warrior12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Make America Great Again was president elect Mr. Donald Trump theme in his campaign for his presidency .    

1. What made America Great previously ?

2. What would it take to make America great again.?

Would it be, the population turning to the christian faith.   

would it be the nation as a whole turning back to moral values or would it mean trade restrictions with imports -exports and border security.  Or would it be a resurgence of military spending.   

Looking to see some of the things that the voters have in mind that is from both a secular and christian point of view.  

Edit...My sincere apologies for not addressing Mr. Trump as "president elect" and also his full name and also to correct what may have been seen as disrespectful of him.  I have now corrected that. thanks for your patience.

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

"Make America Great Again?" to tell you the truth I thought this might be ok right after the election. But so far I am not impressed with the previews or the trailer. Let's all get out our popcorn for the real show after January 20th. Popcornbag.gifGod gives us a day at a time.We do not know what will happen before January 20th. It could be the rapture of the Church for all we know.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

12 hours ago, missmuffet said:

"Make America Great Again?" to tell you the truth I thought this might be ok right after the election. But so far I am not impressed with the previews or the trailer. Let's all get out our popcorn for the real show after January 20th. Popcornbag.gifGod gives us a day at a time.We do not know what will happen before January 20th. It could be the rapture of the Church for all we know.

LOL wise and with humor....politicians lie, will say all kinds of things to get in.  People said the Trump was an outsider, never believed that at all.  Yet there is still hope and he is better than Hilary, how much, well I will get some popcorn and join you....want a coke?

Peace

Mark :cool:

13 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Make America Great Again was Trump theme in his campaign for his presidency .    

1. What made America Great previously ?

2. What would it take to make America great again.?

Would it be, the population turning to the christian faith.   

would it be the nation as a whole turning back to moral values or would it mean trade restrictions with imports -exports and border security.  Or would it be a resurgence of military spending.   

Looking to see some of the things that the voters have in mind that is from both a secular and christian point of view.  

Nations rise and fall, our days as a superpower may be over.  I do believe that as long as our capitalistic system is based on pure greed with no thought of consequences, then we will continue to decline.  Hopefully I am wrong, but we can't go back and the days when European based population was the norm will soon be past.  So if we are to become great again we have to learn to embrace change, radical change in how our culture looks.  Ask me in 50 years, I will be 118 and may gladly say I was wrong.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

28 minutes ago, markdohle said:

Nations rise and fall, our days as a superpower may be over.  I do believe that as long as our capitalistic system is based on pure greed with no thought of consequences, then we will continue to decline.  Hopefully I am wrong, but we can't go back and the days when European based population was the norm will soon be past.  So if we are to become great again we have to learn to embrace change, radical change in how our culture looks.  Ask me in 50 years, I will be 118 and may gladly say I was wrong.  

Cultural change to what?  The far right ideals?  I hope that never happens.

Guest Teditis
34 minutes ago, markdohle said:

Amen... spot on!

5 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Cultural change to what?  The far right ideals?  I hope that never happens.

I don't like the far right nor the far left, both are anti-christian I believe.  in any case one thing that needs to be understood is that in the near future, what we consider American culture will still be here, but perhaps a larger minority.  This also goes for the acceptance of other religions.  In Atlanta we have Hindu Temples and Mosques and with freedom of religion as well as freedom from religion we will have to adapt to that as well.  History moves forward, can't go back, nor should we.  If we want to share our faith and have others listen to us, then we mush allow them to share their faith with us as well.  If we are open to them, they may be more open to here the good news of Jesus Christ. 

In any case, I do not consider other religions demonic but filled with many who seek God and when talking with them I can see that.  Open hearten people, who love others and treat those around them with love and concern.......as Jesus said "those who are not against us are for us". 

Peace
Mark

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

I usually try to stay away from politics but the title makes me question when was America great?  Do we have a specific time period that we can say it was great for all Americans?  And also I'm wondering (like the original poster) how we're going to get back to that time period of greatness.  This Sabbath after service my pastor and I were speaking and I asked him what he thought about the statement.  He is an African American gentleman about 69 years old.  He said(I'm paraphrasing) you have to understand that times are changing and as much as people want it to get better it won't because the Lord Jesus is soon to come.  50 or 60 years ago, a person could complete high school and get a job in a warehouse/factory and be a part of the middle class with ease.  As time has progressed and information increased, we've moved into a technological society where your college degree is basically the equivalent of  a high school diploma.  So for those who are looking to get a good job straight out of high school and start a family with a home...it's not happening and that's not good news for the majority.  Then you have the combination of minorities getting multiple degrees along with everyone else and its still tough to get a good job.  Add on to that all of the things that went on during this current administration and you've got a formula for chaos and its just a matter of when.  So I'm claiming 1 Timothy 2:1-5 with our new president and his cabinet.  Not expecting that any man or woman can "make America great again", and pressing forward because there is a joy in knowing that in spite of the downward spiral of this country there is a King that is coming and he will make all things right.  I plan on being there and making that Kingdom great again.  

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Ok folks, let's get serious here. You know what they say, after the honeymoon then the real marriage starts.   So lets have a decent serious discussion on some of the fundamentals that needs to be put in place that will see results .  Mr. Trump will be there for four years, what are some forward looking ideas that can lead to the people gaining confidence in the political system and governance of the USA.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,703
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I think if he keeps his promises to uphold the Constitution, especially the first and second amendments, and work hard to secure our borders and increase jobs, it will be a good stepping stone. But, in reality the only way to make America truly great again, is to bring God back.