The unforgivable sin

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I read about this sin in the bible which cannot be forgiven. The bible called it blasphemy against the holy spirit. I heard people say if you are worried about it mean you haven't committed it. but I don't feel much conviction of sin or godly sorrow.  I can't feel much guilt for my sin. Does it mean I had already committed it? Have I committed it already but didn't know? does it mean the holy spirit given up on me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Plalo,

Welcome to Worthy :)

Te only sin which will not be forgiven is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and you commit that sin by not believing that Jesus is Lord, it is really the sin of unbelieve,every unbeliever commits this sin but if you are born again and love Jesu your Savior ,you did not commit this sin :)

I hope this helps? 

Plalo,

The fact that you are concerned about it and are asking about it here shows you did not commit it. Folks who commit this sin do not care that they have.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,867
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

16 hours ago, plalo said:

I read about this sin in the bible which cannot be forgiven. The bible called it blasphemy against the holy spirit. I heard people say if you are worried about it mean you haven't committed it. but I don't feel much conviction of sin or godly sorrow.  I can't feel much guilt for my sin. Does it mean I had already committed it? Have I committed it already but didn't know? does it mean the holy spirit given up on me

Please read this in-depth explanation, it can help: http://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/what-is-the-unforgivable-sin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

Underline: The unforgivable sin is unbelief in Jesus Christ, death, resurrection, the finished work of the cross. To die in your sins is committing that act.

1 Cor 15:12-19 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

3 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Underline: The unforgivable sin is unbelief in Jesus Christ, death, resurrection, the finished work of the cross. To die in your sins is committing that act.

1 Cor 15:12-19 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Agreed, Heb 13:8; when someone dies in their sins, their heart has essentially turned to solid rock and they do not care that they have sinned against the Lord. I think that when Jesus warned the Phrarisees about the unforgivable sin, He was warning them that their accusation of Him supposedly casting out demons "by Beelzebub" was an indicator that they had allowed their hearts to calcify almost to solid stone.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, Robert said:

Agreed, Heb 13:8; when someone dies in their sins, their heart has essentially turned to solid rock and they do not care that they have sinned against the Lord. I think that when Jesus warned the Phrarisees about the unforgivable sin, He was warning them that their accusation of Him supposedly casting out demons "by Beelzebub" was an indicator that they had allowed their hearts to calcify almost to solid stone.

Underline: That's right. They die in their religion. They're too proud.

Luke 18:10-14 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’ 13“But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ 14“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I think the unforgivable sin is to do what the devil does : To not Only sin against God, but to actively work against him and try to prevent not Only yourself but also others to come to Christ. Basically to do what the devil does and work with him out of hatred against the trinity.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 2016-11-12 at 3:56 AM, angels4u said:

Hi Plalo,

Welcome to Worthy :)

Te only sin which will not be forgiven is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and you commit that sin by not believing that Jesus is Lord, it is really the sin of unbelieve,every unbeliever commits this sin but if you are born again and love Jesu your Savior ,you did not commit this sin :)

I hope this helps? 

That is true IF the unbeliever dies in that State, but as long as there is life there is hope. We have almost all been unbelievers once

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 11/11/2016 at 8:45 PM, plalo said:

I read about this sin in the bible which cannot be forgiven....
The bible called it blasphemy against the holy spirit....

Have I committed it already but didn't know....
does it mean the holy spirit given up on me....

:emot-heartbeat:

Welcome~!

:sherlock:

The Work And The Person Of The Holy Spirit

"When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father--the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father--he will testify about me. John 15:26 (New International Version)

Is To Testify To Jesus Our Savior

“But now I am going away to the one who sent me, and not one of you is asking where I am going. Instead, you grieve because of what I’ve told you. But in fact, it is best for you that I go away, because if I don’t, the Advocate won’t come. If I do go away, then I will send him to you.

And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment

The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me. John 16:5-9 (New Living Translation)

To Speak Truth

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim);

because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” Romans 10:8-11 (English Standard Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament