• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

The message from the "angel" and from "Mary" at Fatima is in direct and polar opposition to the Bible.  Since the message at Fatima and the message of the Bible cannot both be true, one is a lie.  

The clear and unmistakable message of Fatima is that Mary saves and Mary is the mediator between man and God and that our sins are offenses against Mary's sinless heart.

Read below and decide for yourself.  See if this message is not a lie when compared with what the Bible teaches.

The message is two-fold:

[1] God and Jesus are unhappy with the sins of mankind. This part is TRUE! But the devil is really adept at mixing the truth with lies – bending the truth – putting his spin on it and thereby deceiving the hearts of countless millions of people. He did it in the Bible over and over again. A little truth – a lot of lies.

[2] The way to salvation is through devotion to the Imaculate [sinless] Heart of Mary and through mankind sacrificing for others and through reparations.

Hear what the "angel" and "Mary" actually said.

• "Pray the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary to obtain peace in the world . . . for she alone can save it." ("Mary")
  • "Jesus wishes to establish devotion to my Immaculate Heart in the world. I promise salvation to those who embrace it and their souls will be loved by God as flowers placed by me before His throne." ("Mary")
  • "Sacrifice yourselves for sinners and say often whenever you make a sacrifice: 'O Jesus, it is for love of You, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.' " ("Mary")
  • "Pray much and make sacrifices for sinners, for many souls go to hell because there is no one to make sacrifices for them." ("Mary")
  • "I will never leave you, my Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the way that will lead you to God."("Mary")
  • "Have pity on the Heart of your most Holy Mother. It is covered with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment, and there is no one to remove them with an act of reparation." ("Mary")
  • "Our Lady can no longer uphold the arm of Her Divine Son which will strike the world. If people amend their lives, Our Lord will even now save the world, but if they do not, punishment will come. " ("Mary")
  • "My daughter, look at my Heart encircled with the thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. Do you at least try to console me and announce in my name that I promise to assist at the hour of death with the graces necessary for salvation all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, go to Confession and receive Holy Communion, recite the Rosary and keep me company for 15 minutes while meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary with the intention of making reparation to me." ("Mary")
  • "Offer up everything in your power as a sacrifice to the Lord in reparation for the sins by which He is offended, and in supplication for the conversion of sinners . . . More than all else, accept and bear with resignation the sufferings that God may send you." (The “angel”) The sacrifice for sins has already been made and that was on the cross. We can make no such sacrifices or reparations for anyone.
  • "The Hearts of Jesus and Mary have designs of mercy for you. Offer unceasingly to the Most High prayer and sacrifices." (The “angel”)

Col. 1:24
Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions (St. Paul).

Exod. 20:12
"Honor your father and your mother (GOD).

On 11/17/2016 at 7:50 AM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Avoid Divisions (Romans 16:18-20)

…18 For such as these are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive. 19 Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice over you. But I want you to be wise about what is good and innocent about what is evil. 20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.… [Berean Study Bible]

Hmmmmm . . . there are almost 50,000 disjointed, perpetually-splintering Protestant "divisions" - ALL teaching different doctrines and ALL claiming to have the "truth".

Go figure . . .

On 11/17/2016 at 7:59 AM, BacKaran said:

My mom was into padre pio and the Fatima Mary.

All Marian visions are false imho.

And you know what they say about opinions . . .

On 11/17/2016 at 8:16 AM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

The list of Marian visions is quite staggering.  But wouldn't that be something Satan might do to take glory away from The Father and His Son, the Messiah?  I agree with you.  As for the healings, not everyone is healed; I wonder what the percent is? 

The human mind is a wondrous piece of creation.  It can also short circuit creating wonderful illusions outside of our normal dream world.  I have a strange form of epilepsy developed late in life.  I smell things that aren't there.  Hideous, horrible smells that cause me to search for their origin, only to have them go away unfound.  My neurologist has traced the origin of these smells (and they're all similar) to a section of my brain controlling my sense of smell.  I'm now on a low dose of an anti-epileptic med called Keppra, and have been for nearly 5 years.  The few seizures of had since have been mild, all smelling like the dust from a furnace duct on fire.  Very tolerable.

If something like that could happen to me,  couldn't there be another cause for all these apparitions?  The people seeing these visions could be innocent victims, or useful tools for Satan and his lackeys.

