IGNORED

Can A Serial Killer Be Saved? Purgatory?

Mea kakau

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I hope this is the right place for this.

My father was a serial killer. He murdered homeless children. He abused and tortured them first. He forced me to participate and watch. I was abused and tortured too. I've forgiven him for what he did to me. I've forgiven myself for participating in the deaths of those children. I'm still coming to terms with forgiving him for what he did to those children.

If my father accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior would he go to Heaven? Does he still have to answer for what he did to me and those children? Would that be called purgatory? (Note: Many serial killers have also been Christians, believing they are ridding the world of filth, etc.)

And what about those children he murdered? Most likely they were too young to come to Christ. They were involved in the the sex trade. What happens when they die? Heaven? Purgatory?

What exactly is purgatory?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

14 minutes ago, Mea kakau said:

My father was a serial killer. He murdered homeless children. He abused and tortured them first. He forced me to participate and watch. I was abused and tortured too. I've forgiven him for what he did to me. I've forgiven myself for participating in the deaths of those children. I'm still coming to terms with forgiving him for what he did to those children.

If my father accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior would he go to Heaven? Does he still have to answer for what he did to me and those children? Would that be called purgatory? (Note: Many serial killers have also been Christians, believing they are ridding the world of filth, etc.)

And what about those children he murdered? Most likely they were too young to come to Christ. They were involved in the the sex trade. What happens when they die? Heaven? Purgatory?

Absolutely a serial killer can be saved, anyone can be saved.  The most famous of apostles, Paul, murdered Christians prior to being saved.  King David had a man killed so he could steal his wife, and God forgave him. 

There is no sin too great.  

Purgatory is a creation of the human mind and has no support in the Bible.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

If your father believed with his whole heart in Christ Jesus, His redemptive work on the Cross, excepted Jesus as his Savior, and repented, then he will be saved.  There is a lot of scripture to support what I just said, but this is the simplicity of salvation.

Purgatory is not scriptural.  The Roman Catholic Church created purgatory as an escape for those who really did not allow Christ to be their Lord and Savior, a second chance, so to say.  You will not find it anywhere in scripture, nor will you find any hint of it.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Two very good answers. To your question about the murdered children, being under the age of accountability, when they died hey entered heaven and are now wIting the resurrection.

I do not like assuming, but have you accepted Jesus and His full forgiveness for your actions, though you were young? If you have, God has cast the sins of your father (if he truly repented and only God knows that for certain) and your sin of participation, into the sea of His forgetfulness so think no more about it...gone it is for good.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Mea kakau said:

You are doing what the Bible and Jesus Christ wants you to do FORGIVE. What you find difficult to forgive ask Jesus Christ to help you with that.  If your father asked Jesus Christ into his life before he died he would go to heaven. Everyone is judged before Jesus Christ the believers and those who are not believers. Yes, he would be judged for everything he did while in his body on earth but he would still be in heaven. I do not believe in purgatory. The children that he murdered went to heaven. All children go to heaven when they die up to a certain age which the Bible calls the age of accountability. That is the age that a boy or girl can understand who Jesus Christ is. That could possibly be 12 or 13 but the exact age is really not given.

The thing which concerns me is that my father was a psychopath and a narcissist (a given with a psychopath), and as such he's incapable of remorse. So how does a person who doesn't feel remorse for his criminal acts ask Jesus Christ into his life?

It's obvious, according to the Bible, that Paul had remorse for murdering Christians.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

2 minutes ago, Mea kakau said:

remorse

it is not generated by our own efforts- God convicts us and repentance is a product of the Holy Spirits efforts- I have heard that Jeffery Dahmer became saved- I heard his testimony on TV- he was saved but he still suffered the effects of his actions, it wasnt anything like purgatory, but the effects of our sin will not necessarily be washed away

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

1 minute ago, Mea kakau said:

The thing which concerns me is that my father was a psychopath and a narcissist (a given with a psychopath), and as such he's incapable of remorse. So how does a person who doesn't feel remorse for his criminal acts ask Jesus Christ into his life?

It's obvious, according to the Bible, that Paul had remorse for murdering Christians.

Shalom, Mea kakau.

Even a person who is both a psychopath and a narcissist has to come to meet our Master Yeshua` the Messiah (whom others call our Lord Jesus Christ). In the face of Yeshua`, one can come to understand the total depravity that is within his own very core (Latin for "heart"). There is NO ONE who is beyond God's reach, but some may only come to Him through much prayer.

13 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

it is not generated by our own efforts- God convicts us and repentance is a product of the Holy Spirits efforts- I have heard that Jeffery Dahmer became saved- I heard his testimony on TV- he was saved but he still suffered the effects of his actions, it wasn't anything like purgatory, but the effects of our sin will not necessarily be washed away

Can it be genuine though? I doubt my father would confess his sins as he never once admitted to me that he had done anything wrong. He believed he was doing God and the world good by ridding them of these despicable children.

I guess I need to do some in depth Bible study to come to terms with all of this. It's confusing to me. It's not that I don't want my father to be saved. I know one is saved by the grace of God. Maybe there's no reasoning that reality. I don't know if I'm making sense.

Edited by Mea kakau

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 hour ago, Mea kakau said:

Can it be genuine though?

you cant force him to be saved- if the Holy Spirit leads him to repentance it will be genuine