• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

21 hours ago, PetriFB64 said:

I followed on the Media, for several months America's presidential election campaign and things that were related to it. If I would be American, so I wouldn't vote neither Trump or Clinton, because they both have done things that are against my moral values. I wrote about my observations why America's Media favorite Hillary Clinton lost the election. The thoughts are mine and you can agree or disagree with me.

More info: http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/uspresidentialelection2016.html

How did Trump win the election? I think because this win by Donal Trump is a tale of how truly disenfranchised the average American feels with the U.S. government. On election day the average voter truly expressed their dissatisfaction with the establishment.

Perhaps that Donald Trump is loud, obnoxious, rude, etc. is exactly the point. Those who voted for him are in essence saying "forget you" to the entire establishment - Democrat and Republican alike. 

This they (or we?) could not have done with the other 16 candidates namely Rubio, Cruz, Bush, etc. the Republican machine produced. 

Americans are saying "we're tired of the status quo and we want something different." Donal Trump is that wild card. My 2 cents...

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

@PetriFB64 I think too its an interesting comparison between Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump.

Here's a brief history Ronald Reagan:

He graduated from Eureka college in 1933 and became a radio announcer in 1933 for the Chicago Cubs.

He was contracted by Warner Brothers in 1937 and his first movie was Love Is on the Air. By the end of 1939 he had already appeared in 19 films. He participated in nearly 70 movies before entering into politics.

He also served in the military from 1937. He became active duty in 1942 and remained so until the end of WWII 1945.

He is said to have provided intelligence to the FBI on communist sympathizers in Hollywood in the 1940s.

He also did Television in the 1950s. He was part of 24 TV shows. The most famous was the show he hosted called General Electric Theater.

He started out as a Democrat but became a Republican in 1962. He was 51 years old.

He was the 33rd Governor of California, from 1967 to 1975, after a career as a Hollywood actor and union leader.

Ronald Reagan was the 40th President of the United States, from 1981 to 1989. He became the president during his first term at 69 years old. Although he was nearly 70 (69 and 11 months) years old at his inauguration on January 20, 1981.

After his 2nd term he did a lot of public speaking. In 1994 he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. He passed away June 5, 2004 at the age of 93.

What do you think?

God bless,
GE

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

I think it's because Trump was able to say what some people felt, he tapped into the hopes and fears of the guy who wears overalls with his name on it. I think Hillary also lost it because she just said stupid stuff about abortion that made people who are conservatives and thinking of voting third party rally around Trump, like the fact she believe unborn children do not have constitutional rights. That statement was very damaging in that a lot of people who did not like Trump on the conservative side felt that they had to vote for Trump for the sake of the supreme court, rather than enter a protest third party  vote, as they may have been planning to do. The Emails saga was also a huge factor, she may actually have won the election if she was indited though as she could have span it as a politically motivated act, but she got away with it giving people the impression she was above the law. I personally think Clinton lost the election rather than Trump winning it. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

I wrote the following post on face book two days ago and I though that it would relevant to this topic.

The Shaking of the Foundations:

The conservatives are taking charge of national politics after years of liberal control. This should be no surprise. There is a compensatory mechanism at work. The decline of the religious orientation along with the strengthing of the secular-reductionist orientation has caused an imbalance which is undergoing remedy at this time. Although the form or structure of life has been changing, the dynamics of life has not been changing. Christian fu...ndamentalists have been held in derision, but the secualar-reductions have there own legalistic styles of thinking and their own particular taboos. The secular-reductionists have their own pastoral agents and priesthood under different names; PHD's, psychologists, etc. It has been said that the more things change the more they remain the same. And there is quite an amount of truth in this idea.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, ricky said:

I think it's because Trump was able to say what some people felt, he tapped into the hopes and fears of the guy who wears overalls with his name on it. I think Hillary also lost it because she just said stupid stuff about abortion that made people who are conservatives and thinking of voting third party rally around Trump, like the fact she believe unborn children do not have constitutional rights. That statement was very damaging in that a lot of people who did not like Trump on the conservative side felt that they had to vote for Trump for the sake of the supreme court, rather than enter a protest third party  vote, as they may have been planning to do. The Emails saga was also a huge factor, she may actually have won the election if she was indited though as she could have span it as a politically motivated act, but she got away with it giving people the impression she was above the law. I personally think Clinton lost the election rather than Trump winning it. 

So Trump is a mind reader? I think he wanted to tell the voters what they wanted to hear. He is a brilliant salesman and businessman.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

13 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

So Trump is a mind reader? I think he wanted to tell the voters what they wanted to hear. He is a brilliant salesman and businessman.

You took the first sentence of my post very literally, I do think he can read people very well. I think he is a student of sociology more than anything, and we able to articulate the views of a social section that felt left behind very well. I agree he is a brilliant sales man. 

Guest shiloh357
25 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Not in the way you try to couch it.   We have had 8 years of a "president"  who really doesn't like this country, who runs America and Americans into teh ground on foreign soil, who looks at the US through the eyes of the third world and repeatedly apologized to the world because of us being a great nation.   He spoke against our exceptionalism, and pretty much tried to turn the US into a Banana republic.

Trump tells us the the opposite.  He is proud of our nation and proud of us and what we can become again.  He wants people to have jobs and for us to abide by the Constitution and wants to nominate judges to that end.   He is going to be the anti-Obama.   He is going to have the antidote to failed liberalism. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

7 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

Patton was just as controversial as he was "decisive."

And there nothing wrong with being controversial.  The Lord Jesus Christ was always controversial, seeing that He had a multitude of enemies.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

So Trump is a mind reader? I think he wanted to tell the voters what they wanted to hear

No need to try and keep on smearing Trump. He is not a political hack who tells voters what they want to hear. He has a solid plan, so get with it.