• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Going OT, but those are known, within the LDS church as "garments."  Mormons begin wearing these when they take their first real trip to the Temple to take out their endowments.  Afterwords, they must wear the garments at all times, except when they bathe.  They are supposed to have supernatural powers that will protect a Mormon from harm.

I cant help but shudder when I realize these people vote.Thanks for the info......I think.....lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

14 hours ago, discipler777 said:

@Betha , @other one , @maryjayne

They will likely end up sickly, need to be hospitalized and eventually die young but as long as they keep the faith(in Christ), they will still be saved from hell when they die.

a bit of speculation I would think...

14 hours ago, pinacled said:

The way I understood the Shabbat is a time to remember our Living ancestors in Heaven with the Lord. Given that our Lord has Fullfilled the promises to his faithful ones, Holy Eternal.

Blessings 

The way I understand it is that we are to live that life every day because we have the Holy Spirit.....   be in constant contact with the Lord...   Not a day goes by that I don't want to pick up the phone and call my dad over something.....   and instead of calling him, I just remember how he felt about the subject....
I don't disagree with the need to do things, but it is not a one day a week thing; it's a complete way of life....
The Holy Spirit went to work with me every day, and was a huge help.

• Praise God! 1

Maybe the mods will just take the time to delete the off OP comments....   including this one.   If we stop the thread someone will just start another one.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

And . . . so much for documentation.  I didn't expect any, so I'm not disappointed.

The Mosaic Sabbath was never about actual, physical rest from work.  Yes, that is a good thing to do, but that is never what the Sabbath was about.  The Sabbath was a prototype of a born-again child of Christ being able to rest from their own work, in regards to salvation.  The entire concept of "keeping" the Sabbath on a certain day turns the actual concept of the Sabbath on it's head and renders Jesus' sacrifice as moot.  When you restrict it to a certain day, you turn it into a work.  When you tell people this or that food is not allowed, or this do-dad is not allowed, or this holiday is not allowed, you've just made salvation works-based, and once you do that, you can't claim Jesus' sacrifice.  At that point you have adopted works and turned yourself into your own savior.  A person espousing a works-based salvation has no clue what grace even means.

Yes, you gave a very good exposition on the rest-day of God/Jesus. But the OP's Sabbath Issue is, should Christians keep the Sabbath-rest day law or not, whether it falls on the Jewish or Gentile Sabbath-rest day.? ...

EXODUS.20:6 (NKJV) = 8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Those misguided Christians who say that Christians do not have to keep the Sabbath-rest day law are proponents of lawlessness, unrighteousness and sins, similar to saying that Christians do not have to keep God's Law against blasphemy, idolatry, taking God's name in vain, dishonoring your parents, murder, adultery, stealing, bearing false witness against your neighbor/brethren/friends(lying) and coveting your neighbor's belongings.

"Go and sin no more, lest a worse thing comes upon you."(JOHN.5:14 & 8:11)

Edited by discipler777
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, other one said:

a bit of speculation I would think...

1CORINTHIANS.11: (NKJV) = Examine Yourself

27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. 30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.

33 Therefore, my brethren, when you come together to eat, wait for one another. 34 But if anyone is hungry, let him eat at home, lest you come together for judgment. And the rest I will set in order when I come.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/4/2018 at 1:41 AM, KiwiChristian said:

a) The New Testament never commands Christians to worship or meet on the Saturday Sabbath. Instead, Christians meet on the first day of the week, Sunday, in the following Bible passages:

Acts 20:7 Paul preached to Christians at Troas whose habit was to meet to break bread on the first day of the week.

ACTS 20 [7] And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.[8] And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together.

The above scripture is used by the many to convince people that sunday was being kept as a day of rest instead of the sabbath during the time of Paul. They will point out that on the first day of the week they came together to “break bread” and thus the believers of Pauls time were following sunday as the “new testament” day of rest.

ACTS 2 [42] And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.[43] And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.[44] And all that believed were together, and had all things common;[45] And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.[46] And they, CONTINUING DAILY with one accord in the temple, AND BREAKING BREAD from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

But as you can see they “broke bread” daily. Not just on the first day of the week. They were simply eating. The fact is, you will find no where in the new testament anyone keeping sunday as a day of rest.

