HisFirst

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  3

Can you be part of the scientific community without compromising your Christianity?

I know there are many scientists who are Christians but there must be huge pressure from within the scientific field to bend ones belief system..?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

yes, you can, but the intellectual elite will ridicule you if you do not go with evolution and Global warming~~~~ there is plenty of valid scientific evidence to refute those two views, but in general most scientific guys do their best to twist the evidence to eliminate the very idea of a creator God. God is a God of order and we can scientifically figure out how he did things--

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks WD for your thoughts,

So, Global warming does not have a Christian basis?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/26/1973

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:05 PM, HisFirst said:

Can you be part of the scientific community without compromising your Christianity?

I know there are many scientists who are Christians but there must be huge pressure from within the scientific field to bend ones belief system..?

Greeting!

I'm just a layman myself but I'd like to share a recent poll:

"just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power"

http://www.pewforum.org/2009/11/05/scientists-and-belief/

I'm not saying 51% are Christian, the study didn't get that specific but it does seem to confirm your suspicions many scientists are Christians.  What is interesting is the study found only 41% of scientists don't believe, a minority.  I think most of what scientists do doesn't depend on what they believe.  It's the rare controversial stuff that bears on their worldview that gets all the attention.

Just throwing this out there, the guy who invented the MRI, Raymond Vahan Damadian is a creationist.

Blessings!

-Dave

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  895
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,598
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

On 11/25/2016 at 9:05 PM, HisFirst said:

A question for ALL walks of life (including clergy).

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:thumbsup:

Great Question

And indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. 2 Timothy 3:12 (New American Standard Bible 1977)

And Even Preachers Suffer Condemnation

Dear friends, do not be surprised by the fiery ordeal that is taking place among you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. Instead, because you are participating in the sufferings of the Messiah, keep on rejoicing, so that you may be glad and shout for joy when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted because of the name of the Messiah, you are blessed, for the glorious Spirit of God is resting on you. 1 Peter 4:12-14 (International Standard Version)

~

Beloved, I Pray That We Will Not Heap

How then can they call on the One they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone to preach? Romans 10:14 (Berean Study Bible)

Any More Sufferings Onto The Backs Of His Preachers

I will extol you, O LORD; for you have lifted me up, and have not made my foes to rejoice over me. LORD my God, I cried to you, and you have healed me.

O LORD, you have brought up my soul from the grave: you have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.

Sing to the LORD, O you saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. For his anger endures but a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved. LORD, by your favor you have made my mountain to stand strong: you did hide your face, and I was troubled.

I cried to you, O LORD; and to the LORD I made supplication. What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise you? shall it declare your truth? Hear, O LORD, and have mercy on me: LORD, be you my helper.

1You have turned for me my mourning into dancing: you have put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to you, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to you for ever. Psalms 30 (American King James Version )

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

YES.  It's actually the 'ONLY PART' in the REAL 'Scientific Community" --- Chemistry/Biochemistry, Genetics, and Quantum Mechanics: there is no other coherent position.

The 'huge pressure' will come from the "Religions":   paleontology, anthropology, archaeology, geology, evolutionary biology (lol), theoretical physics 'non-experimental' ---astrophysics, astronomy, and cosmology. 

Crocheting is more "SCIENTIFIC" than these CLOWNS...COMBINED !!!!

The first six pretenders can't get to the First Step of the Scientific Method 'Observe a Phenomenon' ("SCIENCE") without a Time Machine.  The three final masqueraders can't formulate Scientific Hypotheses because they lack VIABLE  **Independent Variables**; Ergo...CAN'T ISOLATE, TEST, then VALIDATE their Dependent Variables (*Predictions*)...Step 3 Hypothesis (*"SCIENCE"*). Hard STOP!!

Once you remove the Equivocation Fallacy with "SCIENCE"; then, there actually is no problem. 

regards

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Why does the religious right oppose climate change?  I never really did understand that.   

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Bonky said:

Why does the religious right oppose climate change?  I never really did understand that.   

1. Because it is pure fantasy, and Christians deal in reality.

2. Because it is a diversion of wealth for non-productive and wasteful expenditures.

3. Because even if it were true, there is no saving this planet from total supernatural burning and cleansing, in order to bring the New Earth into existence.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

39 minutes ago, Bonky said:

Well, last I read, the climate has always changed, and since I've read reports that the earth was as much as 4 degrees warmer 6,000 years ago, what is this false climate change hype?