• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/06/1996

Hi there, 

I hope this isn't a silly question, and hopefully I haven't written this in the wrong section!

I just wanted to ask if anybody has any advice for reconnecting to God? I'm only young and in my recent teenage years I have found that I am not worshipping my faith like I used to. 

Please help. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, georgiamay said:

Hi there, 

I hope this isn't a silly question, and hopefully I haven't written this in the wrong section!

I just wanted to ask if anybody has any advice for reconnecting to God? I'm only young and in my recent teenage years I have found that I am not worshipping my faith like I used to. 

Please help. 

Hi GM,

It's definitely hard being a young person in this very secular society we in the Western world live in.

It was bad enough when I was a teen and I backslid for many years - the bright lights of the clubbing scene and the  lies of general secular life took me down - my faith foundation was not solid.

My advice to you is to read the Bible - be regular in morning "quiet time" - may be read the daily Word for Today each morning and soak yourself in the Word. Believe in the Word and start living by the principles in it. 

Remember that God is still connected to you?

Edited by HisFirst

• Group:  Members

31 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Hi GM,

It's definitely hard being a young person in this very secular society we in the Western world live in.

It was bad enough when I was a teen and I backslid for many years - the bright lights of the clubbing scene and the  lies of general secular life took me down - my faith foundation was not solid.

My advice to you is to read the Bible - be regular in morning "quiet time" - may be read the daily Word for Today each morning and soak yourself in the Word. Believe in the Word and start living by the principles in it. 

Remember that God is still connected to you?

Thank you for the lovely advice HisFirst, it is greatly appreciated! 

I have definitely faced the same things you did when you were a teen, it is comforting to know that somebody understands! Especially because the people surrounding me do not worship their faith anymore. 

I need to work on my 'quiet time' in the morning haha! 

Thank you once again for your words ❤️

Another thing I would suggest is getting into prayer deeply: not just asking the Lord for things, but taking time to reflect on his word and to learn to listen for His still, small voice. It doesn't need to be filled with "thee, thy and thou", nor does it need a lot of big words. But going to the Lord in prayer daily is extremely important, and in a quiet place away from distractions and things that need your attention.

3 minutes ago, Robert said:

Another thing I would suggest is getting into prayer deeply: not just asking the Lord for things, but taking time to reflect on his word and to learn to listen for His still, small voice. It doesn't need to be filled with "thee, thy and thou", nor does it need a lot of big words. But going to the Lord in prayer daily is extremely important, and in a quiet place away from distractions and things that need your attention.

Thank you Robert, finding time to reflect on the Lords word is something I definetely need to practice. I appreciate your advice! I suppose I am just young and a bit impatient which is why I am becoming so confused!! :P 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,062
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

For me it helps in realizing that everything here and my own body God has not redeemed and when His Word has accomplished all that it says- that which is not redeemed will be thrown away... as I am an eternal being with eternal realities made to live with God forever I should attach my heart to the things God 'IS' keeping! It is a simple list: His Word and the those who are born again into the living hope. I have found that attaching my heart to anything else just confuses the issues of redemption and My Lord just shakes me loose from them anyway :)   Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, georgiamay said:

Thank you for the lovely advice HisFirst, it is greatly appreciated! 

I have definitely faced the same things you did when you were a teen, it is comforting to know that somebody understands! Especially because the people surrounding me do not worship their faith anymore. 

I need to work on my 'quiet time' in the morning haha! 

Thank you once again for your words ❤️

You're welcome?? 

I also agree with Robert about prayer.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/16/1980

6 hours ago, georgiamay said:

Hi there, 

Please help. 

I am very happy that you were able to discover this yourself. That is define help from God. 

My advice for you is in this wise:

1. Repent: Realize where you have been missing the marks. Recognise those godly things you are to be doing but you are not observing them. Recognise those things you are not supposed to be doing but you are doing them.

2. Return: Then return to God through Christ Jesus. Based on the outcomes of the 1. above, start doing the needful and stop doing the wrongful. 

3. Remain: Remain in the word, will and way of God. Do not allow anything to distract you from doing the needful. Avoid all things that will not help your relationship with God.

God bless you and those reading this.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  55

Fasting is a concept that I feel most young people aren't told they should partake in. You don't have to fast from food if your parents won't allow it, but maybe spending time away from distractions like TV, social media, etc for a few days and dedicating time to reading the Word might help you move closer to God. It certainly helped me when I was a teenager. 

Also doing a specific study on your favorite story in the bible or scripture verse and relating how it effects your current life can help.

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

For me it helps in realizing that everything here and my own body God has not redeemed and when His Word has accomplished all that it says- that which is not redeemed will be thrown away... as I am an eternal being with eternal realities made to live with God forever I should attach my heart to the things God 'IS' keeping! It is a simple list: His Word and the those who are born again into the living hope. I have found that attaching my heart to anything else just confuses the issues of redemption and My Lord just shakes me loose from them anyway :)   Love, Steven

Thank you Steven! I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. That is very inspiring! God bless :)