• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1964

Ty for replies. Im enlightened. ..now if my scale would follow suit hahaha ;)

Edited by Lilylove1111
Done with research

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

36 minutes ago, Lilylove1111 said:

If Christ is the only way to heaven...then do these things matter and or hinder True salvation?

Christ is the only want to heaven......   that means he and only he makes that decision......   not us.

We have been told if we do certain things and mean them that we "will" go to heaven, but he still makes those decisions no matter what we do.

Tyvm

Edited by Lilylove1111
Voice text errors a plenty

Guest Teditis

Ask a Catholic if they confess that Jesus is their personal Lord and Savior and if they believe that He is the only way to Salvation.... most will tell you, "Yes!"

All set tyvm

Edited by Lilylove1111

Guest Teditis

No, that's not quite accurate.... it's the Mormons and JW who admit the Jesus is something other than God the Son.

They don't recognize His deity... Catholics do.

So I say YES!! Catholics are Born-Again, Spirit-Filled Believers. Though they do "add" to the Gospel of Salvation... they obey it's basic tenants.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.08

2 hours ago, Teditis said:

Ask a Catholic if they confess that Jesus is their personal Lord and Savior and if they believe that He is the only way to Salvation.... most will tell you, "Yes!"

I agree.  You and I have had a very detailed discussion about this matter on another thread.  Your simple answer is one I can totally agree with.  "Yes!"  And I'll leave it like that.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

"Christian is my name, and Catholic my surname. The one designates me, while the other makes me specific. Thus am I attested and set apart... When we are called Catholics it is by this appellation that our people are kept apart from any heretical name."  -----Saint Pacian of Barcelona, Letter to Sympronian, 375 A.D..

Well said St. Pacian!

Peace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, Teditis said:

Then how will they explain the NECESSITY of sacraments for salvation? Because that is what the Catechism teaches.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

Then how will they explain the NECESSITY of sacraments for salvation? Because that is what the Catechism teaches.

Quite an interesting statement Erza. You claiming to be a former Catholic, and also claiming by being so, that you are well versed in Catholicism, should know that all sacraments derive their power from Jesus. We don't rely on sacraments "instead of " Jesus; rather, we rely on Jesus, Who acts THROUGH the sacraments which He instituted. Even my ten y.o. grandson knows that!

Do you also know what it says in Dominus lesus, (22)? (probably not, so I'll post it for ya)

"Indeed, the Church, guided by charity and respect for freedom, must be primarily committed to proclaiming to all people the truth definitively revealed by the Lord, and to announcing the necessity of conversion to Jesus Christ and of adherence to the Church through Baptism and the other sacraments, in order to participate fully in communion with God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Thus, the certainty of the universal salvific will of God does not diminish, but rather increases the duty and urgency of the proclamation of salvation and of conversion to the Lord Jesus Christ."

You should also know in the Lumen Gentium (again, maybe not) it says:

7. "In the human nature united to Himself the Son of God, by overcoming death through His own death and resurrection, redeemed man and re-molded him into a new creation.(50) By communicating His Spirit, Christ made His brothers, called together from all nations, mystically the components of His own Body.

In that Body the life of Christ is poured into the believers who, through the sacraments, are united in a hidden and real way to Christ who suffered and was glorified.(6*) Through Baptism we are formed in the likeness of Christ: "For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body".(51) In this sacred rite a oneness with Christ's death and resurrection is both symbolized and brought about: "For we were buried with Him by means of Baptism into death"; and if "we have been united with Him in the likeness of His death, we shall be so in the likeness of His resurrection also".(52) Really partaking of the body of the Lord in the breaking of the Eucharistic bread, we are taken up into communion with Him and with one another. "Because the bread is one, we though many, are one body, all of us who partake of the one bread".(53) In this way all of us are made members of His Body,(54) "but severally members one of another".(55)

50 Cf. Gal. 6:15; 2 Cor. 5:17.

51 1 Cor. 12:13.

52 Rom. 6:15.

53 1 Cor. 10:17.

54 Cf. 1 Cor 12:27.

55 Rom. 12:5.

Peace