Jump to content
Giller

The rapture

Your rapture view  

31 members have voted

  1. 1. Which is your rapture view

    • Pre trib rapture
    • mid trib rapture
    • post trib rapture
    • End of millenium rapture
    • No rapture


Recommended Posts

Though you have chosen your best answer, I will reply as I could not choose any of your choices.  I believe the rapture will occur at the last trump.  When that will be, I cannot say.

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 11/11/2016 at 11:13 AM, Giller said:

Here is another poll I want to do, to see what rapture view you hold on to.

Is it pre trib, mid trib, post trib, end of millenium rapture, or no rapture?

Post-trib rapture

Matt 24 "immediately after the tribulation .. He will send his angels to gather His elect" - and then all the saints are taken to heaven "to My Father's house" as Jesus said "that where I  am - there  you may be also" John 14:1-14

 

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Pre-Trib. - - - -> John 14:v.3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

 

In Matt 24 Christ does say "After the Tribulation" -- in John 14 Christ does not say "before the tribulation"

Quote

This refers to the rapture, not the second advent

 

John 14:1-3 "I will come again" --- 2nd Advent.

Quote

( 1 Th. 4:16; 1 Cor. 15:23, 51-58; Phil. 3:21; Col. 3:4; Eph. 5:27). At this time He will receive to Himself all the dead and living in Christ who will come back to the earth with Him at the second advent (Zech. 14:5; Jude 14; Rev. 19:11-21).

"receive you unto myself;" ----> Since Christ is in Heaven, that is where we are to go at the rapture (Acts 1:11; Eph. 1:20; Heb. 8:1; 9:24).

That is certainly true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Though you have chosen your best answer, I will reply as I could not choose any of your choices.  I believe the rapture will occur at the last trump.  When that will be, I cannot say.

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 Cor. 15:52,  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

This is one of Pauls revelations, all will not die physically, but some will be changed to the likeness of those who do die (V. 51; 1 Th. 4:13-17).  The living will be changed from mortality to immortality as quickly as the dead will be raised to immortality. The time needed for this is but a moment, in the twinkling of an eye. The Greek says en-atomo, in an atom of time. It will happen at the last of two trumpets which will sound at this time. At the first trumpet the dead will be raised to immortality. At the second or last trumpet the living will be changed to immortality and be caught up with the dead to meet the Lord in the air (v.52;  1Th. 4:16-17).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HAZARD said:
54 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Though you have chosen your best answer, I will reply as I could not choose any of your choices.  I believe the rapture will occur at the last trump.  When that will be, I cannot say.

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 Cor. 15:52,  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

This is one of Pauls revelations, all will not die physically, but some will be changed to the likeness of those who do die (V. 51; 1 Th. 4:13-17).  The living will be changed from mortality to immortality as quickly as the dead will be raised to immortality. The time needed for this is but a moment, in the twinkling of an eye. The Greek says en-atomo, in an atom of time. It will happen at the last of two trumpets which will sound at this time. At the first trumpet the dead will be raised to immortality. At the second or last trumpet the living will be changed to immortality and be caught up with the dead to meet the Lord in the air (v.52;  1Th. 4:16-17).

Scripture does not mention two trumpets, only one for this to take place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

1 Cor. 15:52,  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

This is one of Pauls revelations, all will not die physically, but some will be changed to the likeness of those who do die (V. 51; 1 Th. 4:13-17). [/quote]

Where is "changed to the likeness of those who die" in 1 Cor 15??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobRyan said:

Where is "changed to the likeness of those who die" in 1 Cor 15??

 

The answer to your question is in the Scripture I provided; (V. 51; 1 Th. 4:13-17).

1 Cor. 15:  51, Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Read 1 Thess. 4: 14, For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OneLight said:

Scripture does not mention two trumpets, only one for this to take place.

First Trump, The Lord Jesus descends "with a shout, with the voice of the angel, and with the trump of God.

1 Thess. 4:16, 16, For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:  and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then another trumpet shall sound, the last trump, and at this trump, the dead shall be raised . . . .

1 Cor. 15:52,  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BobRyan said:

Where is "changed to the likeness of those who die" in 1 Cor 15??

 

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

The answer to your question is in the Scripture I provided; (V. 51; 1 Th. 4:13-17).

1 Cor. 15:  51, Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Read 1 Thess. 4: 14, For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

None of those say "changed to likeness of those who die"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

Where is "changed to the likeness of those who die" in 1 Cor 15??

 

None of those say "changed to likeness of those who die"

 

Jesus became a man, He had a flesh and bone body like our bodies so He could die. He was raised in His flesh and bone body only now it is glorified and eternal.

He said to the apostles after He was raised from the dead;

Luke 24:39, Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. He can and never will again die in His now glorified flesh and bone body.

We, at the rapture will be given bodies like Christs flesh and bone body, eternal bodies, and so with those who are raised at the rapture.

1 Thess. 4:16, For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1 Co. 15:45, And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1 Co 15:47, The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HAZARD said:

First Trump, The Lord Jesus descends "with a shout, with the voice of the angel, and with the trump of God.

1 Thess. 4:16, 16, For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:  and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then another trumpet shall sound, the last trump, and at this trump, the dead shall be raised . . . .

1 Cor. 15:52,  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

These are the same event.  There will be only one trumpet sound for the rapture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×