IGNORED

what happens in your life do you think God is real?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Not ure what you mean by what happens in your life but yes, I believe God is real and have always believed.  Maybe you could break your question up into questions?  And welcome to Worthy!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

God is real. God has blessed me many times in my life. I will not give specifics since that would invade my privacy.

Question: "Is God real? How can I know for sure that God is real?"

Answer:
We know that God is real because He has revealed Himself to us in three ways: in creation, in His Word, and in His Son, Jesus Christ.

The most basic proof of God’s existence is simply what He has made. “For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse” (Romans 1:20). “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” (Psalm 19:1).

If I found a wristwatch in the middle of a field, I would not assume that it just “appeared” out of nowhere or that it had always existed. Based on the watch’s design, I would assume it had a designer. But there is far greater design and precision in the world around us. Our measurement of time is not based on wristwatches, but on God’s handiwork—the regular rotation of the earth (and the radioactive properties of the cesium-133 atom). The universe displays great design, and this argues for a Great Designer.

If I found an encoded message, I would seek out a cryptographer to help break the code. My assumption would be that there is an intelligent sender of the message, someone who created the code. How complex is the DNA “code” that we carry in every cell of our bodies? Does not the complexity and purpose of DNA argue for an Intelligent Writer of the code?

Not only has God made an intricate and finely tuned physical world; He has also instilled a sense of eternity in the heart of every person (Ecclesiastes 3:11). Mankind has an innate perception that there is more to life than meets the eye, that there is an existence higher than this earthly routine. Our sense of eternity manifests itself in at least two ways: law-making and worship.

Every civilization throughout history has valued certain moral laws, which are surprisingly similar from culture to culture. For example, the ideal of love is universally esteemed, while the act of lying is universally condemned. This common morality—this global understanding of right and wrong—points to a Supreme Moral Being who gave us such scruples.

In the same way, people all over the world, regardless of culture, have always cultivated a system of worship. The object of worship may vary, but the sense of a “higher power” is an undeniable part of being human. Our propensity to worship accords with the fact that God created us “in His own image” (Genesis 1:27).

God has also revealed Himself to us through His Word, the Bible. Throughout Scripture, the existence of God is treated as a self-evident fact (Genesis 1:1; Exodus 3:14). When Benjamin Franklin wrote his autobiography, he did not waste time trying to prove his own existence. Likewise, God does not spend much time proving His existence in His book. The life-changing nature of the Bible, its integrity, and the miracles which accompanied its writing should be enough to warrant a closer look.

The third way in which God revealed Himself is through His Son, Jesus Christ (John 14:6-11). “In the beginning was the Word: the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth” (John 1:1,14; see also Colossians 2:9).

In Jesus’ amazing life, He kept the entire Old Testament law perfectly and fulfilled the prophecies concerning the Messiah (Matthew 5:17). He performed countless acts of compassion and public miracles to authenticate His message and bear witness to His deity (John 21:24-25). Then, three days after His crucifixion, He rose from the dead, a fact affirmed by hundreds of eyewitnesses (1 Corinthians 15:6). The historical record abounds with “proof” of who Jesus is. As the Apostle Paul said, this thing “was not done in a corner” (Acts 26:26).

We realize that there will always be skeptics who have their own ideas concerning God and will read the evidence accordingly. And there will be some whom no amount of proof will convince (Psalm 14:1). It all comes down to faith (Hebrews 11:6).

https://gotquestions.org/is-God-real.html

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

There have been many things that have happened in my life that caused me to question the existence of God.  Yet, just like when I was a child and growing up, I kept learning new things that made things make more sense.  God has become increasingly more real to me as I continue to learn of God.  Today I believe despite what happens in my life.

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We realize that there will always be skeptics who have their own ideas concerning God and will read the evidence accordingly. And there will be some whom no amount of proof will convince (Psalm 14:1). It all comes down to faith (Hebrews 11:6).

