• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I am not claiming anything.  I am asking you if you advocate keeping the Sabbath.  Shouldn't be a difficult question to answer.

Not only the 4th but all 10

ISAIAH 8 [16] Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.[17] And I WILL WAIT UPON THE LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.[18] Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.[19] And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?[20] TO THE LAW AND TO THE TESTIMONY: IF THEY SPEAK NOT ACCORDING TO THIS WORD, IT IS BECAUSE THERE IS NO LIGHT IN THEM.

Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my diciples and wait on the Lord. To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them (explained right after John 3{16}). Didn’t Jesus say that he was the light of the world?

PSALM 78 [1] Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth. [2] I WILL OPEN MY MOUTH IN A PARABLE: I will utter dark sayings of old: [3] Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us. [4] We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done. [5] For HE ESTABLISHED A TESTIMONY IN JACOB, AND APPOINTED A LAW IN ISRAEL, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: [6] That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children: [7] THAT THEY MIGHT SET THEIR HOPE IN GOD, AND NOT FORGET THE WORKS OF GOD, BUT KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: 

Who opened his mouth in a parable? Yup, Jesus Christ. And this scripture says he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, that they might set their hope in God and KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. 

PSALM 119 [32] I will run the way of THY COMMANDMENTS, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.(2COR.6 v.11) [33] Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end. [34] Give me understanding, and I SHALL KEEP THY LAW; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. [35] Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight. [36] Incline my heart unto THY TESTIMONIES, and not to covetousness. [37] Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way. [38] Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear. [39] Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good. [40] Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness. [41] Let thy mercies come also unto me, O Lord, EVEN THY SALVATION, according to thy word. 

Here again we find it’s the law (commandments) and the testimony (of Jesus) and this leads to SALVATION.

PSALM 119 [165] Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. [166] Lord, I have hoped for thy SALVATION, and done THY COMMANDMENTS. [167] My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly. [168] I have kept thy precepts and THY TESTIMONIES: for all my ways are before thee. 

and here again

REV.12 [16] And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.[17] And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, WHICH KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND HAVE THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST.

WHICH KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND HAVE THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST.

Edited by WailingWall
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

There are “many” who will claim ya cant mix grace and the law

JOHN 1 [13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. [14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) FULL OF GRACE and truth.

This scripture says Jesus was full of grace. Did He keep the law? The sabbath

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Betha said:

i spend sabbath in the company of God and His Son Jesus Christ....

Is Jesus God? 

1 minute ago, Betha said:

1Joh 1v3...and truly, our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.

why don't you ask scripture ?

A simple yes or no will suffice. 

Is Jesus God? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, WailingWall said:

Not only the 4th but all 10 .......

Good post.

If I may add, .......

Before Christ(= before His Resurrection and Ascension at around 33AD), only Jews who kept the Law/commandments of God had the opportunity to be saved from hell when they die( 1 Peter 3:19 & 4:6 ), eg Moses and Elijah(MATTHEW.17:3), ie the opportunity to hear the gospel from the resurrected Christ after they died. Those who unrepentantly broke the Law of God were sent to Hades/hell when they die. The rich young Jewish man of LUKE.16:19-31 died and ended up in Hades/hell because he unrepentantly broke the Law at Deuteronomy 15:11, ie by refusing to do charity work towards the poor and destitute like beggar Lazarus during every Sabbath Year.
....... After Christ, Jews had to believe in Jesus as the Christ/Messiah/Saviour, in order to be saved from hell, ie it was no longer sufficient for them to just keep the Law( Matthew 5:17-48 ) and be given the above opportunity to be saved from hell after they die. This requirement for salvation was later extended to the Gentiles, ie saved by faith alone, and not by the good works of the Law.

At ACTS.15:24-29, God/Jesus required new Gentile Christians to begin their born-again lives of the Spirit by keeping 4 easy or non-burdensome laws of Moses, ie avoid eating blood, strangled animals, foods sacrificed to idols and sexual immorality = minimum legal requirement. They are then given time to gradually learn to keep the other laws of Moses which are not a burden, esp morality laws, eg the Ten Commandments at EXODUS.20, LEVITICUS.10:9 & 18:22-29, DEUTERONOMY.18:9-14, etc. Otherwise, bad things will happen to them for "we reap what we sow".
....... In comparison, Jewish Christians are required by God/Jesus to continue to keep Moses Law, as many laws as possible, because it is not a burden to them.
....... Eg, Gentile Christians should still avoid homosexuality/sexual immorality but can continue to eat non-kosher foods because the former is not a burden but the latter is a burden(ie it's a burden for them to keep the kosher/clean food laws).

IOW, "Go and sin no more, lest a worse thing comes upon you"(JOHN.5:14 & 8:11) = those who go and sin some more will be cursed by God with calamities and terrors(1COR.11:30, 1JOHN.5:16-17, PROVERBS.1:26) which may then result in the wilful or ignorant Gentile Christian sinners/evil-workers/Law-breakers losing their salvation by losing faith, eg curse God/Jesus and die(1COR.5:1-5, HEBREWS.10:26-31, JOB.2:9, Judas Iscariot.?)  It is a fearful thing for misguided Christians to fall into the hands of God through wilful or ignorant sins/evil-works/Law-breaking. Why take the unnecessary risk of losing salvation, eg by completely ignoring God's Old Testament Law and just rely on "blind" faith in Jesus Christ who also happens to be the Word of God, ie the One who had said, "You shall not murder. You shall not .......".?

