• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Betha said:

sorry if I have not expressed myself clearly ! Yashua/Jesus did NOT rise at dusk  on the first day of the week...and scripture does not say that, nor did I.

Jesus rose BEFORE sunset on the sabbath (making it a sabbath-resurrection) because that He was also entombed/buried BEFORE sunset on the 'preparation (of a ANNUAL Holy day which was NOT a friday but a Wednesday) Lk 23v54...He was buried AS THE SABBATH DREW ON - had not yet started. so exactly 3 night(times) and 3 day(times) later He also ROSE BEFORE SUNSET. had Jesus risen after sunset ( on sunday morning) He would have been in the tomb LONGER than HE PREDICTED which would make Him a LIAR not to be trusted !!!(saying one thing but doing another).  When seen on sunday morning HE WAS ALREADY RISEN and out in the Garden....that is not the actual resurrection....HE had already been returned to LIFE BEFORE the women arrived much earlier at the tomb MK 16.

Sunset sabbath is at the end of saturday daytime, NOT at the end of friday.. 

to identify and know the TRUE Jesus(apart from a false imposter planted into unsuspecting chritianity by a false church (Roman Catholic) is absolutely crucial to our Covenant with Him and promised Salvation....because worshipping a false christ on sunday will lose us everything. There is only one true Jesus who can save. satan has gone all-out to deceive the whole world Rev 12v9, with false religions and GOD tells us 'to come out of it' or be destroyed along with it. That's how serious our situation is !!!

Hi Betha,

I enjoy our exchange some on this site I feel are aggressive & patronising id you are in disagreement. I'm still at a loss to see how Jesus was crucified on Wednesday.

1/ it was preparation day 2/ the ladies preparing his body stoped preparing His body (in there labor of love) because the sabbath drew near, Clearly here is a case for sabbath keeping alone, Jesus hadn't taught it was abolished to is closest loved ones. 3/ Now on the first day of the week (very early in the morning) the women came with spices to Finnish their burial preparation which they had to stop as the sabbath drew near.

I'll say no more on the subject unless I get clearer light,  I find those 3 points extremely  strong to go against.

God bless    

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On 11/23/2016 at 5:49 AM, Walter and Deborah said:

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath , Sabbath Scriptures: About Sabbath Scriptures , Sabbath Day In The KJV 

Sabbath Day, Please Read all.

@Betha

At GENESIS.1 & 2, circa 6000BC, God created the earth-system in 6 days, rested on the 7th day, sanctified the 7th day and deemed His Creation as good.

At EXODUS.20, circa 1500BC, God made the "resting on the 7th day" into Law as the Sabbath law for the Jews = they were required to rest from doing any work from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. Hence, the beginning of the Jewish tradition of counting days in a week of 7 days which was later adopted by the Holy Roman Empire in the 4th century AD and thereafter by the rest of the civilized world. ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbat

Common sense would tell us that emergency relief work during natural disasters or seeking refuge during war could be done during the Sabbath-rest day which was what King David and Jesus Christ had done. Jesus Christ, the Lord of the Sabbath, and His apostles were everyday, including the Sabbath-rest day, doing the "emergency relief" work of preaching and saving people from the spiritual disaster of hell or eternal damnation. "There is an exception to every rule".

When the mostly lawless Gentiles were brought into the sheepfold of early Jewish Christians, God exempted the Gentile Christians from any of His laws/commandments which proved a burden to them, eg laws on circumcision and clean/kosher foods(ACTS.15:24-29 & 21:20-25). They were still required to keep laws/commandments which were not a burden, eg morality laws.

When the dominant European-West-Asian Roman Empire under Emperor Constantine became Christian in the 4th century AD, the early Christians adopted the Roman rest day of Sunday as their Sabbath-rest day. They also adopted the Roman calendar, ie they abandoned the Jewish Sabbath-rest day and Jewish calendar. Today, most of the world, except Muslim countries and Israel, have adopted the Roman rest-day on Sunday and the Roman calendar.

If Christians have to live in a Muslim country, then they should follow the local "Sabbath-rest day" which is Friday, ie rest on Friday instead of Sunday Church.

Today, some Christians have to do shift-work, eg police/fire officers, doctors and nurses, which schedules their one rest-day per week on any day of the week.

In short, it is good for Christians to keep the Sabbath-rest day law/commandment because it is healthy for the body which is the temple of God but it can be on any day of the week.(ROMANS.7:7 & 12) Usually, it is on Sunday Church. OTOH, the Christian work of saving souls from eternal hell can be done on any day of the week, including the Sabbath-rest day.

