• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Jayne said:

You didn't read my post past the second sentence, did you.

I read and yes you go a long way in the right direction. But He needs set free. and most people never saw that or done it or tried it for that matter. What hes doing is demonic. Set free then you can stay with him safely. And full forgiveness is restored to your" bosom buddy" Time setting is not on with Jesus. Same with us. I will finnish with saying thanks for you post and heart. Just a little futher to go in both understanding who we are in Christ and what is under us. satan is there and beaten for us to continue crushing until all Christ enemys are His footstoll. He wont be back until that is complete. and who do you think is called to send them there. Us in His name.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 11/20/2016 at 1:51 PM, creativemechanic said:

That we forgive is not in question at all. But my issue is how far does this forgiveness go in terms of how you relate to the person.

I had a couple of situations where people I considered friends made their opinionsof me known  openly and very embarrassingly. So mentally I cut them off. If they need my help, I'll help them, I'll also be civil to them. I don't think I hate them or hold a grudge and prayed that God not let me do so. But the supposed friendship is no where near the same. I won't try to be friendly or go out to interact with them as I once would. I'm wondering if this is right or christianlike

You have no Christian Duty to be a doormat.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 11/20/2016 at 2:14 PM, Jayne said:

Forgiving people MUST go the full distance to it's fullest degree ...... but forgiveness doesn't always mean that you are bosom buddies once again.  Forgiving people just means that you don't hold what they did to you in account against them.  It's what Christ did for us.  We must forgive as he forgave.  And that's hard.  But we must.  And sometimes even though forgiveness is given - consequences are such that relationships are not easily restored and maybe never restored.

Our forgiving people has nothing to do with their paying a consequence.  We forgive whether they pay a consequence or not.

If a husband/father sexually abuses his child, the wife/mother and the child will have to come to the point of forgiveness someday - even for their own sanity - , but that does NOT mean that reconciliation is required or that they ever have to see him again. 

My uncle was held in his home at gunpoint - tied to a chair -  and robbed.  He has forgiven that young man - who is a distant cousin and is 24 years old.  We all have.  But we won't be in a happy-go-lucky relationship with him anymore like when he was a boy.  He is a dangerous young man who cannot stay out of trouble and his actions get progressively worse.  He frightens me.  I  have forgiven him and pray for his salvation, but he will not be in any of our families homes any time soon and we all hope that he will be going to jail after the hearing.  He's robbed people at gunpoint in another state as a minor and all they did was to tell him he wasn't allowed back in that state.

Forgiveness is imperative - it's part of the healing process for the victim who is in pain.  But consequences sometimes are such that what's broken cannot and sometimes should not be restored or at least not right away.

You may PERSONALLY forgive a murderer but the Community MUST send them to the gallows. Christian forgiveness is not a get Out of Jail Free card for the depraved.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 11/20/2016 at 5:51 PM, creativemechanic said:

That we forgive is not in question at all. But my issue is how far does this forgiveness go in terms of how you relate to the person.

“Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.” (Matthew 18.21,22).

When we prosecute or desire evil to somebody, even if we are right, we are, in essence, ministering the lie. As one is only freed when truth is manifest (John 8:32) (namely, the truth which is real in us and which the neighbor needs to hear and see), such a posture only leaves the individual even more trapped in the evil within him. That is, because of the misery that has taken hold of our hearts for we expect in Christ only in the things of this world (1 Cor. 15:19), many individuals have left our presence with even greater faith in the power of the wickedness.

By the way, the reason that two individuals do not agree is precisely because the truth was not manifest. Otherwise the darkness would be cast out (2Cor 6:14-18) or enlightened (we can’t forget that Jesus is the truth - John 14:6), both parties coming to feel and think the same thing (1Cor 1:10). We cannot forget our role of being the light of the world (Matt 5:14-16) in Christ (John 8:12; 9:5).

The Favor of the Eternal teaches us that we must pay for the evil that the other has done. I know this sounds strange, since the Holy Scripture says that the soul that sins will die (Eze 8.4,20). Especially considering that:

"He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD." (Proverbs 17:15).

