• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1967

Hello (again) Worthy peeps. It's been a few years...So here's my question (and one of the greater issues I had to deal with as I was being "sifted" and God growing me up in my relationship with Him).

The Word tells us that when praying we should:

Believe and it will be given to us (Mark 11:24, Matt 21:22, Luke 11:1-13 as some examples)
--additionally Jesus admonishes the reason our petitions are not answered is due unbelief. (i.e., Mark 6:6, Matt 13:58, John 14:14 and 15:7

But then, we are also to pray according to God's will (i.e., Matt 26:39, 1 John 5:14)

I have been praying and petitioning a long-time request to God, but no clear answer yet. During the last few of being sifted, I was also told "prophetic words of knowledge" that turned out be a complete lie, which I believed was from God. (Yah, I get that whole "angel of light" thing, but that's another topic for another time). Now I am VERY skeptical of anyone coming to me with prophetic words and words of knowledge.

Here's my dilemma. I don't want to continue praying for something that might not be God's will, causing me only to continue to deceive myself, nor do I want to give up IF it is God's will and then miss the answer/blessing.

So. How do I reconcile continuing to make my petition in belief, if in the back of my mind I'm wondering that it may not be God's will, thereby prolonging needless suffering in my heart? ...And does this make me double-minded; that my requests will not be heard? (James 4:8)

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance. I am praying for wisdom in this matter, and to resolve in my heart what to do.

Edited by Rare Bird

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,096
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Rare Bird.....

I'm not sure how you mean it that you get the whole "angel of light" thing......perhaps in regards to the one who  prophesied that you mentioned?It is difficult to be helpful if the Q & A as it is not a discussion Forum and so my answer may or not be a good one-lol    But that's okay,I'm not motivated by the 'Best Answer" but I am moved by your concerns

Any time I have ever prayed for an answer & thought I didn't get one I was completely wrong,9 times out of 10 I Received the Answer only I was not listening & usually,I got the answer more than once    But for those times I really did not get an Answer I understood that to be my answer,realizing that I was most likely asking the wrong question or for the wrong thing(result)......What I've learned from my experience is that I need to ask my Lord what I should be praying & to show me thhe desires of my heart because it is possible they are not what they ought to be......every time God has Revealed to me my own heart in these situations,I knew just what to do,pray He change them,I pray the Heart & Mind of Christ.....

I hope that helps & I pray you find your answer,I look forward to talking with you next time,perhaps in the "Have a Problem,Need Advice" Forum where we can have a discussion                                                               With love-in Christ<Kwik

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

When Jesus prayed at Gethsemane  He prayed that this cup pass from him, nevertheless not my will done but thine.   

Corrie tenBoom prayed for the salvation of a neighbor; she found out forty years later that he had been just saved.  God's timing is not always ours.  

Pray according to the stated will of God in Scripture.

I agree with Kwik.  Sometimes we don't like the answer we get so we ignore it.  

God's answers may be yes, or no, or wait.

Remember that prayers concerning other people involve their will. 

God wants what is best for us.  

Regarding personal prophecy:  know the person and their track record.  

We are told to test the spirits and judge the prophecy.  What does the Bible have to say about what was said?

I find it most useful when it confirms something God has already told me.

Did the prophecy involve wealth?  Any promise of riches may not be from God.

I am very wary of "God told me to tell you" messages.  They have most often been attacks of the enemy in my life.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Answer simply is... "No." is just as much an answer from God as" Yes."

It's God's kingdom, he should worry.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

Here's my "dilemma".

I don' want to continue praying for something that might not be God's will, causing me only to continue to deceive myself,

nor do I want to give up IF it is God's will and then miss the answer/blessing.

I would say that your faith is wavering and perhaps it is about to be shipwrecked in this matter.  You want to give up praying completely on one hand and on the other hand you don't want to give up and miss the answer/blessing you've been praying for.  I can see the struggle you are having as you are being worn down in your faith to continue believing until God answers.  One thing for sure doubt has no place with faith they are opposite of one another.  Now faith is the "Substance" (the very "thing" we are believing about) of things hoped for the "EVIDENCE" (the physical proof) of things not seen.  

Not knowing what your personal prayer request is, I can't offer any advice or answers to you to whether or not your petition are in the will of God or if your prayer is amiss (out of the will of God).  But I know that before our faith is manifested in the natural realm with the very evidence of what we were believing for it was already there for us in the spiritual realm.  The hardest thing for us is the waiting in faith or in the anticipation of something we are believing for to come and we loose faith and give up.

So.  How do I reconcile continuing to make my petition in belief, if in the back of my mind I'm wondering that it may not be God's will, thereby prolonging needless suffering in my heart?...And does this make me double-minded; that my requests will not be heard?  (James 4:8) 

I would say that as long as you currently are not sure if what you are believing for is the will of God then you will continue to have doubt concerning your petition and be double-minded in your faith.  You will continue to sway and swerve in your faith until you determine if what you are wanting is what God wants for you to have or not.  Again not knowing the nature of your petition I can't offer any scriptural advice (God's Will) on it being God's will or not his will.  You have to give yourself to heart search on the matter because as long as you do not know your prayer request is amiss out of God's will then your faith will not be strong. However knowing if your request is the will of God will increase your faith that much the more.  So you need to find this out.

Any insight would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.  I am praying for wisdom in this matter, and to resolve in my heart what to do.

I personally prayed myself for what God's wisdom was for four years straight before I got my answer and it was in Deuteronomy 4.

Know what the will of the Lord is, and Don't give up.