• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

On 11/14/2016 at 8:53 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Hi, I was asked if I would conduct a Bible study at my local church in a few weeks, and I can choose the topic. I am thinking that it will be double faceted, but one aspect will examine why God does certain things, certain ways.

This is generally, not a question I answer as often as I hear it asked. I often respond that in many cases, the Bible just does not tell us, and in such cases, it can be dangerous to speculate.

Here though, is what I would like to ask of you. What questions have you heard, or wondered, that begin with "Why did God . . .?" or "Why does God . . .?"  (and maybe even "Why will God . . .?)

I know a very common one is "Why does God allow suffering?"

I would like to know a variety of questions that begin this way, to get an idea of what they are, and how commonly they are wondered about.

If you reply, it is not my goal to give any answers, it is just my goal to gauge what common questions might be. 

So, if you are willing, pose some "why God" questions. It does not matter if the question are things you wonder, or things you have heard others wondering about. If you see that others have already provided such questions, it is okay to provide it again, as it helps me to get an idea how common some questions are.

Thank you all for considering this and participating.

One I have often heard is

Why did God allow all the killing when they came out of Egypt?

I personally think Deuteronomy 7 answers this.but many do not see the answer.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

7 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Yeah, had to look into that, and found a youtuve video unter the title of Sundown Naturals | Shmorange | Baby , a bit different spelling though!

yeah I misspelled it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Thank you emdie, sorry I did not reply sooner.

Not a problem Omega, I'm sure you'll tell us how it went.

On being silly, it happens to us all. I think it's because we're stuck in ill-lit rooms, like wizened moles with not much chance of seeing daylight for hours.... reading post after post and then answering them. It's a great way to get God's Word across but it doesn't do much for our lives outdoors. I say be silly and be proud, or at least that's always been my motto (or my excuse, one or the other). :35:

Love,

Emily 

Guest BacKaran

Why would I believe I could question God about anything? He's God !

I've learned it's all for His will and good pleasure and since He's worked in my life, I'm in no position to ask Him why about anything. Again, my tiny finite mind cannot behold the wonders and glories of God!?