• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

We are not judging anybody, and we are aware of the judgment seat of God. We are just stating a few issues about The Sabbath with scriptures reference, such as Luke 4:16 , but shouldn't we as Jesus followers do the same but on The Sabbath Day? Follow his Steps

For those who would insist on observing the seventh-day sabbath, they had better be consistent and observe the Torah 100%.  

God has made no allowance for 50%, 70%, or 90%.  It is all or nothing.  And since the Temple and the Levitical priesthood are absent, you will have quite a time observing the Torah as God has commanded.

The question of Torah observance was already addressed in depth in Acts 15.  And there is no mention there of the seventh day sabbath.  And before we go any further, God presently makes NO DISTINCTION between Jew and Gentile, since all have been declared guilty before God. After the Second Coming of Christ, God will resume His dealings with Israel as a nation, and the Jews as a people.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 11/22/2016 at 7:49 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. 

Dear brothers Walter and Deborah,

Grace and mercy and peace from our Lord Jesus Christ.

First of all, welcome to Worthy.

Whereas, in the Testament of the Law, Sabbath was the day of the Lord (one day consecrated to the Eternal) when everyone should rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him, doing only what pleased him (Isaiah 58.13), today the Church lives this twenty-four hours per day. After all, we are invited (and even enjoined) to enter the eternal rest, namely rest from our works:

• ·         For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses. But with whom was he grieved forty years? [ was it ] not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness? And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left [ us ] of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [ did ] from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.” (Hebrews 3.16-19; 4.1,10,11).

To be more exact: Sabbath was instituted because it was the day that the Lord rested from his works (Genesis 2.2,3). Whereas the only thing that makes the Eternal tired are our works (Isaiah 43.24), inasmuch as they are always full of sin (Isaiah 64.4), nothing more appropriated that we rest from our works (that is, we die to ourselves - Luke 9:23; Romans 6.1-4; Colossians 3.3) so that the life of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh (Galatians 2:20; 2Corinthians 4.10,11).

Furthermore, Jesus did not die on the cross so we gave him only one day a week or ten percent of what we earn, but so that we surrender completely to Him in body, soul and spirit (1Thessalonians 5:23) twenty-four hours per day throughout and anywhere.

May Jesus help you to be increasingly pleasant to Him.

Edited by Leonardo Von

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Old covanant deal We are under the new covanant deal we are to keep every day holy. we are 24/7 holy. Hows that working out for ya?

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Here Paul exhorts us to be constant in Christ, Sabbaths and all legal ceremonies and traditions, were ended in Christ.

Colossians 2:15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Colossians 2:16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 11/22/2016 at 3:49 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Sabbaths

Hi and welcome to Worthy, 

I would like you to read Colossians 3:14-17.

I worship on Sunday, but we as believers are really supposed to worship everyday. 

I believe my faith is every bit as vibrant and real as yours.  It is where your heart is, it is about Gods Grace and Mercy in our lives.

We are no longer living under the law, but as I just stated under grace.  And as for being perfect that will only happen after we are home with the Lord.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

2 hours ago, full goespel said:

Old covenant deal....
We are under the new covenant....

:thumbsup:

First

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband to them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. Jeremiah 31;34 (Webster Bible Translation)

Or New

For finding fault with them, he said, Behold, the days come, said the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, said the Lord.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, said the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

For finding fault with them, he said, Behold, the days come, said the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, said the Lord.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, said the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: Hebrews 8:8-10 (American King James Version)

Jesus Will Save Israel

Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,

“The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”; “and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins.”

As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy. For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all. Hebrews 11:25-32 (English Standard Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 11/22/2016 at 7:24 PM, OneLight said:

I have often wondered just how far someone goes when claiming we need to obey the Sabbath.  Scripture tells us:

Scripture does indeed, but it also gave those commandments, but in context, not to the whole world, not to all people:

12The LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 13“But as for you, speak to the sons of Israel, saying, ‘You shall surely observe My sabbaths; for this is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORDwho sanctifies you. 

The Lord and his diciples, worked on the Sabbath, and we know Jesus never sinned, that should be instructive to us. Also we know from Galations 5, that we have a choice to make, live by the law, or walk by the Spirit, free from the Law. If we want to choose the path of the law, we are obligated to obey the whole law.,

The huge shortcoming of the law, is that it depends on works. Gal 3 is also a good read, in part it says:

2This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 3Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? 4Did you suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? 5So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

6Even so Abraham BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS. 7Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham. 8The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “ALL THE NATIONS WILL BE BLESSED IN YOU. 9So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham, the believer.

10For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse

I think I will pass, and live by faith, enjoying freedom in Christ, to live by the Spirit, and by that Spirit, sin has lost power and appeal. I do not set aside the Sabbath as exceptional, every day is to be lived in His service. Just my opinion!

• Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 11/23/2016 at 0:22 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

We are not judging anybody, and we are aware of the judgment seat of God.....
We are just stating a few issues about The Sabbath with scriptures reference such as 
Luke 4:16

but shouldn't we as Jesus followers do the same....
but on The Sabbath Day....

Follow his Steps....

:thumbsup:

Beloved,

He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, Luke 4:16 (New International Version)

Even On The Holy Sabbath

and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen. Revelation 1:5-6 (New International Version)

We Follow His Steps

One Sabbath day as Jesus was teaching in a synagogue, he saw a woman who had been crippled by an evil spirit. She had been bent double for eighteen years and was unable to stand up straight. When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said, “Dear woman, you are healed of your sickness!” Then he touched her, and instantly she could stand straight. How she praised God!

But the leader in charge of the synagogue was indignant that Jesus had healed her on the Sabbath day. “There are six days of the week for working,” he said to the crowd. “Come on those days to be healed, not on the Sabbath.”

But the Lord replied, “You hypocrites! Each of you works on the Sabbath day! Don’t you untie your ox or your donkey from its stall on the Sabbath and lead it out for water? This dear woman, a daughter of Abraham, has been held in bondage by Satan for eighteen years. Isn’t it right that she be released, even on the Sabbath?”

This shamed his enemies, but all the people rejoiced at the wonderful things he did. Luke 13:10-17 (New Living Translation)

And Work

It happened after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them, and asking them questions. All who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers. When they saw him, they were astonished, and his mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us this way? Look, your father and I were anxiously looking for you." He said to them, "Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be doing the works of my Father?" They did not understand the saying which he spoke to them. And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth. He was subject to them, and his mother kept all these sayings in her heart. Luke 2:46-51 (New Heart English Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I have also heard many Seventh Day Adventists refer to them selves as "SDA" Christians.  So please tell me the difference between a "Calvary Chapel" Christian as I am and my friend who is as she states a SDA Christian? 

They also believe that hell is not forever but that the fires of hell are so hot that they will consume the unbeliever in a instant and that there is no eternity in hell. 

My friend will also not eat certian foods she believes to be foods believers should not eat.  I see so much law and rules that there is not place for God Grace and Mercy. To me that is very sad.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

I have also heard many Seventh Day Adventists refer to them selves as "SDA" Christians.  So please tell me the difference between a "Calvary Chapel" Christian as I am and my friend who is as she states a SDA Christian? 

They also believe that hell is not forever but that the fires of hell are so hot that they will consume the unbeliever in a instant and that there is no eternity in hell. 

My friend will also not eat certian foods she believes to be foods believers should not eat.  I see so much law and rules that there is not place for God Grace and Mercy. To me that is very sad.

Speaking on behalf of SDA Christians, I believe that many of us label ourselves as such because of the stigma from the rest of Christendom that says we aren't Christians.  The Christianity of Calvary Chapel isn't up for debate generally speaking so it would be redundant to state it.  Yes we don't believe that the punishing hell promoted by the rest of Christianity is forever but that the punishment is.(one of the big reasons atheist can't believe in a loving God from what I've heard).  

Sda's (generally) will not eat what the bible records as unclean foods according to the bible.  The wonderful thing about law is that it's not particularly in contrast with grace and mercy and I'm sorry that it's sad to you but I'm happy that it doesn't effect your friendship.  Maybe you should encourage her to join this forum so we could get her perspective.  (Inbox me her name...there's a good chance I know her or someone that knows her...lol) The sabbath issue will be one until the end of time imo.  In our church, there is a teaching that there were two pillars instituted/ordained/sanctified by God in the book of Genesis at creation.  Marriage and the Sabbath.  Satan has flown the proverbial plane into the first one and as a result we have have gay marriage to counterfeit the original.  That second proverbial plane isn't too far behind and that 2nd pillar has been replaced as well.  SDA's see themselves as a movement placed here to remind God's people of these and other sacred truths.  Many sda's sadly try to replace the holy spirit and force these truths onto others and by doing so actually do more harm than good and turn people away from our message.  But there are many who live lives that have been transformed by the holy spirit and it is evident in the way they interact with everyone and people are drawn to our message.  I spoke with a buddy of mine who is a pastor in the sda church over the break and asked him about his thoughts on legalism as has been ascribed to us as a church.  He said to me that contrary to popular opinion, God calls his people to be legalist:taped:  He laughed it off and then said let him explain.  Legalism in a true sense would be law keeping.  The negative connotations associated with legalism within the christian church is due to that fact that many legalist keep the law as a means to salvation unfortunately and scripture speaks against that.  But, in the same way that we as citizens of the US or any other country are expected to be law abiding citizens, the kingdom of God demands the same lawfulness.  The only difference is that he is empowering us to do so instead of us trying to do it by ourselves.  Anyways....back to viewing...I just get giddy when someone mentions my church and I can help clarify ideas about us if I can.