Walter and Deborah

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

other, I no longer have the desire to dissect scriptural meanings....but the Lord Jesus perfectly atoned viz.

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted,seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another:

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
    the whole earth is full of his glory.”

At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

“Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King,the Lord Almighty.”

Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”

He is our Sabbath

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

38 minutes ago, other one said:

No, I left the Baptist faith 30 years ago.

You said "As for Sunday worship, I don't know anyone who thinks that replaced the Sabbath."

I provided two out of a great many examples to expand that statement you made. I too am not a Baptist but I can find a great many examples of whole denominations affirming the Sabbath commandment yet declaring that it was edited to point to week-day-1 after the cross.

The Baptist Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
D.L. Moody, 
R.C Sproul, 
Matthew Henry, 
Thomas Watson
Eastern Orthodox Catechism
The Catholic Catechism

So while I am not affiliated with any of those groups - I do "know of them".

12 minutes ago, a tryer said:

other, I no longer have the desire to dissect scriptural meanings....but the Lord Jesus perfectly atoned viz. 

we have the "once for all" atoning sacrifice on the cross (Hebrews 10) and yet it is "still wrong" to take God's name in vain - Exodus 20:7

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

You said "As for Sunday worship, I don't know anyone who thinks that replaced the Sabbath."

I provided two out of a great many examples to expand that statement you made. I too am not a Baptist but I can find a great many examples of whole denominations affirming the Sabbath commandment yet declaring that it was edited to point to week-day-1 after the cross.

The Baptist Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
D.L. Moody, 
R.C Sproul, 
Matthew Henry, 
Thomas Watson
Eastern Orthodox Catechism
The Catholic Catechism

So while I am not affiliated with any of those groups - I do "know of them".

None of those are a single person.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

3 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

we have the "once for all" atoning sacrifice on the cross (Hebrews 10) and yet it is "still wrong" to take God's name in vain - Exodus 20:7

agree, new and old!

35 minutes ago, other one said:

I don't set aside any part of it either.  I just set my sights on spiritual things instead of the physical of the old covenant.  I have no desire to be Jewish or especially what they have turned Judaism into.

The old covenant did not lead to a secure eternal life.

You speak of the sabbath still being in force however it says no work can be done on that day however Jesus himself admitted to the Jewish people that both he and the Father were working.  So to take your stand on this I would have to say that Jesus committed a sin from working on the sabbath and we are all going to hell; so what does it matter.

Many of Christ's enemies accused him of sinning, of breaking the Commandments of God -

Christ denied it.

Some people side with Christ in that particular debate - as you and I both know.

In the NT "Sin IS transgression of the LAW" 1 John 3:4... I choose scripture on that point.

As for the New Covenant promise to the Jews - 

Let's read the New Covenant.

Hebrews 8

“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.

3 minutes ago, other one said:

None of those are a single person.

Well D.L. Moody, Andy Stanley and R.C. Sproul would have claimed to be "a single person" if someone should have asked them.

The statement of not knowing of any that take that position when in fact entire denominations do - by virtue of their own confessions of faith... denominations in that list that are not mine... just means that "I do know of them".

Edited by BobRyan

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

You can't say that he wasn't working on the sabbath for he admitted it......  so if the sabbath was still in effect then by working on the Sabbath and saying he did not sin he's a liar also.....  I just don't think he's a liar and I don't think the sabbath was/is in effect as a law we are to keep.  However Paul teaches that thit's perfectly okay if you want to do so but not ok for you to tell me that I must also.....   and I've spent hundreds of hours discussing this here for the past 14 or so years and always end with three same results.... hours and hours of typing and looking things up and three days a new thread starts and it's all to do over again....

Not worth the efforts.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Thanks Brother Bob,

I can see were you are coming from now, & see we are in agreement on most, even if we do not, I don't mind. I'm here to look at other points of view & add to conversations. I have recently learnt things & hope some of my additions direct some to passages that they may not of considered, And realize there is more than one way to look at a subject & see if it can harmonize & not conflict with other scripture. 

If one wants, one can constantly find scriptural support for a non truth, but their is only one truth that will harmonizes with all. I did not always understand the Seventh day sabbath & was & Sunday keeper most of my life. I am now in my mid 60's 

I decided many years ago to look into denominational differences. So I went to many different ones, each for a period of at least a year before making a judgement basing it on the bible & having study with them. I also had study with the Jehovah's Witnesses,  I thought I can't criticize what I don't know. All turned out to be a great blessing & there are so many loving Christians in all.  They all made me look at scripture from different perspectives, there are not many positions I will not shift from. The Sabbath is one, its just two solid, The moral law of God the ten commandments stand forever & the 4th commandment is one of the 10, non of them can be adjusted, so why Christendom thinks it can adjust it to suit a day to their liking is beyond me. AS I mentioned in my previous post, nothing can be changed from the covenant after the death of Christ, it is ratified by his blood. I'm going on about this just incase someone else is reading this post & can see the undeniable logic in it, bye Brother. 

God bless in your all in your walk. 

11 hours ago, other one said:

You can't say that he wasn't working on the sabbath for he admitted it......  so if the sabbath was still in effect then by working on the Sabbath and saying he did not sin he's a liar also.....  I just don't think he's a liar and I don't think the sabbath was/is in effect as a law we are to keep.  However Paul teaches that thit's perfectly okay if you want to do so but not ok for you to tell me that I must also.....   and I've spent hundreds of hours discussing this here for the past 14 or so years and always end with three same results.... hours and hours of typing and looking things up and three days a new thread starts and it's all to do over again....

Not worth the efforts.

Paul was falsely accused in Acts 21 - as we see here

17 And when we had come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. 18 On the following day Paul went in with us to James, and all the elders were present. 19 When he had greeted them, he told in detail those things which God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry. 20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord. And they said to him, “You see, brother, how many myriads of Jews there are who have believed, and they are all zealous for the law; 21 but they have been informed about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children nor to walk according to the customs. 22 What then? The assembly must certainly meet, for they will hear that you have come. 23 Therefore do what we tell you: We have four men who have taken a vow. 24 Take them and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads, and that all may know that those things of which they were informed concerning you are nothing, but that you yourself also walk orderly and keep the law.

Edited by BobRyan