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

47 minutes ago, pinacled said:

During a 7 day week working with the gifts of the spirit and blessings from the Lord. I was reminded of Christ in me loving our neighbor.

Yesterday at 2:24pm, discipler777 said:

At GENESIS.1 & 2, circa 6000BC, God created the earth-system in 6 days, rested on the 7th day, sanctified the 7th day and deemed His Creation as good.

At EXODUS.20, circa 1500BC, God made the "resting on the 7th day" into Law as the Sabbath law for the Jews = they were required to rest from doing any work from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. Hence, the beginning of the Jewish tradition of counting days in a week of 7 days which was later adopted by the Holy Roman Empire in the 4th century AD and thereafter by the rest of the civilized world. ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbat

Common sense would tell us that emergency relief work during natural disasters or seeking refuge during war could be done during the Sabbath-rest day which was what King David and Jesus Christ had done. Jesus Christ, the Lord of the Sabbath, and His apostles were everyday, including the Sabbath-rest day, doing the "emergency relief" work of preaching and saving people from the spiritual disaster of hell or eternal damnation. "There is an exception to every rule".

When the mostly lawless Gentiles were brought into the sheepfold of early Jewish Christians, God exempted the Gentile Christians from any of His laws/commandments which proved a burden to them, eg laws on circumcision and clean/kosher foods(ACTS.15:24-29 & 21:20-25). They were still required to keep laws/commandments which were not a burden, eg morality laws.

When the dominant European-West-Asian Roman Empire under Emperor Constantine became Christian in the 4th century AD, the early Christians adopted the Roman rest day of Sunday as their Sabbath-rest day. They also adopted the Roman calendar, ie they abandoned the Jewish Sabbath-rest day and Jewish calendar. Today, most of the world, except Muslim countries and Israel, have adopted the Roman rest-day on Sunday and the Roman calendar.

If Christians have to live in a Muslim country, then they should follow the local "Sabbath-rest day" which is Friday, ie rest on Friday instead of Sunday Church.

Today, some Christians have to do shift-work, eg police/fire officers, doctors and nurses, which schedules their one rest-day per week on any day of the week.

In short, it is good for Christians to keep the Sabbath-rest day law/commandment because it is healthy for the body which is the temple of God but it can be on any day of the week.(ROMANS.7:7 & 12) Usually, it is on Sunday Church. OTOH, the Christian work of saving souls from eternal hell can be done on any day of the week, including the Sabbath-rest day.

Edited by discipler777
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Betha said:

you are determined to look for an argument, since even 'christians' are divided on this.

but i tell you a mystery....they are ONE in SPIRIT, but two in BEING. (i will not enter into argument)

No. Genuine christians are not divided on this! The natural mind cant discern that Jesus is God because they do not have the indwelling spirit. 

I asked you to answer a question . You dont appear to be willing to answer with a simple yes or no so you claim I want to argue which is not the truth. 

Why is it a problem for you to answer? Do you have " secrets"?

Scripture reveals the truth. 

Either Jesus was a lunatic,  liar or both OR  Jesus is God! The only conclusion is to believe scripture right? 

Jesus and His inspired followers didn't mince words when they declared Him to be God (John 10:30-38, Matthew 16:13-17, Mark 14:61-64, John 14:6, Hebrews 1:8, Colossians 1:16, John 12:40-41 [quoting Isaiah 6:1-10]). 

Are you jewish?

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

The sabbath was the OLD COVENANT for the JEWS.

We are now not under law, but under GRACE.

Yes, Jesus went to the temple and taught.

Was He keeping the sabbath?

No! If one wants to witness to drunks, for example, you go to where they congregate.

He went to the temple because that's where the Jews were!

He also BROKE the sabbath, showing he was not fully keeping it.

Edited by KiwiChristian
  • Oy Vey! 1

1 hour ago, Betha said:

No i'm not jewish....what has that to do with what is being discussed ?

i did give you an answer Joh 10v30 I and my Father are one. To be ONE with GOD who IS Spirit, the SON was 'begotten by Him therefore is also God in Spirit but with a body of flesh Heb 1v5.  Since scripture speaks of Father AND Son there are two BEINGS mentioned.no more to be said.

Why do you persist inskirting around my question?

Yes or no?! .

1 hour ago, Betha said:

No i'm not jewish....what has that to do with what is being discussed ?

i did give you an answer Joh 10v30 I and my Father are one. To be ONE with GOD who IS Spirit, the SON was 'begotten by Him therefore is also God in Spirit but with a body of flesh Heb 1v5.  Since scripture speaks of Father AND Son there are two BEINGS mentioned.no more to be said.

Iill go back to your original statement which you said you spend time with God and Jesus ( paraphrase) . That is why I felt the necessity to ask you:  is Jesus God.

Jesus is the second person of the Truine Godhead so what you said doesnt make any sense to a learned bible student. If you had said you spend time with the Father and Jesus ; I wouldnt question it. But since you did differentiate God being separate from Jesus; as a christian examining your theology I must press you on this! 

Im not asking you for scripture so why are you persistant in providing it when all I need is a STRAIGHT SUCCINCT ANSWER from you. 

YES OR NO BETHA?