IGNORED

Can A Born-Again Believer Be A Democrat???

Dabby26

Guest BacKaran

And it shows how little people know of recent history! 

If I had to do  life over again

I would have homeschooled my kids.

And had more kids too!☺

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, BacKaran said:

I agree OC,

Why would anyone vote for funding planned PARENTHOOD? Partial birth murderous abortions, open borders and let in illegals without proper procedure etc?

And then to say they are a born again Christian? I don't know how they think they can justify it but they will have to answer to God.

I couldn't do it.

I am pro life as well and happy that Trump won, though not really for him either.  Social justice is why many are democrats even if they are pro life.  Many believe that a law against abortion would do no good....I tend to agree.  It would only create a whole new class of criminals and even endanger lives.  Change can only come from the people, not from any one political party, which I believe both are corrupt. 

Woman who get abortions come from all religious traditions as well as those who have none.  Many devout Christians parents will push their daughters to get abortions because of their fear of what others think.  It is a sin committed once. Abortion is a true evil, but doubt it will ever go away as long as men and women believe that sexual activity is merely for fun and pleasure without responsibility.  

Also there is little support today for many women who come from dysfunctional families, which is read in the press is becoming more common with each new generation.  Sin does mature and is passed on from one generation to another. 

So yes, a devout christian can be a democrat in my way of thinking.

8 hours ago, Davida said:

I agree with that, and before I was saved and a born again believer, I saw things in vague shades of grey but after being saved and learning from the Bible  I came to see that is not what the GOD of the Bible teaches from the scripture and for me since coming to Christ things are black and white, right and wrong , good or evil- actions have consequences one way or another. It is a relief too.

Good point.  The question may be are Christians supposed to be in control of any one culture.  I believe not.  Look at what happened to my church when it was 'the power', we had a whole line of evil men who became pope.  I believe we are called to be a true salt for our societies and to show another way.  Laws will not do that.  We are bearing fruit now as a culture because of some very bad solutions that were accepted, abortions perhaps being the main one.  Now our culture seems be going the way of allowing suicide, which will also mature and bear fruit.  Christians can proclaim the sacredness of human life from conception to natural death, without worrying about outcome, for it is always the Holy Spirit that waters what we plant.  We are call to witness, not force or coerce. 

Hmmmm OMG, I think we agree here, my blood pressure is going up :cool:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, Dabby26 said:

My born-again Christian friend and I got into a disagreement about the election results.  She is a lifelong Democrat.  To me, the two do not go hand-in-hand, and I cannot wrap my mind around it.  I really want to know what others think?  Am I wrong?

Oh my goodness! I am so annoyed with people's faith and Christianity being judge by who they vote for. I have news for you. Jesus is not a member of the either party! 

6 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Oh my goodness! I am so annoyed with people's faith and Christianity being judge by who they vote for. I have news for you. Jesus is not a member of the either party! 

HMMMMM there must be one out there that he belongs to.....when you find out let me know :cool:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

7 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

That is very true, Jesus is not a member of party.  He is the King of kings and he has declared what is evil in His sight.  When we vote for and condone those things that Christ is against, then it seems to me we are on the wrong side of truth and standing with evil.  I cannot judge a person's heart, only God can.  I do believe they are misled, though.  Doesn't the Bible say "Do not stand in the path of the wicked." 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

14 hours ago, Dabby26 said:

My born-again Christian friend and I got into a disagreement about the election results.  She is a lifelong Democrat.  To me, the two do not go hand-in-hand, and I cannot wrap my mind around it.  I really want to know what others think?  Am I wrong?

Think of how much the Democrat party has changed even in the last 20 years. 

The short answer is yes you can be a Democrat and a born again Believer. 

12 hours ago, Dabby26 said:

I guess the question should be, "Why would a born-again Christian choose to align themselves with the Democrat party?"  I know that some do, but to me, things are mostly black and white, right or wrong.  I think the liberal media may have a lot to do with the far left-leaning news they hear much of the time or maybe it is family tradition when there were such things as conservative democrats, but those are long gone.  I would love to hear from Christians who vote for the Democrats.  I really want to understand their paradigm. 

That is a different question all together. A much better question in fact. :thumbsup: 

Understating why is a lot better than judging half the population in the USA. Don't you think? 

God bless,
GE

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

They way I see it is it no body's business who or what I vote for. Especially if others are going to judge my faith by it. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,421
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

The political parties have their social structures and agendas that  they want to promote.   But is it not that the mighty supreme court that rules and sets the laws to overrule states that wants to do the right things too.  Just asking, and knows very little about the US constitution matters.  But it was the the US supreme courts that decided many of the controversial cases.   So do you stand by your supreme court.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

A lot of Christians who are Democrats look at the Democratic position on social programs and think they are more in line with Christs teachings on poverty. Here in the South there is still some older people who have never change from being Democrats since the 60s they may even vote Republican at the national level, but vote Democrats at the state and county level. 

On another note I have noticed that some are saying that support for open borders is a reason that Christians should not support the Democratic Party. While I disagree with open borders from a law an order standpoint, I am struggling to see how it is applicable from a Christian standpoint.