That's funny because EVERY Marian apparition points to people to Jesus - without exception.
Being His #1 enemy - Satan would never point people to Jesus.

On 11/17/2016 at 11:38 AM, Willa said:

I continually go back to basing all doctrine on God's Word, the 66 books of the Bible.  So I reject doctrine not found there.  

Ummmmm, there are 72 Books in the Bible.
Just out of curiosity - can you tell me where you got YOUR canon of Scripture?

In fact - this is an open question to ALL non-Catholics . . .

On 12/2/2016 at 9:24 AM, BacKaran said:

So - YOU don't believe in spiritual warfare or that demons exist??
You believe that the demonsJesus cast out of people were just afigment of His imagination?

You infer alot from what was never said.

List other exorcisms from other religions besides like voodoo witches and such. I don't recall hearing exorcisms from Lutherans, , Baptists,Presbyterians or protestants, just the rcc.

It's very interesting you don't answer the question, you just deflect with another question.

No - I simply take you at your word.

As for  exorcisms, let's see . . .
Jesus Christ performed exorcisms.
The Apostles  perform exorcisms.
Pentecostals perform exorcisms.
Anglicans  perform exorcisms.
Southern Baptists perform exorcisms.
Mennonites perform exorcisms.
Methodists perform exorcisms.
Oriental Orthodox perform exorcisms.
Eastern Orthodox perform exorcisms.
And the list goes on . . .

Fundamentalists and other Evangelical Christians exhibit a wide range of beliefs concerning demon possession and exorcism. But MOST share certain basic beliefs:
-  Like Roman Catholics, MOST believe that the passages about demons in the New Testament are accurate descriptions of the power and activity of evil spirits. This belief is derived from the concept that God inspired the authors of the Bible to write text that is free of error.

-  Satan and his hordes of demonic followers are believed to be living entities who roam around the world looking for people to torment and destroy.

-  Many view Satanic forces as playing a major role in individuals' lives today. Books in Christian bookstores and programs on Christian radio and TV frequently refer to demonic influences, and warn believers to be continuously on guard.

The REAL question here is:  If Jesus, the Apostles, the Catholic Church and hundreds of denominations believe in the reality of demonic possession - why don't YOU??

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

Ummmmm, there are 72 Books in the Bible.
Just out of curiosity - can you tell me where you got YOUR canon of Scripture?

In fact - this is an open question to ALL non-Catholics . . .

Good luck R.P.  Before you came onboard, I've asked this same question time and time again, and as of yet, not one non-Catholic has been willing to answer Scripturally or historically. My guess is they did do some research, (and to their surprise) that led them directly to the Catholic Church, which as you and I both know, and history proves was...... "The only game in town"  :)

Pax tecum

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The statement of faith of this forum adheres to the 66 books of the Masoretic Text that was in use in the Temple at the time of Jesus.  New archeological evidence substantiates this.  This Hebrew text is the one I subscribe to.  

11 minutes ago, Willa said:

The statement of faith of this forum adheres to the 66 books of the Masoretic Text that was in use in the Temple at the time of Jesus.  New archeological evidence substantiates this.  This Hebrew text is the one I subscribe to.  

Hmmmm, interesting.

You should be concerned then, as to why Jesus and the NT writers used references, allusions and flat-out quotes from the Deuterocanonical Dooks in the Septuagint well over 150 times in the New Testament.  This is clear evidence they they ALL studied from this source.  

It should ALSO concern you that the Jewish Canon of Scripture was OPEN during Jesus's lifetime and was only closed AFTER His Death, Resurrection and Ascension into Heaven and AFTER the destruction of the Temple in AD 70.

The plain fact of the matter is that you hold to a Post Christ, Post Temple Canon of Scripture from a Rabbinical school who ejected 7 Books because of their influence on the Hellenized Jews and were leading them into Christianity.

So, again I ask you:  Can you tell me where you got YOUR canon of Scripture?

Guest BacKaran

Hi RP 

I do believe in demonic oppression and possession of UN saved people, like the rcc. 

As previously said on this thread, it's the unsaved who get possessed, not the saved.

So my question was if the rcc claims people are saved at infant baptism, why is the rcc have a need for doing exorcisms within its own church? They shouldn't in their membership as all are saved at birth, right?