But think, is not this what the Lord has done for us? We have sinned, but Jesus died. Hence you see how the way of the Eternal exercising justice is different from ours. Jesus received the punishment that was for us (Isa 53:4-6) so that we could trust Him to the point of condemning our ego to death and thus He could live in us. That is, instead of living alone in His body, Jesus preferred to give all the wealth of this world in exchange for living in the eternal tabernacles of those who believed in Him (see Luke 16.9).

This is what Jesus did and commanded us: to make of His life our drink and His body mistreated by sinners our food (John 6:51-57; 1Peter 2:21-24), just as we love exactly this way that He loved us (John 13:34-35), that we would live by Him (1 John 4:9), that we would do the same works (John 14:12, 1 John 2: 6). For example:

"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots." (Luke 23:34).

May Jesus help us to see the privilege of forgiveness.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,029
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

70x7=490 times, and there are a couple of people in the world that I'm keeping count.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,517
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

God has not told us to park our brain at the altar as we pray for our enemies.

So using our brain how do we each interpret for our own application the guidance and command within Matthew 5?

excerpt: "Love Your Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Each saint must attempt their own application as they pray, think, and read the scriptures, for guidance. As each has their own gifts from God, each will find different best answers, some to martyrdom even, but for most not to such an extreme. For the gifts are not given from God equally to all..

Edited by Neighbor

Guest BacKaran

As Stephen said being lead to his death... Father, forgive then for they know not what they do.....

And a man's life was transformed from that event, Paul. How can I not forgive the lost? I myself was lost for decades, just as they are.

Praises to God that I only need to please Him and not man.

Guest Teditis

Jesus forgave people that didn't show remorse or ask for forgiveness...

He also said to Love our enemies.... that would require action too.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,017
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 Corinthians 10:3 (KJV)

[3] For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

Galatians 5:16 (KJV)

[16] This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Galatians 5:25 (KJV)

[25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

It is a journey of individual proportions and that which is most important to us will dictate our (responses / direction) in said journey... focus of eternal things verses that which passes away aid us in perspective-> flesh can only demand the immediate; however s/Spirit is not pressed in time or created substance giving us the mind of God in reasoning each situtation to a God like response...
Love, Steven 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

7 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

“Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.” (Matthew 18.21,22).

When we prosecute or desire evil to somebody, even if we are right, we are, in essence, ministering the lie. As one is only freed when truth is manifest (John 8:32) (namely, the truth which is real in us and which the neighbor needs to hear and see), such a posture only leaves the individual even more trapped in the evil within him. That is, because of the misery that has taken hold of our hearts for we expect in Christ only in the things of this world (1 Cor. 15:19), many individuals have left our presence with even greater faith in the power of the wickedness.

By the way, the reason that two individuals do not agree is precisely because the truth was not manifest. Otherwise the darkness would be cast out (2Cor 6:14-18) or enlightened (we can’t forget that Jesus is the truth - John 14:6), both parties coming to feel and think the same thing (1Cor 1:10). We cannot forget our role of being the light of the world (Matt 5:14-16) in Christ (John 8:12; 9:5).

The Favor of the Eternal teaches us that we must pay for the evil that the other has done. I know this sounds strange, since the Holy Scripture says that the soul that sins will die (Eze 8.4,20). Especially considering that:

"He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD." (Proverbs 17:15).

But think, is not this what the Lord has done for us? We have sinned, but Jesus died. Hence you see how the way of the Eternal exercising justice is different from ours. Jesus received the punishment that was for us (Isa 53:4-6) so that we could trust Him to the point of condemning our ego to death and thus He could live in us. That is, instead of living alone in His body, Jesus preferred to give all the wealth of this world in exchange for living in the eternal tabernacles of those who believed in Him (see Luke 16.9).

This is what Jesus did and commanded us: to make of His life our drink and His body mistreated by sinners our food (John 6:51-57; 1Peter 2:21-24), just as we love exactly this way that He loved us (John 13:34-35), that we would live by Him (1 John 4:9), that we would do the same works (John 14:12, 1 John 2: 6). For example:

"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots." (Luke 23:34).

May Jesus help us to see the privilege of forgiveness.

You know 77x7 does not seem like a lot of times to forgive someone ...but 539 times does!!

We should always remember that the forgiving is for "us" and our emotional and mental wellbeing. The other person may not realize he has offended you, but you do even though you tell him that you forgive him. 

He may laugh because he does not see his wrong though you are offended.

Forgiving is always for the health of the one wronged.