IGNORED

Can A Born-Again Believer Be A Democrat???

Dabby26

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

They way I see it is it no body's business who or what I vote for. Especially if others are going to judge my faith by it. 

That is correct. Who you vote for is private. :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

Think of how much the Democrat party has changed even in the last 20 years. 

The short answer is yes you can be a Democrat and a born again Believer. 

That is a different question all together. A much better question in fact. :thumbsup: 

Understating why is a lot better than judging half the population in the USA. Don't you think? 

God bless,
GE

My intention was not to be judge and jury, but to wrap my head around their reasoning.  If the Republican party no longer had a platform of being pro-life, and decided the Constitution really didn't matter anymore, and that I had to keep my religious faith in a closet, then I would leave that party.  It is not the party I am wed to, it is the principles for which that party stands.

2 hours ago, ricky said:

A lot of Christians who are Democrats look at the Democratic position on social programs and think they are more in line with Christs teachings on poverty. Here in the South there is still some older people who have never change from being Democrats since the 60s they may even vote Republican at the national level, but vote Democrats at the state and county level. 

On another note I have noticed that some are saying that support for open borders is a reason that Christians should not support the Democratic Party. While I disagree with open borders from a law an order standpoint, I am struggling to see how it is applicable from a Christian standpoint.

As far as open borders is concerned, it does matter because those coming in illegally, for the most part, do not want to be American citizens.  It seems to me that more and more of them want to "take back" what they perceive as their country.  They desire anarchy and civil unrest to precipitate a civil war.  They do not want to abide by our laws or Constitution.  The underpinnings of our country are at stake which depend on being self-governed according to the laws enacted through our political process. 

"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God." --John Adams wrote this on June 28, 1813, in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Did I say I cared who you vote for?

You should care who you vote for.

I wasn't addressing you when I posted this. It was not meant to be taken personally. It was just a general statement. Meaning I think it is best not to talk politics with some people.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

4 hours ago, Davida said:

Christians  really need to be aware of the Policies and Platforms of their Political Party and not to chose a Party that is in direct contradiction to the moral conduct, values & ethics that GOD lays out to us in Bible scripture.  This is why the general public disrespects Christians, because of seeing their lack of consistent conduct, ethics and morals.  What is a Christian that supports abortion?  What is a Christian that supports Euthanasia and assisted suicide? What is a Christian that does not support traditional marriage between a man & a woman as GOD ordained? What is a Christian that accepts homosexuals being ordained as Pastors?  What is a Christian that agrees there are as many genders as anyone wants to declare?  What is a Christian that accepts sexual perversion as a norm?   What is a Christian that does not stand up for Israel? and on and on....THIS is the reason that Christians stopped garnering the respect of others- because they became just like others. No Salt - No Light.  

Well said!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

5 hours ago, ricky said:

On another note I have noticed that some are saying that support for open borders is a reason that Christians should not support the Democratic Party. While I disagree with open borders from a law an order standpoint, I am struggling to see how it is applicable from a Christian standpoint.

From a Christian standpoint:

Open (porous) borders are pretty much what we have in arizona now, under this administration. So far, what it has meant to us is drug cartels coming in and laying waste to southern arizona. Violent crime escalating because of it. Parts of my state is banned to us citizens because the cartels have occupied and taken it over. From a human perspective, porous borders has meant that the cartels have gotten populations of people on the reservations in southern and central arizona to run drugs. Many city politicians and law enforcement leaders in arizona communities have contracts out on them by the cartels, similar to what is happening in mexico. This no longer makes the news outside the state, but there is at least one kidnapping a day for ransom of families of mexicans immigrants (even those families who are us citizens) in the phoenix area as a result of porous borders. The victims are tortured and raped. In many ways, it is starting to look like columbia and the drug cartel infested areas of mexico. Make the borders even more open and this will escalate. There is no way I can as a Christian accept open borders. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

18 hours ago, ayin jade said:

From a Christian standpoint:

Open (porous) borders are pretty much what we have in arizona now, under this administration. So far, what it has meant to us is drug cartels coming in and laying waste to southern arizona. Violent crime escalating because of it. Parts of my state is banned to us citizens because the cartels have occupied and taken it over. From a human perspective, porous borders has meant that the cartels have gotten populations of people on the reservations in southern and central arizona to run drugs. Many city politicians and law enforcement leaders in arizona communities have contracts out on them by the cartels, similar to what is happening in mexico. This no longer makes the news outside the state, but there is at least one kidnapping a day for ransom of families of mexicans immigrants (even those families who are us citizens) in the phoenix area as a result of porous borders. The victims are tortured and raped. In many ways, it is starting to look like columbia and the drug cartel infested areas of mexico. Make the borders even more open and this will escalate. There is no way I can as a Christian accept open borders. 

But those  are law and order issues. not really Biblical issues

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Well, what a different question in the OP.

When I was growing up, the stance Democrats held are about where the Republicans now are.  Both the Dems and Reps have moved toward the left in my lifetime. 

Not all of what the Dems and Reps want are scriptural, so to me, it does not matter what they call themselves.  What does matter is what they personally believe in their heart.

Good luck in discussing all the issues each side stands for.  Hope you plan on a long Q&A timeline.

4 hours ago, ricky said:

But those  are law and order issues. not really Biblical issues

You mentioned open borders as a Christian issue ricky.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

You mentioned open borders as a Christian issue ricky.

I think you should read my point again, I don't see it as a Biblical or spiritual issue, but as a law and order one, it you guys who seem to be raising it as a Christian one.

On 11/12/2016 at 8:58 AM, ricky said:

A lot of Christians who are Democrats look at the Democratic position on social programs and think they are more in line with Christs teachings on poverty. Here in the South there is still some older people who have never change from being Democrats since the 60s they may even vote Republican at the national level, but vote Democrats at the state and county level. 

1 hour ago, ricky said:

I think you should read my point again, I don't see it as a Biblical or spiritual issue, but as a law and order one, it you guys who seem to be raising it as a Christian one.

The part I put in bold red is what I was responding to.