IGNORED

Can A Serial Killer Be Saved? Purgatory?

Mea kakau

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I so understand what you're saying... but we still can pray... until/unless our Lord says not to.  What do you think?

There was a span of years the Lord told me I didn't have to carry the burden for my father any more.  He instead turned my heart toward releasing my father to Him and trusting Him... and He began to bring healing to my heart, mind, soul, spirit from that point, without that burden to carry.  It was several years after that my father recontacted me and we found out he was dying.  I was able to minister the Lord's love to him over several months, and he gave his heart to Jesus a few months before his passing.  The day he left this world, I was given the privilege of praying with him. :emot-heartbeat:

God works miracles.  We just follow His lead.  May the Lord comfort your heart concerning this. :emot-heartbeat:  

God bless you, and what a beautiful heart you have that has been touched by His love. :emot-heartbeat:

Abby

Hi Abby,

I'm still praying that someone reaches out to him. I don't live in the state where he lives.

23 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I would also like to say... that although these things are true (as stated above, re: sociopaths and brain wiring) ... the Lord is able to rewire a brain ... the heal areas that were damaged through early childhood trauma, neglect, abandonment.  Physical healing and emotional healing occur differently ... emotional healing involves the will of the person.   All of it is possible.  Nothing is impossible with God.  :)

I know that is true for me and all the things I suffered with my father. God kept me sane during the abuse and being forced to watch the abuse of others. I had several psychotic breaks without permanent damage. Even though I had physical injuries from my father's abuse, I'm able to write and type. Eating is still a problem though as I was originally left handed until my father broke my left arm. I know God can heal that too. The Lord used drawing to help heal my hand and my heart. I was able to draw the words I couldn't speak. So yes, anything is possible with God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 11/25/2016 at 6:48 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

Absolutely a serial killer can be saved, anyone can be saved.  The most famous of apostles, Paul, murdered Christians prior to being saved.  King David had a man killed so he could steal his wife, and God forgave him. 

There is no sin too great.  

Purgatory is a creation of the human mind and has no support in the Bible.  

Agreed with my brother Shadows.  Yes a serial killer can be saved.  When we ask God to forgive us the Blood of Jesus covers our sins, past, present and future.     If your father truly gave his heart to Jesus and asked to be forgiven then yes he will be in Heaven.

And yes Purgatory is a creation of man, you will not find it anywhere in the Bible.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,582
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 11/27/2016 at 8:23 AM, 1to3 said:

There is a point of no return and that is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit of God.

That is when a person absolutely mocks God in every sense of the word, curses Him to the end of their lives.

That is what sin does, if not attended to and taken away , it can lead a person further and further from God to the point where the person is so far gone, it will have been completely taken over by darkness and will curse God even as it is dying.

Yes I believe that God can change whoever sincerely calls upon the name of the Lord for help unto salvation.

I believe that God would have saved even Hitler, had he repented.

But there are certain souls that refuse God, refuse to seek Him, refuse to allow Him to work in their hearts.

Shalom, 1to3.

Ah, yes, BUT you need to remember that the belittling (blasphemy) of the Ruach haQodesh Elohiym (the Holy Spirit of God) is an IRONY! Should one belittle what the Ruach haQodesh can do for him, to whom else can he turn? There's NO sin that God won't forgive, but if a person thinks God CAN'T forgive him - is not BIG enough to forgive him, then he's "shot himself in the foot" and he goes unforgiven!

Hebrews 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
KJV

THAT'S why Yeshua` said,

Matthew 12:31-32
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
KJV

It's not that GOD has decided that he wouldn't be forgiven; it's that THE PERSON (in his delusion) has decided that God CAN'T forgive him!

The person must be able to change his mind about God 180 degrees (repent) before he would find forgiveness, and that may never come.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 11/25/2016 at 7:31 AM, Mea kakau said:

I hope this is the right place for this.

My father was a serial killer. He murdered homeless children. He abused and tortured them first. He forced me to participate and watch. I was abused and tortured too. I've forgiven him for what he did to me. I've forgiven myself for participating in the deaths of those children. I'm still coming to terms with forgiving him for what he did to those children.

