Heart broken

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have recently caught my husband on a online dating site stating he is single looking for a relationship and is non religious. This isnt the first time i have caught him trying to talk to other women on the internet. Actualy it has happened too much then i can count. I have prayed and prayed for him and our marriage. I have tried to be the loving christian wife. I dont know what to do anymore. It seems like he will always do this. This is starting to really effect my faith in a negative way. What should i do?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

That is a tough one, and I admit, I lack the wisdom to anwer it.

One thing that strikes me, is that it is possible that this behavior is only an online fantasy thing for him, that he has not intention or even likelyhood, to follow through on, however, if his tempations lie in that direction, then with the right over or circumstances, he could follow up on it.

Next, clearly the internet presents a temptation to him, and if he cannot resist that, then Matthew 18 should come into play here. He needs to have no unsupervised access to the internet, or some sort of imposted limitations that he cannot work around, in my opinion. When a person lacks maturity, the need to be treated like they are immature.

If he balks at that idea, then he should have the courage to contfront a second opinion, like he and you should speak this over with your pastor. Embarrassing sure, but might be best to get a little humility.

I hope you are able to work this out, meanwhile, I think many who read this, will hold you up in prayer.

Last thing I want to say, is that there s no reason this should affect your faith. You faith should be in God/Jesus, not your husband. People sin, fail, and disappoint, Christians persever, love, forgive and try.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sarah

Welcome to Worthy,I do wish this was posted in the "Have a Problem" Forum,Inner Court since you say you are Christian so that we could talk,......perhaps you don't want to talk about it & just want answers(that is the purpose for Q & A) or maybe you just didn't know? So if you do want t7o talk then I do encourage you to begin a Thread there after you have the required minimum of posts to gain access to our Inner Court

I'm in agreement with Omegaman,it is very sound advice.However ,I do see the main problem is not your husbands unfavorable hobby but the fact that you are unequally yoked as he is an unBeliever,his carnal minded behavior is expected,he lives in the flesh & feeds it's desires.....I do believe that is the problem & even if you address & resolve the internet mischief ,other problems will just keep coming.....is it any wonder?

Although seeking  Christian counseling  or help from the pastor etc,,,is excellent advice I don't suppose he would even consider these things as he is "non religious "(you mentioned this in your OP) The best advice I can give you is lead him to the foot of the cross,he needs Jesus.....you both need God to be the Number ONE priority in each of your lives & your life together as one flesh    I would ask God what I SHOULD be praying,perhaps you are praying for the wrong thing,your desires & WHAT YOU BELIEVE is the solutions       I do hope to have a discussion with you in the Inner Court    Sister,if this little thing is having a negative effect on your FAITH then I think you have your own Relationship with the Lord to focus on & should be your top priority,it is difficult to help anyone to remove the speck in their eye when we have a plank in our own....get on track with Jesus so you can access His Heart & Mind,have Wisdom & Understanding of Holy Spirit.......there is no better Counselor! Glory to God!                              With love-in Christ,Kwik