• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I am not claiming anything.  I am asking you if you advocate keeping the Sabbath.  Shouldn't be a difficult question to answer.

And i answered that question. I said not only the 4th but all 10. Then you go on to say i didnt answer your question. You OK?

6 hours ago, 1sheep said:

A simple yes or no will suffice. 

Is Jesus God? 

Does this question have anything to do with the sabbath. A simple yes or no will suffice

• Brilliant! 1

37 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

Does this question have anything to do with the sabbath. A simple yes or no will suffice

I was about to answer you question but Cobalt answered more than adequately for me. 

This should clear things up. 

Im feeling fine today btw. 

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Yes it does.  She plainly separated God from Jesus in a statement of how she "kept" the Sabbath.  If she does not believe that Jesus is God that makes the rest of her doctrine and theology suspect.  That Jesus is also God is a simple core belief and if one gets wrong, they will get everything else wrong.  

Ok. Your saying if someone believes in the rapture the way its presented by the "many" dont believe a word they say on other matters? But... aint a broken clock right twice a day.

2 hours ago, 1sheep said:

Im feeling fine today btw. 

Im sure you are being from Carolina. Ya warm enough. Its cold and nasty here!

7 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

Ok. Your saying if someone believes in the rapture the way its presented by the "many" dont believe a word they say on other matters? But... aint a broken clock right twice a day.

That was a  poorly applied analogy. Eschatology beliefs  have no bearing whether one is reborn again or not unless of course one is a preterist.

Jesus being God is a necessary belief for one who claims to be a christian.

9 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I see you are working away from the Sabbath question which you still have not answered. 

Why would i do that. I like meat

1 COR. 3 [1] And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. [2] I HAVE FED YOU WITH MILK, AND NOT WITH MEAT: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. [3] For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? 

HEBREWS 5 [12] For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. [13] FOR EVERY ONE THAT USETH MILK IS UNSKILFUL IN THE WORD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS: FOR HE IS A BABE. [14] But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

The two above new testament scriptures tell us we should be teachers of the word but also tells us everyone that uses milk is unskilful in the word. 

ISAIAH 28  [9] WHOM SHALL HE TEACH KNOWLEDGE? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? THEM THAT ARE WEANED FROM THE MILK, and drawn from the breasts.[10] For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:[11] For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.[12] To whom he said, THIS IS THE REST wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and THIS IS THE REFRESHING: yet they would not hear.

In Hebrews 5 the scripture tells us we should be teachers of the Word but we dont get it, we are still just babes, milk drinkers. In Isaiah we see that those whom God will teach knowledge and whom he shall make to understand doctrine are those who are weaned from the milk. Who are these milk drinkers (verse 12) that dont understand doctrine? To whom he said this is the rest and the refreshing, but they refused to hear. Rest? Refreshing?

EXODUS 31  [15] Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.[16] Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.[17] It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and ON THE SEVENTH DAY HE RESTED, AND WAS REFRESHED.

Heres a scripture that speaks of a rest and a refreshing. And yes, the milk drinkers do refuse to hear that scripture.

GOT MILK?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Odd you would use Hebrews when that book directly refutes the concept a a sixth day Sabbath.

Six day sabbath? The sabbath is on the 7th day

HEBREWS 4 [9] THERE REMAINETH THEREFORE A REST to the people of God.[10] For HE THAT IS ENTERED INTO HIS REST, he also hath ceased from his own works, AS GOD DID FROM HIS. [11] Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Well...Ya see what it says. Now lets see how God rested from His work

HEBREWS 4 [4] For he spake in a certain place of THE SEVENTH DAY on this wise, And GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY from all his works  

Yup. God rested the 7th day. The sabbath.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The milk theme is cute, but since your entire post is a veiled insult that people who disagree with you have not been weaned, I am reporting your post.  

Your calling those scriptures i posted a veiled insult. Yikes!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

I believe this one has ran its course.

• Thumbs Up 1