If my father accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior would he go to Heaven? Does he still have to answer for what he did to me and those children? Would that be called purgatory? (Note: Many serial killers have also been Christians, believing they are ridding the world of filth, etc.)

And what about those children he murdered? Most likely they were too young to come to Christ. They were involved in the the sex trade. What happens when they die? Heaven? Purgatory?

What exactly is purgatory?

My deepest sympathies for all that you've suffered. 

Purgatory is not anything Jesus Christ taught in his ministry. People come to the Father, God, through God's calling and by his grace.  Does your father speak to you about feeling called to repent of his sins? There are pastors that volunteer to minister to those on death row, and to those who are in prison itself. 
Has he sought counsel in that way?

Where is your father at this time? 

4 hours ago, Blue Lotus said:

My deepest sympathies for all that you've suffered. 

Purgatory is not anything Jesus Christ taught in his ministry. People come to the Father, God, through God's calling and by his grace.  Does your father speak to you about feeling called to repent of his sins? There are pastors that volunteer to minister to those on death row, and to those who are in prison itself. 
Has he sought counsel in that way?

Where is your father at this time? 

Hello Blue Lotus,

My father was never caught. I have no contact with him. I doubt he's still hunting and killing, but who knows. He kept himself physically fit. He'd been in his 80s.

Statistics show serial killers either get sloppy and get caught or get too old to perform the tasks required to hunt/kill or die of old age. I think my father is the one who will never be caught and die of old age. I've reported him to the cold case division in the state where the crimes occurred and never heard back from them.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

OK. Well, as would pertain to his alleged victims, their innocence being destroyed by a serial killer would not preclude them going to Heaven.  So they are in paradise after they were murdered. 

As for your father, if he was of sincere heart and God called him into his grace, then all of those series of sins he allegedly committed would be forgiven. Put under the blood of Christ and forgotten.  

Now, the question becomes, how about you? You say you were an accomplice in some way to your father's series of murders and sins. God knew you , and your father, before he created this world. If you are saved, your sins are forgiven you too. Let the living live on and let the dead bury their own. Your father is not your concern. His is between him and God and God knows. 

Be blessed, forgive yourself, and find peace. 

Merry Christmas. 3332755wnzfexe5e0.gifangel6l.gif

1 hour ago, Blue Lotus said:

OK. Well, as would pertain to his alleged victims, their innocence being destroyed by a serial killer would not preclude them going to Heaven.  So they are in paradise after they were murdered. 

As for your father, if he was of sincere heart and God called him into his grace, then all of those series of sins he allegedly committed would be forgiven. Put under the blood of Christ and forgotten.  

Now, the question becomes, how about you? You say you were an accomplice in some way to your father's series of murders and sins. God knew you , and your father, before he created this world. If you are saved, your sins are forgiven you too. Let the living live on and let the dead bury their own. Your father is not your concern. His is between him and God and God knows. 

Be blessed, forgive yourself, and find peace. 

Merry Christmas. 3332755wnzfexe5e0.gifangel6l.gif

Hi Blue Lotus,

I've mostly forgiven myself.

I think the worst of it is the haunting images of what I saw and certain words which trigger those images. I pray someday those images will dissipate forever. Yet that hasn't happened yet. I'll continue to call out to God whenever one of those words comes to mind. Sometimes it's seeing a knife facing an odd way. Sometimes it's a knife placed in the dishwasher pointed upwards. Much of the triggers center around seeing knives. I had to hide all of my knives in a drawer because they triggered me too much. My husband respects that trigger and doesn't complain about the inconvenience. Occasionally though he'll leave a box cutter in the open position and I'll see it and get triggered.

13 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Have you ever considered that maybe he didn't work alone?  I've heard this so many times, where criminals go unpunished even after being reported.  I've experienced this as well. 

Hi Abby-Joy,

He had a boyfriend/lover and sometimes they killed together. That boyfriend also abused me and got me pregnant which made my father furious. After that they never worked together again. My father might have murdered the guy. Anyone who crossed him always disappeared from his life, permanently.