Mea kakau

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Set him free and let it go . Bless him and set your selves free you carring this since 96 what a burden set him free please. I have people never paid me. I let them go. amnd I also let me die like I am supposed to at the same time. Give him your tunic aswell. Loan him more tools.

@emdie We have not got the right to be hurt. That is not scripture sorry. We are here to love and nothing else. Do a frozen and let it go. Thats scripture forgive. Taking money telling how hurt you are is only spreading more hurt. That is not scriptural

Edited by full goespel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Luk 6:30  Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back.  Luk 6:31  And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.  Luk 6:32  "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. Luk 6:33  And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. Luk 6:34  And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back.

Luk 6:35  But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.  Luk 6:36  Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

This Scripture is a hard one, but it is truth.  When we lend to our adult children we don't expect them to pay it back but are grateful when they do.  Often we incorporate it in a birthday  or Christmas gift so they don't feel bad.  But it would be much harder in regards to a pastor.

My suggestion would be to give him a Christmas Card saying "Amount forgiven for tools lended.  God bless you this Christmas, since He freely gave His only Son and forgave us our debts by His blood. " 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

On 11/16/2016 at 9:52 PM, Mea kakau said:

Not certain if this topic belongs here.

A Christian brother owes my husband and I money for equipment he borrowed and subsequently got stolen out of his van. This man has repeatedly told us he would take care of it and pay us for the stolen equipment. This has gone on (on and off contacting us) now since 1996. Now I wonder, in the back of my mind, did he ever intend to pay us back. Every time I contact him he has either forgotten about it or says he will pay us soon.

I'm confused about what to do in this situation. I've prayed about it. I prayed for the man. I've called him and talked about it. And it's the same story again and again. "I'll pay you in a month or so." Never happens.

The man is a part time pastor at a well-known church in his city. He used our equipment to start a ministry and a business. Both are successful. So money isn't a problem.

20 years ago!  Let it go, it would have been spent long ago anyway even if he did pay you back on time.  Or continue to get upset and you may never see the money owed you.  Or go to the church and challenge him in front of the congregation. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I would take the Issue to the Elders of this mans church.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

After reading everything you all wrote and discovering this man owes a company nearly 100 times more than he owes me, I've completely let this go of this debt and decided to not contact the man's senior pastor.

• 1 month later...

Well, I am pleased to give all of those who responded to this topic a praise report.

My Christian brother who owes me the money just called me and stated that he's sending me the money ASAP. He apologized for not paying the debt in a timely manner. He told me he had intended to pay it, but had forgotten about it and that he never had the money. He does now.

Wow! Praise God!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Good news. Update us when the money arrives. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Reminds me of two sisters, twins in their early nineties that had not spoken to each other except to haggle over a debt of $600 from back when they were 26 years old. One had borrowed from the other, signed a piece of paper an actual loan document, but never paid a dime on it.

Both at age 93 ended up living in the household of  my uncle, yet they would not speak a word to each other. We would sit at the dinner table, they both would chat with each of us, but never mention the other, never look at the other, and never talk to each other, ever!

My uncle finally found out the why of that, and the one sister pulled her loan agreement of the place she had stored it all those decades- yep she pulled it out of her Bible. She told my uncle, "Figure the interest she owes me plus the $600". Over several hours of time he calculated the loan  by hand for her to see and agree to as being accurate for her, compounding interest and all. He came up with a total (which was quite the sum) and shared at the dinner table with the two of them the total.

Since that total exceeded the total assets of the debter sister, he offered a compromise total which was accepted, and the one sister paid the other. Receipt  acknowledged, they spoke directly to each other for the first time in  over sixty years.

And yes the one holding the loan document had plenty enough for herself, while the one that owed the debt had very little by comparison. They talked at the dinner table, even looked at each other. And they both soon died. Hey, they were 93. True story, I was there.

And the best part of the story is. I learned as I visited and ate there, not to lend as well as not to demand payment, instead if led give where there is request for help, and if not led, say "No". For the consequence  of lending is a cold heart as the lender,  and harsh guilt as the debtor. Neither are worth the time invested in the energy that will be lost worrying about a debt whether owed or owned. 

In the recent past, my mother asked me should she loan  her nephew some money for a down payment on a used travel trailer so that they would have a place to live? I counseled her; No, instead give him all that  he needs for the total cost  of the trailer, if she decides to do anything. Not a loan, just give him the total needed, so that he and his wife are secure, not owing anyone foe the trailer.

She did pay for the trailer,a simple gift, and they too  both died  not long after of their prolonged illnesses. And my mother lives on not concerned about  an unpaid debt, but instead comforted  knowing that they had a warm place to live as they  suffered the final indignaties of approaching death with it's serious illnesses. 

When "lending" any tool, toy, money, whatever, consider it gone, and forgotten- until and if it comes home again, then consider it a pleasant surprise of that day.

Edited by Neighbor

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your prayers.

We received the check yesterday as promised.

Thank you Lord!