LUKE 4  [14] And JESUS returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.[15] And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.[16] And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, AS HIS CUSTOM WAS, he WENT INTO THE SYNAGOGUE ON THE SABBATH DAY, and stood up for to read.

JESUS kept the sabbath

ACTS 17  [2] AND PAUL, AS HIS MANNER WAS, went in unto them, and three SABBATH DAYS reasoned with them out of the scriptures,[3] Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

PAUL kept the sabbath

ACTS 13  [42] And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, THE GENTILES BESOUGHT THAT THESE WORDS MIGHT BE PREACHED TO THEM THE NEXT SABBATH.[43] Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.[44] And THE NEXT SABBATH DAY CAME ALMOST THE WHOLE CITY TOGETHER TO HEAR THE WORD OF GOD.

GENTILES come together on the sabbath to hear the WORD.

Can anyone show me in scripture where the Word of God actually changes or does away with the sabbath day of rest? Anywhere in the new testament? How about in the old testament? Anywhere?

ACTS 25 [7] And when he was come, the Jews which came down from Jerusalem stood round about, and laid many and grievous complaints against Paul, which they could not prove. [8] While he answered for himself, NEITHER AGAINST THE LAW OF THE JEWS, neither against the temple, nor yet against Caesar, HAVE I OFFENDED ANY THING AT ALL.

During the time of Paul there were also many who accused Paul, saying he was not keeping Gods law (which includes the sabbath). Just as it is today, nobody seems to be able to prove that.

4 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Are you claiming that you keep the Sabbath?

Are you gonna claim im not because im quoting scripture on the sabbath

On 11/4/2018 at 1:41 AM, KiwiChristian said:

a) The New Testament never commands Christians to worship or meet on the Saturday Sabbath. Instead, Christians meet on the first day of the week, Sunday, in the following Bible passages:

Colossians 2:16,17 “Let no man judge you in ... holy days or Sabbath days: which are a shadow of things to come.”

The “many” claim that the sabbath was the shadow of Christ. But what do the scriptures say

COL.2 [14] BLOTTING OUT THE HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.[16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:[17] WHICH ARE A SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME; but the body is of Christ.

The handwriting of ORDINANCES {meat and drink offerings} has been blotted out. They were the shadow 

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.... [9] WHICH WAS A FIGURE for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

The first covenant had ORDINANCES which stood ONLY  in meat and drink offerings which were a figure. A shadow

EZEKIEL 46 [14] And thou shalt prepare a meat offering for it every morning, the sixth part of an ephah, and the third part of an hin of oil, to temper with the fine flour; a MEAT OFFERING continually by a perpetual ORDINANCE unto the LORD.

Meat offering by ordinance. There ya go. Hebrews 9 was ofcourse correct

HEBREWS 10 [1] For THE LAW HAVING A SHADOW of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with THOSE SACRIFICES WHICH THEY OFFERED YEAR BY YEAR continually make the comers thereunto perfect.[2] For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.[3] But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.[4] For IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.

Hebrews 10 says it all. The shadow of the law was the offerings (the meat and drink offerings). Hebrews 10{1} says that plain and clear. The Word does not say the sabbath was the shadow of Christ which really makes no sence at all

NUMBERS 19 [2] This is the ORDINANCE OF THE LAW which the Lord hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke:

Before Christ the red heifers lived their lives in fear and trembling, thinking they might be next offering. No worries no more.

JOHN 6 [55] For my flesh is MEAT indeed, and my blood is DRINK indeed.

We are no longer under the law concerning the meat and drink offerings{the shadow}. Jesus FULFILLED that portion of the law. Its all grace now!  Jesus Himself said “For my flesh is MEAT indeed, and my blood is DRINK indeed”. 

On 11/8/2018 at 6:38 PM, Betha said:

sorry if I have not expressed myself clearly ! Yashua/Jesus did NOT rise at dusk  on the first day of the week...and scripture does not say that, nor did I.

Jesus rose BEFORE sunset on the sabbath (making it a sabbath-resurrection) because that He was also entombed/buried BEFORE sunset on the 'preparation (of a ANNUAL Holy day which was NOT a friday but a Wednesday) Lk 23v54..

Hi Betha

I studied the 3 days and 3 nights for quite a long time. I found what you found

• Thumbs Up 1