The unforgivable sin

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

You can offend God and get away with it. You can offend Jesus and get away with it. You will not get away from offending the Holy Ghost. God cant get offended at you if you are in Christ. Jesus cant get offended at you if you are in Him. Is the Holy Ghost different from them No. So why is there a different attitude . and how is it possible to offend only the Holy Ghost. Thought they were one and the same? They are. So whats the difference? If you have tasted of the Holy Ghost and seen His works. Healing through you or anything else through you and you know for a fact its Him. Then you turn your back and deny Him. Thats is how you offend the Holy Ghost.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

9 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Hi Plalo,

Think about it, the job of the Holy Spirit is to teach us in all truth, 1 John 2:27, and as such, when people reject His convictions to turn to Jesus, they're rejecting the truth, which is the same as saying the Holy Spirit is lying. That's blasphemy - to call the God of Love a liar. That's how I see it.

I have a hard time accepting this view. If it is true, it can sound like people get only one chance to repent and receive forgiveness. If this view is right, then I must have comitted this sin. And so must Jonah, Peter, David etc... Or maybe I missunderstand? But you know my thread I started a couple of months ago, I did reject the truth when convicted. Not out of malice or anger or hatred but because I was a coward(which is no excuse). Then I realized and became very afraid and Started asking for forgiveness. And if I the want forgiveness and want to turn away from sin to have a relationship with God, you mean he will not let me because of my past rejecting? The bible says God is more mercyful than human beings. And Christ came to save lives, not destroy them.

Edited by Beebert

15 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Yep, one lifetime. After that, it's too late. Not sure why you assumed that it was a one time event. BTW we all commit this sin, because we are all cowards. We don't trust God to obey Him when we don't have all the facts. That's normal, and part of growing up. Just as when we were babies until our teenage years, we may not have obeyed our parents but most of the time we never questioned their decisions. There is a point in a Christian's walk where we too obeyed unquestioningly and there are times where, as the older we get in Christ, question God and His plan. But once adopted into the family, we are treated like family because we are new creatures in Christ. Sin has been dealt with in God's eyes. To have abundant life, we must reject sin in our own flesh. Jesus paved the way to do that. The Holy Spirit teaches the willing to follow the same path that Jesus did in the flesh. Don't get hung up on one verse and allow the devil to dismantle the relationship you have with God. The sin of blasphemy is the sin of rejection of Jesus Christ as the Saviour of the world. God is no respecter of persons. If something happened to one in the word of God, it can happen to anyone. Blasphemy is saying that God's power is demonic in nature, that He's a liar, and turn from Him, and the gift of His Son's life. Why do you think Castro, an evil man, lived for so long? To get him to repent and turn to God. People think because a Christian dies at 20, they must have sinned unto death. But Enoch was the youngest of all the patriarchs of the human race when he was translated. Once you accept Christ as your Saviour and call out to Him, you're soul is saved, your Spirit awakens and you're alive in Christ. If you choose to remain in sin, you will suffer in the flesh. Whatever a one sows, that's what they'll reap. Sow to the flesh, get corruption. Sow to the Spirit, get life.

I ageee with this... I am sorry, I guess I must have missunderstood what you actually meant. God of course wants People to be saved, which is why he will not deny those calling up on him, but at the same time he will never accept sin. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:45 PM, plalo said:

I read about this sin in the bible which cannot be forgiven. The bible called it blasphemy against the holy spirit. I heard people say if you are worried about it mean you haven't committed it. but I don't feel much conviction of sin or godly sorrow.  I can't feel much guilt for my sin. Does it mean I had already committed it? Have I committed it already but didn't know? does it mean the holy spirit given up on me

No. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit means you have called the Holy Ghost a demon.

And the charge doesn't even apply today but only against those in Jesus' day, like the Pharisees who had Jesus standing before them and yet though they recognized the good works He had done they still said His works were from Beelzebub.

Matthew 12:24   But when the Pharisees heard [it], they said, This [fellow] doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

Matthew 12:25   And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

Matthew 12:26   And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Matthew 12:31   Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

You have to have seen Jesus face to face in the flesh and still blaspheme the Holy Ghost for you to be condemned.

Otherwise billions of unsaved people since His day would all be going to hell with no chance at forgiveness if they blaspheme the Holy Ghost unknowingly.

Paul himself it is certain by his words and actions, blasphemed the Holy ghost. And yet Christ forgave him and, well, look at happened to him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

18 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Hi Plalo,

Think about it, the job of the Holy Spirit is to teach us in all truth, 1 John 2:27, and as such, when people reject His convictions to turn to Jesus, they're rejecting the truth, which is the same as saying the Holy Spirit is lying. That's blasphemy - to call the God of Love a liar. That's how I see it.

No, blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is to call the H/G a demon.

But there must be an unforgivable sin that can be comitted today and I would say that is to know the work of God, hate it and do everything to prevent it. In other words to do just like the pharisees and actively try to destroy the work of God for yourself and others. Knowingly. That is the same work as the devil does, hence, the blasphemer works with the devil out of hatred towards God. 

Edited by Beebert

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Abdicate said:

No, it's not. It's accounting Him and His work as evil.

Acts 7:51 (YLT)

'Ye stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and in ears! ye do always the Holy Spirit resist; as your fathers--also ye;  

All unbelievers commit the sin of  blasphemy against the Holy Ghost

The  work of the Holy Spirit is to speak of Jesus Christ and to show everybody  they  need His forgiveness.

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged”
(John 16:7-11 NKJV).

The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is unbelief. Those who continually reject the Holy Spirits work who shows us  Christ as Savior are blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Because of this unbelieve  they  will not receive forgiveness for their sins.

The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the state of unbelieve .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Abdicate said:

Yep. That's exactly what I said. Thanks for agreeing :)

Amen ! 

The Word Brings Salvation
But not all of them welcomed the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?” 17Consequently, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.18But I ask, did they not hear? Indeed they did: “Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.”Romans 10-16-18

But is it a lifetime ut rejecting or a one time rejecting? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

15 hours ago, angels4u said:

All unbelievers commit the sin of  blasphemy against the Holy Ghost

The  work of the Holy Spirit is to speak of Jesus Christ and to show everybody  they  need His forgiveness.

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged”
(John 16:7-11 NKJV).

The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is unbelief. Those who continually reject the Holy Spirits work who shows us  Christ as Savior are blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Because of this unbelieve  they  will not receive forgiveness for their sins.

The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the state of unbelieve .

So who did the Holy Ghost come to in your scriptrue? Are you saying the Holy Ghost is in all men? If not how can you hold them accountable for neglecting the Holy Ghost. If they never recived Him in the first place?