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:49 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath , Sabbath Scriptures: About Sabbath Scriptures , Sabbath Day In The KJV 

Sabbath Day, Please Read all.

Amen.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Keep in mind that before Jesus came no one had the Holy Spirit within them the way we do now.....    we do not need the Sabbath to remember and take a day off just to be with the Lord.....  we have him all the time and we rest in his work not ours...…     but to have the Holy Spirit we have to follow the laws he gave us in the NT, but if we don't have the Holy Spirit we will be condemned by the old law....   The old law didn't change, it was just made none effect to those who accept Jesus and follow him.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

@Betha , @other one , @maryjayne

What will happen to Gentile Christians who do not keep the Sabbath-rest day law, eg work 7 days a week in order to get more profits or pay.? They will likely end up sickly, need to be hospitalized and eventually die young but as long as they keep the faith(in Christ), they will still be saved from hell when they die.(2TIMOTHY.4:6-8) OTOH if they lose faith in Christ while suffering for their sin of breaking the law of Sabbath-rest day, they will not be saved, eg by cursing God/Jesus and die(JOB.2:9).

Other scenarios where Christians will lose their salvation: ... denying the faith by publicly denying Christ/God or accepting the "mark of the beast" when persecuted/prosecuted(MATTHEW.10:33, REVELATION.13:11-18 & 14:9-11), departing from the faith by heeding deceiving spirits(= not heeding the Holy Spirit of God) and doctrines of demons(1TIMOTHY.4:1), etc.

Salvation is solely by faith in Jesus Christ, and not by the good works of keeping the Law. Vice versa, non-salvation is solely by non-faith or no-faith in Jesus Christ, and not by the evil works of breaking the Law(JOHN.3:14-18, GALATIANS.2:16-17), eg by wilful or ignorant sins/evil-works/law-breaking(1CORINTHIANS.5:1-5). Nevertheless, such sins or evil works may lead from having faith to having no-faith or non-faith.

Edited by discipler777

35 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Documentation?  Not out-of-context scripture that does not apply.  I mean hard, modern-day studies that say Christians today that do not "keep" the Sabbath die young, weak and sickly?

Documentation.???? Common sense or God-given sense likely says that it is unhealthy to a person's body for him/her to work 7 days a week and 365 days a year, ie work without any rest day year-to-year, eg olden-day slaves. "Worked to death".

I think Betha is a Seventh Day Adventist who strictly keeps the Jewish Sabbath-rest day, ie her Sabbath-rest day must be from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday.

I keep the Sabbath-rest day on Sunday Church like most other modern-day Christians. I think it is OK for Christians to keep the Sabbath-rest day on any day of the week as needed, eg shift-workers, as per ACTS.15:24-29 = the liberty in Christ. Also, Christians may witness or do missions to save souls on the Sabbath-rest day and then replace it with another day of the week.

However the Sabbath law is kept or not kept, they do not save or unsave. Only faith in Jesus Christ saves, and vice versa no-faith or non-faith in Jesus Christ unsaves.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

34 minutes ago, discipler777 said:

Documentation.???? Common sense or God-given sense likely says that it is unhealthy to a person's body for him/her to work 7 days a week and 365 days a year, ie work without any rest day year-to-year, eg olden-day slaves. "Worked to death".

I think Betha is a Seventh Day Adventist who strictly keeps the Jewish Sabbath-rest day, ie her Sabbath-rest day must be from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday.

I keep the Sabbath-rest day on Sunday Church like most other modern-day Christians. I think it is OK for Christians to keep the Sabbath-rest day on any day of the week as needed, eg shift-workers, as per ACTS.15:24-29 = the liberty in Christ. Also, Christians may witness or do missions to save souls on the Sabbath-rest day and then replace it with another day of the week.

However the Sabbath law is kept or not kept, they do not save or unsave. Only faith in Jesus Christ saves, and vice versa no-faith or non-faith in Jesus Christ unsaves.

How do your comments here square with what you say in the other thread? (Jesus only died  for past sins)

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

12 minutes ago, Betha said:

Caring for animals,the poor and needy or sick on the sabbath has never been a sin....ALL work is not prohibited.

All work is permitted on all days. Your sabbath works is not biblical. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Let’s not forget that unique underwear that they like ! What on earth is up with that anyhow?

7 hours ago, Betha said:

so please tell us what my Sabbath-works are ...i'd love to know !

It has been explained to you countless times. You know by now dont you?