Sign in to follow this  
Remnantrob

Special K loaf (vegetarian dish)

Hey guys,

During thanksgiving in many sda homes you don't have the luxury of a turkey or any meat for that matter.  And while a bunch of sides can be satisfying, sometimes a savory dish can help those pleasure hormones go off in the body. And if you're looking for a meatless option for thanksgiving just to change things up here's a popular recipe. It's very basic and different sda's have different things they add or take out(butter/eggs for tofu) but this for the most part constitutes the main ingredients. If you try it and you like it, please post pictures and let me know.  

5 c. Special K cereal
5 eggs, beaten
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 lg. carton cottage cheese
2 tbsp. McKay chicken seasoning or onion soup mix
1 lg. onion, chopped
Chopped celery, if desired

Saute onion in 1/4 cube butter. Mix all ingredients together and turn into oiled loaf pan. Bake 45 minutes. Freezes well. To serve after freezing, reheat in oven 20 minutes.

This actually looks not bad...:)

:blink: Instead of turkey?

On 2016-11-22 at 10:01 AM, Remnantrob said:

Hey guys,

During thanksgiving in many sda homes you don't have the luxury of a turkey or any meat for that matter.  And while a bunch of sides can be satisfying, sometimes a savory dish can help those pleasure hormones go off in the body. And if you're looking for a meatless option for thanksgiving just to change things up here's a popular recipe. It's very basic and different sda's have different things they add or take out(butter/eggs for tofu) but this for the most part constitutes the main ingredients. If you try it and you like it, please post pictures and let me know.  

5 c. Special K cereal
5 eggs, beaten
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 lg. carton cottage cheese
2 tbsp. McKay chicken seasoning or onion soup mix
1 lg. onion, chopped
Chopped celery, if desired

Saute onion in 1/4 cube butter. Mix all ingredients together and turn into oiled loaf pan. Bake 45 minutes. Freezes well. To serve after freezing, reheat in oven 20 minutes.

Thanks for sharing this recipe Remnantrob

Much appreciated .

Best wishes and a blessed thanks giving!

To Him be all the Glory!

in Christ Jesus;

Amen!Amen! Amen!

On 11/23/2016 at 1:51 PM, missmuffet said:

:blink: Instead of turkey?

Lol Yeah.  In a vegetarian home you may not find turkey or any meat for that matter.  They also have something called tofurkey but it's not something i like to promote because it's not one of my favorites.

Sign in to follow this