WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,256
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - The “Never Trump” movement has gone to ground, digging in for a long political winter while the man they vehemently opposed takes control of what was once their Republican Party.

Even as Mitt Romney ponders a job in Donald Trump’s administration and the Bush family made congratulatory calls to the president-elect, their staffers and other leaders of the failed movement have gone silent or made themselves scarce.

Mr. Trump’s stunning victory — consolidating the GOP base and winning over working-class voters to break through the “blue wall” to capture Rust Belt states such as Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — also has put Never Trump adherents at odds with their party’s voters. [ Source ]

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Careful - political obituaries after an election are common, and they usually are proved wrong.  The gop was 'dead' after Goldwater in '64, yet its standard bearer (Nixon) was elected in '68.  The dems were 'decimated' after the Reagan 80s, yet they've had two eight year presidencies in the years hence.

While the success of Trump is certainly in part due to his unique characteristics, he would have never come to the fore in the first place if the gop had actually been performing its duty of opposition party.

Let's look at a short history lesson:  The dems retook Congress in '06, and the WH in '08.  This I believe was due in large part to the wild spending and lack of conservative limited government principles of one George W. Bush, and his republican cohorts in Congress.

So the dems had the brass ring - the trifecta.  The Congress AND the WH.

As usual, they over-reached.  The arrogance of one B. H. Obama (elections have consequences) mixed with the sleight of hand and smoke and mirrors of Harry Reid gave us the very unpopular Obama care.  It's never been over 50 percent in popularity - "we the people" hated it.  That's where the opposition party was supposed to come in.

So "we the people" elected republicans and gained the House in '10, and the House and Senate in '14.  For their part, the establishment gop gave us THE ONLY POSSIBLE NOMINEE in Mitt Romney who COULD NOT make an issue of Obamacare (since he had his fingerprints all over Romney care in Mass).  So went the election of 2012.

I cannot speak for all Trump supporters, but for me the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back was the (in)action of Mitch McConnell.  After facing a tough re-election in 2014 - one in which he promised to 'do something' about Obama Care, he literally did a 180 the day after he was re-elected.  "We (the Senate) will not be opposing Obama in his last 2 years."

THIS is what "we the people" were saying - ENOUGH.  

So we're in uncharted territory - a non traditional republican in the WH, but the gop in control of Congress.  We shall see what happens.  THEY have the trifecta now.

If they squander it like they did back in the early 2000s, then the dems political obituary will prove to be premature, indeed.

Blessings,

-Ed

Edited by SavedByGrace1981

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If we don't produce good things we the people will throw out the Republicans too.  If the house and Senate give us trouble we may just start going independent locally then into fed offices

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

Jeff Sessions

Reince Priebus

Mike Pompeo

Nikki Haley

All establishment Republicans.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

45 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Jeff Sessions

Reince Priebus

Mike Pompeo

Nikki Haley

All establishment Republicans.

OK, I guess I need for you to define "establishment" republican for me.  I 'thought' it meant republicans who opposed Trump.

IIRC of that list, only Ms. Haley meets that definition.

And who would YOU have nominated for some of those positions? If he brought in ALL outsiders and/or businesspeople, would you find fault with that too?

Blessings,

-Ed

**Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, BTW.  I do enjoy 'sparring' with you**

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

29 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

OK, I guess I need for you to define "establishment" republican for me.  I 'thought' it meant republicans who opposed Trump.

IIRC of that list, only Ms. Haley meets that definition.

And who would YOU have nominated for some of those positions? If he brought in ALL outsiders and/or businesspeople, would you find fault with that too?

Blessings,

-Ed

**Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, BTW.  I do enjoy 'sparring' with you**

I am not finding fault with Trump, just with the article. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.  Do not eat too much!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

11 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

If he brought in ALL outsiders and/or businesspeople, would you find fault with that too?

Good retort. We have at least one here who can hardly reconcile himself to Trump's victory, so nothing Trump does will be satisfactory.  Fortunately, the naysayers have all been left in the dust and are now eating crow.

Getting back to the Never Trumpers and the Establishment RINOs, if they were really honest they would join the Democrats, so that they could sincerely whine with the whiners.  Their heart was never in opposing Obama, but simply appeasing him.  They would also probably appease the Jihadists were they to establish an Islamic Caliphate.