gospel" which is false. Since we are saved by GRACE through FAITH, I wanted to dig into this false gospel. Here's a link to the episode if you want to listen: http://apologeticsevangelism.podbean.com/e/episode-010-the-works-based-gospel-exposed/?token=11370e41c312cb6ab59c6faf71719577

Question: What are some reasons you can give to debunk a "works based" salvation?

Thanks, I will include your answers in Part 2 of the podcast. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Apologetics Evangelism Guy said:

Question: What are some reasons you can give to debunk a "works based" salvation?

1. Works cannot atone for sins.

2. Works cannot cleanse a soul from the guilt and defilement of sin.

3. Works cannot make any man as perfect as God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Matt 25:31-46

31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 "And all the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? 38 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 'And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' 41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
NASB

When Jesus comes back and gathers all the nations and sorts people out for staying and those to go into the fire.....   what was he looking for in the people....

Good works....

Guest BacKaran

I am saved by Christs death on the cross to do good works.

Good works don't save me.

Born again Christians will receive commendations based on the works they did after being saved on earth.

Works based religions people will recieve condemnation for choosing not to be saved by Christ.

I may or may not be left behind after the rapture, it's up to God and for His glory.

?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

19 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

I am saved by Christs death on the cross to do good works.

Good works don't save me.

Born again Christians will receive commendations based on the works they did after being saved on earth.

Works based religions people will recieve condemnation for choosing not to be saved by Christ.

I may or may not be left behind after the rapture, it's up to God and for His glory.

?

doing good work may not save you but the scripture I posted certainly seems to be saying that if you don't do good works it may well send you to the fires....     

Guest BacKaran

Hi other one

The bible tells us that if we do good works it's because of the holy Spirit as man doesn't do good and isn't guild on his own.

If a person is saved and doesn't do good works, their heavenly rewards for the action they should have taken and didn't are like stubble but they will still be saved.

The bible says we will recieve rewards and I'm thankful for that but I am compelled to do good to be in obedience with Good and to please Him.

I understand what you mean.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  4,027
  • Content Per Day:  16.64

Ephesians 2:8-10New International Version (NIV)

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Cross references:

Ephesians 2:8 : S Ro 3:24

Ephesians 2:8 : ver 5

Ephesians 2:8 : S Ro 9:30

Ephesians 2:9 : Dt 9:5; Ro 4:2; 2Ti 1:9; Tit 3:5

Ephesians 2:9 : 1Co 1:29

Ephesians 2:10 : Isa 29:23; 43:7; 60:21

Ephesians 2:10 : Eph 4:24

Ephesians 2:10 : S Tit 2:14

New International Version (NIV)

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission.  All rights reserved worldwide.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  4,027
  • Content Per Day:  16.64

23 hours ago, other one said:

doing good work may not save you but the scripture I posted certainly seems to be saying that if you don't do good works it may well send you to the fires....     

I agree with the sentiment you're expressing which some may not fully understand.  But the thief on the cross didn't have time for any "good deeds".  His only good deed was his faith in Jesus and asking Jesus to remember him in the life to come.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

59 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I agree with the sentiment you're expressing which some may not fully understand.  But the thief on the cross didn't have time for any "good deeds".  His only good deed was his faith in Jesus and asking Jesus to remember him in the life to come.

Too right  :thumbsup:

Luke 23:43, And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/10/2016 at 5:55 PM, other one said:

When Jesus comes back

It is very strange for Jesus to make this kind of statement to the Jews who did not believe that he is the Christ to be. 

Certainly Jesus could not Judge anyone at that time, as within the context he is referring to, let alone to judge all nations. 

Jesus has not die yet, certainly he has not come back from the dead, he is not Glorified yet, and he is not sitted yet in the Throne of the one who was said, that every knee shall bow down, before the one who is sitted on the Throne.

The Jews who heard him must have moked him, and laughing in them self's , they must have thought that Jesus has no idea of what is coming to him, he has no idea that they plan to kill him, 

And Jesus by telling them that God will make him the Judge of all Nations,

(that every knee shall bow down before him),

Thats making himself the Christ and their Judge. 

The Jews did not know that Jesus knew that they plant to kill him.

Jesus knew that he will die in the hands of the Jews, Jesus knew that he will die in disgrace and dishonor , just like Esaias discrive him on chapter 53,

Jesus knew that the Jews he was talking to they will witness his death, and will say in them self's , we are done with him , he is finish.

Jesus knew about his resurrection, and his future Glory, so he said:

This is not the end of the Son of man, he is not going to finish when you put him to death, I am coming back from the dead, and God will exault me and Glorify me, the one you sent to Sheol, or Hades, God will raise him up, and give him the Throne in the Highest, and make him Judge of all.

Jesus knew what his future hold.

Another important element is this story is that it has nothing to do about "good works", " or of good works being able to Save someone from Hell. 

Jesus is not intent to show how someone is saved from Hell, not at all.

Jesus was speaking to the Jews who have not recognize him that he was their Lord God, " as David had proclaim that his Lord God will be the Christ, and that God will make him the Judge of all", that exactly what Jesus was saying, to those who plan to send him to Sheol. 

And that one Day when they will appear before him, it will be made known to them that he was their Lord God, but they have not believe in him when they met him here on earth, and they prosecute him, and they did not even give him water, when he ask for water on the Cross, 

Jesus also speaks of their unbelieve abd the prosecution to come from the Jews, that they will prosecute his children in time to come.

But one day in front of the Throne, they will know that Jesus was their Lord God, because they were looking to appear before their "Lord God" to judge them, but instant they will be taken before Jesus and told who Jesus was before he was born in Bethlehem. 

They call him "Lord" but that is after their death and too late, to be Saved, they are out of their body, after death.

Jesus is telling that this day of appearing before him, every one will know who he is. 

We have to be very cautious , in this story Jesus does not mention morality. 

And does not mention what about the bad works of the sheep, and the good works of the goats, 

After all the passover lamb was a lamb of sheep or of a goat.

How about the Attonment and the scape goats, were they not goats, and not sheep. 

Jesus is saying that those who have denying him as the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, 

And still depents on their good works with faith in God, or not faith in God, or faith in other Gods,

but not faith in him as the Christ are like the Jews of the past with the blood of the goats only, lost. 

Even if they try to imitate the good works of Jesus, but they do not believe in him as the Redeemer. 

and gathers all the nations and sorts people out for staying and those to go into the fire.....   what was he looking for in the people....

Good works....