emdie

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Glory to God, Mea.  I have heard from God in the same way as most of you.  But Bible Study Fellowship started me on a good footing.  God does repeat if we don't get it the first time.  In fact, Jesus was confirmed at His Baptism by John the Baptist, the prophets, the Holy Spirit and a voice from heaven.  Usually there are 2 or 3 witnesses.  So an older Christian, the Scriptures, still small voice within, and sometimes a Voice from heaven may all nudge us.  Rarely does he speak exactly the same way twice so that I seek Him and not some method.    

Sometimes I heard something in a Sunday sermon, then heard the same message in a song, another sermon on the radio from even another denomination, and finally a mentor, would all keep nagging me during the following week.  Eventually I would conclude that God was trying to tell me something.  So I am thick headed!  But with maturity I am usually more sensitive to God's guidance.  We failed to mention the closing and opening of doors.  Often he speaks from daily Bible reading or devotions.  

God's voice produces the fruit of the Spirit in us.  He never asks us to do something that is immoral or that violates the 10 commandments.  But it may be illegal in some countries to spread the Gospel, so I can't add illegal.  He does ask us to do things that bring glory to His Name and that follow His advice in Scripture.  We allow Christ to live in us to love, serve, bless, speak truth with quiet authority, forgive and go the extra mile.  He inspires us to bless our enemies and pray for those who spitefully use us.  So we do find our guidance quite often in Scripture.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Mea kakau said:

I respond to both types of nudges from God. The very first time I heard from the Holy Spirit, I was in church for only the third time in my life. I was in a prayer vigil for a man who had a surgery coming up. The Holy Spirit started with a soft whisper in my ear. Of course being a new Christian, three weeks old, I doubted what I was hearing. So I waited. And soon that little nudge because a loud voice in my ear I couldn't deny I was hearing. I finally raised my hand and said what heard the Lord saying to pray for the man.

The pastor of that church doubted that I had heard from the Holy Spirit. And to take whatever I said with a grain of salt, because I had been a Christian for only three weeks.

Two weeks later, the wife stood up in church and testified that I indeed had heard from the Holy Spirit. A potentially fatal infection had been thwarted through the word I had spoken.

God bless you!  I am happy you had the courage to speak up.

Guest BacKaran

Hi shel,

No I'm not a Job but he is a very good example of what not to do... Question God and demand an answer.... Did anyone notice jobs original question was never answered by God? 

I think about Paul telling us to count our sufferings as joy, I'm working on that while me flesh fights against rejoicing.

Some people just have a lot of pain in life because of the choices one makes.

Rollerskating has taken a toll on my body I didn't expect until I was 80!!!!

I'm finding the body can have arthritis in the strangest places, muscles I never knew existed were affected by tetherball etc etc.

It's a fact of life the body breaks down and I have compassion and empathy for those suffering worse than I. But one day it will all be gone, pain, suffering and tears!

I've got a couple of surgeries i need but I'm putting off for many reasons otherwise life is really great at 58!

?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

My thoughts come from one of two places.  I tell where they come from by where they lead me.

• Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.51
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

11 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Hi shel,

No I'm not a Job but he is a very good example of what not to do... Question God and demand an answer.... Did anyone notice jobs original question was never answered by God? 

I have to disagree about Job being an example of what not to do. Sure he was human and cried out to God and questioned him, but " After the Lord had said these things to Job, he said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “I am angry with you and your two friends, because you have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has." (42:7) And he told them to give Job a whole bunch of livestock to make up for how they had treated him, and he blessed Job even more than he had before. I'd like to see any of us keep our integrity the way Job did.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

1 hour ago, shel said:

I have to disagree about Job being an example of what not to do. Sure he was human and cried out to God and questioned him, but " After the Lord had said these things to Job, he said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “I am angry with you and your two friends, because you have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has." (42:7) And he told them to give Job a whole bunch of livestock to make up for how they had treated him, and he blessed Job even more than he had before. I'd like to see any of us keep our integrity the way Job did.

Hi shel.  Your last statement about any of us keeping our integrity the way job did, could be argued or lets say others can give testimony of people they know of whom suffer  tremendously within their lifetime.  I personally can give a testimony to a uncle of mine who left the world to live a humble life and suffered till death.  I won't  go into  details, but just to say, he was very instrumental in me when i was astray as a reminder of a man true to his God. Today his children are all walking with the lord and i can see the blessings that the lord promises.  I also had a sister that was born with a hole in her heart and served Jesus Christ all the days with  uprightness of heart.

