• Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

I thought I`d add these scriptures to the conversation.

`For he has spoken in a certain place of the 7th day in this way: "And God rested on the 7th day from all His works," and again in this place: "They shall not enter my rest."........if Joshua had given them rest, then he would not afterwards have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered his rest has himself also ceased from his work as God did from His.

Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone should fall after the same example of disobedience. ` (Heb. 4: 4 - 10)

To me the 7th day is representative of God`s rest & as believer`s we can only have God`s `rest` by putting aside our own works & instead listen & obey the Holy Spirit. This rest is provided by Christ`s sacrifice, for He has passed into the heavens & ever lives to intercede for us. (Heb. 4: 14) 

:thumbsup:

Amen~! The Ten Commandments

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: Romans 3:19-22 (King James Bible)

And The LORD Jesus

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:23-28 (King James Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 11/23/2016 at 0:22 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

We are not judging anybody, and we are aware of the judgment seat of God. We are just stating a few issues about The Sabbath with scriptures reference, such as Luke 4:16 , but shouldn't we as Jesus followers do the same but on The Sabbath Day? Follow his Steps

COOL!   Shabbat Shalom!   Follow JESUS !  YES !

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

On 12/1/2016 at 1:38 AM, Marilyn C said:

I thought I`d add these scriptures to the conversation.

`For he has spoken in a certain place of the 7th day in this way: "And God rested on the 7th day from all His works," and again in this place: "They shall not enter my rest."........if Joshua had given them rest, then he would not afterwards have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered his rest has himself also ceased from his work as God did from His.

Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone should fall after the same example of disobedience. ` (Heb. 4: 4 - 10)

To me the 7th day is representative of God`s rest & as believer`s we can only have God`s `rest` by putting aside our own works & instead listen & obey the Holy Spirit. This rest is provided by Christ`s sacrifice, for He has passed into the heavens & ever lives to intercede for us. (Heb. 4: 14) 

Blessings Marilyn.......:amen:                                                               Your Sister in Christ with MUCH LOVE

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,362
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Amen!

On 11/23/2016 at 0:22 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

The Sabbath Day? Follow his Steps

http://biblehub.com/revelation/12-11.htm

►
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

New Living Translation
And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony. And they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die.

English Standard Version
And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Marilyn.......:amen:                                                               Your Sister in Christ with MUCH LOVE

Hi kwikphilly,

Now you never know where someone is going to pop up. Blessings to you to dear sis & trust you are fairing well. I`m on the improve & `resting` in His love.

Marilyn.

Blessings Sis

True,never can tell......Just trying to keep from typing,hands recovering.......yes,faring well,missing you & talk soon.......I know you are recovering well,Glory to God Most High.......................I love you!!!!:emot-heartbeat:

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,362
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 11/22/2016 at 6:24 PM, FresnoJoe said:

:thumbsup:

But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.

We are not judging anybody, and we are aware of the judgment seat of God. We are just stating a few issues about The Sabbath with scriptures reference, such as Luke 4:16 , but shouldn't we as Jesus followers do the same but on The Sabbath Day? Follow his Steps

On 11/22/2016 at 3:49 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset

Yes.    Rest as YHWH says.  Without obedience,  there is no rest.  People must cease (from their own works) to be able to  abide in HIM, YHWH WILLING,  thru Y'SHUA.

King James Bible
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
1 Peter 2:21

We have to first determine the context of the verse of Scripture & so,we can Understand why Jesus "steps" are being referenced.....its easy to pick out individual verses of Scripture,quote one & another to convey something we are Convicted of personally.......but is that how Gods Word is intended that we use?

Luke 4:16

16 He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom.

Jesus,of course,was Jewish.......it was HIS Custom as is the Jewish custom to go to synagogue on Saturday(Sabbath Day of Rest)   ARe these thev "steps" that Jesus expected us to follow,customs? On that Day,before He read before everyone present He also said...

21 He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
    because he has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
    and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19     to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”[a]

Free from the Law also,free from religious custom & tradition..................imo                                      With love,in Christ,Kwik