Tired of Failing

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone and thank you for reading this and for all your help.

Throughout my life I have continuously failed and fallen short of God's glory.  As a teenager and in my twenties - I was a mess and hurt my loved ones immensely because I felt unloved and unwanted so I acted out and ran away throughout all of my teen years, slept around to fill that painful void, partied too much and did drugs and I was a disaster at that time in my life.  Because of this behavior, I was constantly told how "bad" I was by my parents and that I needed to change.  I understand that I deserved to be reprimanded and to be disciplined but now that I'm older - I cannot seem to shake off the feeling of being a failure that will never amount to anything and I'm deathly afraid of rejection because that's all I've gotten.  Because I misbehaved so much as a teen, I tried to overcompensate and change but I haven't succeeded at anything.  I have been dumped by every boyfriend (due to my insecurities, neediness and possessive behavior), I failed at every job I had and whenever I tried to go back to school to better myself - I failed at that as well.  Granted, the schooling and careers I tried weren't a right fit for me but I just wanted so much to succeed and be financially independent that I tried everything I could think of. I'm at the point that I'm tired of trying, frankly I'm afraid to have hope because I'm afraid to try again in a new relationship, or new career and then fail again.  :(

I don't know what to do.  I pray and pray for guidance and to heal this heartbreak but my prayers don't seem to get answered.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings MiaMerc....

Welcome to Worthy,I am very glad God has lead you here to us & I do hope you come to realize how He is drawing unto Himself as you are(& always have been?) "Looking for LOVE in all the wrong places"........we can almost always expect rejection,failed relationships,disapproval & all kinds of disappointments from people....we ALL fall short of the Glory of God

Now that you are an adult you can see things in a little clearer perspective & hopefully put away the childish mentality with childhood,,,,,our parents love us(usually) but most times we may not be loved how we would like to be loved and people cannot always meet our expectations because they are simply not capable,we have to accept people for who they are & also as they are....that is how God loves us,just as we are and also,He came to earth,loved us,suffered ,died & paid our penalty as we were yet IN sin......how many people would give their lives for the bad guy?Jesus did because God knows the Plans He has for YOU & what you can BE in Christ!!!We cannot do anything without Him,we will always end up a failure in one way or another ....in Christ,we can DO ALL things...we are transformed from whatever we were into a new Creature in Christ Jesus.....

The foot of the Cross is the starting place,on our knees .......God Allows us to spiral down to that place of brokeness & utter despair (if that is what it takes?) all the while drawing us unto Himself,some of us "wake up,see & hear" & yet others do not? It is actually a good & wonderful thing that you are finally tired of TRYING ...perhaps now you are ready to surrender "self" to Jesus Lordship & ask His forgiveness to be your Savior -Receiving Gods Grace in return for your FAITH in the knowledge of WHO JESUS is?You can cry to the Heavens all day long but nothing will change  because God has given us the Way,the Truth & the Life and He patiently waits for you to accept His Only Begotten Son Who has been knocking at your door from the very beginnning,even before you were in your mothers woomb,He is your first LOVE,the ONE Who First Loved YOU........

The void you are feeling my Dear can only be Filled by ONE......& He will NEVER leave you nor will He forsake you,Would you like to start living Life More Abundant?Would you like to experience Peace,Comfort,unspeakable Joy,Forgiveness,Love?   Come to Jesus,He has all you can ever ask or even imagine and MORE!!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I can't add to what my sister in Christ Christ Kwik said. Jesus is your only answer.