There are men who have taken up the will to do the Lord's work with great awe and respect  and  faithfulness even onto the face of death, yes, there are men who though still of the flesh has set their hearts and sights on the Lord work with  high esteem.  Who they are, are in the Lord's eyes.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

Hi emdie?

For me, short, direct, to the point and like a combination of thought and voice at the same time but not harsh.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

On 11/14/2016 at 5:47 AM, BacKaran said:

The Holy Spirit had guided my mouth to speak Truth when I know it wasn't me talking. People have said oh you said that well and I give all credit to God.

Depending on God deepens my faith and trust in Him as the Holy Spirit guides me, gives me intuition and discernment.

My best example was

I was recovering from a second back surgery and I opened the bible on a Saturday night to Psalm 23. I read it three times and it gave me so much comfort i thought, who reads, psalm 23 on a Saturday night more than once?

Monday morning came and my husband went home to glory.

God is so good, good times and bad times, He's always with me! Amen?

I love Psalm 23, in fact I have it as my lock screen wallpaper on my phone :) 

On 11/14/2016 at 0:13 PM, BacKaran said:

2010. My hubby and I joined a new non denominational church in the fall of 2009 and he's was the first death in our small church in April 2010.

But I had been practicing my on my hubby, witnessing skills and we attended the sister church before this church was set up.

Bad decade... Mom died, son was injured in Chicago bike car accident, I was hit in a car accident, I had two back surgeries, then returned to work part-time when hubby died, then we had been pressing a law suit on a roofer who scammed us, I had to go to court by myself, the guy is out of businesses  then I lost in the car accident but I won... The kid was 100% at fault but I got no money since i see a chiropractor! Outrageous, my surgeon testified via tape and the jury thought since I saw the chiro, I would have needed back surgery anyway!

Then I hired some old neighbors to add a porch on my house, they scammed me big time but I won in small claims court.. Ok so these scammers play the court system and after waiting for monthly payments that were late. I told my attorney to close the case. I wrote on the paper i signed to them saying you didn't steal from me, you stole from God and He's forgiven me, I have forgiven of this debt. Do not contact me ever, not anyone in my family and do not afternoon to come in my neighborhood. I won all their tools in the settlement so they couldn't get back into business but they are! Long long drama story short I've helped a couple of people by posting my horror story with these people at the BBB. 

And God and His Word and my church family have helped me thru it all! Amen!.?

Thank you so much for sharing that, I just love to listen to stories where someone praises God for helping them through their dreadful situations, as people can turn the other way and actually blame Him for their troubles. Unfortunately my own father is just such a one, when my sisters died he blamed God and has done ever since, and that's 40 years plus now, but I still pray for him, that God will manifest in his life so he can realise what we (Christians) see. The other day I read that David Attenborough doesn't believe in God! It made me so sad, because I thought, 'how can a man who has seen God's intricate design in nature not recognise such beauty could only be the work of God'?

I've said this on other threads, so forgive me if if you've seen this before, but I can't imagine how bad my life could have been if God hand't been there for me, working in the background, influencing things that had an impact on my life. I had a year getting over my amputation, I've also spent 4 or 5 months in plaster in one go with my other leg because I have a disease in the bones of my ankle where it breaks at the drop of a hat, so I've ended up isolated because I couldn't go out clubbing or to parties like most women in their thirties (glad to say I'll be turning 40 in a couple of months). If I didn't have God as my constant companion, my rock, my friend and Father, and my comfort, I don't know what I would have done.

You're a strong woman BacKaran, and quite amazing as well.

God Bless,

Emily :emot-heartbeat:

On 11/14/2016 at 11:34 AM, shel said:

Thank you so much for posting this topic emdie! I love what you wrote. I sometimes get discouraged in chat because it seems people have replaced the Holy Spirit with the Bible as the third person of the trinity. We need to stop to realise that even Satan uses the Bible as a weapon to try to control people and we need to stop following his example. We need to slow down and listen before typing.

You're so right Shel, the Holy Spirit doesn't even get mentioned outside of this forum I've noticed, almost as if mentioning 'God' is discouraged, but mentioning the Holy Spirit is downright embarrassing for some people! Like we should be ashamed. The only thing I can say is that it's all biblical, how we would be 'persecuted' for our faith in one or another, as Christ was.