It all comes down to faith, is the most pure answer I have heard concerning this question. We can all cite examples, creation of the earth, our own unique life experiences...but it all comes down to faith...choosing this day whom you will serve.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV)

[11] For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

[12] Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

[13] And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

[14] And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

It also says

Galatians 6:7 (KJV)

[7] Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

[8] For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

As the truth about you wanting to find God so will be the effort you put forth to the study of His Word... this is the doorway we have all entered and found God (Spiritually) true! God tells us we were born, (all of us), spiritually dead and the world where we have began in is cursed by God for rebellion of the first man Adam... so to find spiritual realities we must seek for God where He promises to be found

John 5:39 (KJV)

[39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Salvation is found only in Jesus alone and you must find Him through His Word ...  Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Never understood why people want to keep there testimonies secret. Makes no sense to me. God is real and I have many experiances to many to share here. None of them are secret. Even dealing with my sin in no secret. If you want to know if Gods real go in to a room on your own and ask Him to reval if Hes real, If you really want Him He will come and leave you in no doubt what so ever.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I was in the 7th grade when watching a violent thunderstorm from my upstairs bedroom window one night.  The streetlights went out leaving blinding lightning, giant trees bending under the wind, leaves swirling up to my window.  It was somehow majestic and I had a sense of the power and glory of the Creator.  When the streetlights came back on I wanted to see the awe of it all again so I prayed, "God, if there is a God, please make the lights go out again so I can see Your beauty."  To my astonishment they went out within seconds!  I repeated this prayer nearly 20 more times before I concluded that this was happening way beyond the laws of chance.  God must be personal and hear my prayers.  It had been several years since I had gone to Sunday School and I returned to find it was chaos with no real teaching.  Church sermons had no meaning.  I searched for a Bible that I could read without stumbling over thees and thous but found none.  Finally I started attending the church across the street where I found peace, gentleness and encouragement in the sermons.  I began to be convicted of sin in the 8th grade and repented, confessing my newfound faith to the people I had stolen from when I tried to return the object.  After a long search I bought a new testament I could understand and read it from cover to cover.  That fall I was baptized.  

The final answer to why I believe is in changed lives of people I have known and loved.  I also saw people near to death and suffering greatly in the hospitals who were unafraid of death and who were more concerned about the people who entered their rooms than about themselves.  And I saw people with terror on their faces when told they were dying.  Then there is the intimate fellowship that I have with the Living God when I speak of His love and faithfulness to us over these many years, or when worshipping and praising Him for the beauty of His holiness. It is all about trusting in the God revealed in the Bible, trusting His word contained therein, and hearing His voice and following Him.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

11 hours ago, Willa said:

I was in the 7th grade when watching a violent thunderstorm from my upstairs bedroom window one night.  The streetlights went out leaving blinding lightning, giant trees bending under the wind, leaves swirling up to my window.  It was somehow majestic and I had a sense of the power and glory of the Creator.  When the streetlights came back on I wanted to see the awe of it all again so I prayed, "God, if there is a God, please make the lights go out again so I can see Your beauty."  To my astonishment they went out within seconds!  I repeated this prayer nearly 20 more times before I concluded that this was happening way beyond the laws of chance.  God must be personal and hear my prayers.  It had been several years since I had gone to Sunday School and I returned to find it was chaos with no real teaching.  Church sermons had no meaning.  I searched for a Bible that I could read without stumbling over thees and thous but found none.  Finally I started attending the church across the street where I found peace, gentleness and encouragement in the sermons.  I began to be convicted of sin in the 8th grade and repented, confessing my newfound faith to the people I had stolen from when I tried to return the object.  After a long search I bought a new testament I could understand and read it from cover to cover.  That fall I was baptized.  

The final answer to why I believe is in changed lives of people I have known and loved.  I also saw people near to death and suffering greatly in the hospitals who were unafraid of death and who were more concerned about the people who entered their rooms than about themselves.  And I saw people with terror on their faces when told they were dying.  Then there is the intimate fellowship that I have with the Living God when I speak of His love and faithfulness to us over these many years, or when worshipping and praising Him for the beauty of His holiness. It is all about trusting in the God revealed in the Bible, trusting His word contained therein, and hearing His voice and following Him.

What a great testimony, Willa!  I love reading the experiences of others when it comes to the Lord. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

On 11/27/2016 at 11:06 PM, chuatnhat said:

Hi Chuatnhat. Nice to talk to you here.  Trying to grasp the intent of your question, but is not coming up with what you really asking.   

Are you asking, if God is responsible for you being who you are and becoming what you are in terms of profession or geographic place where you live, or drugs addiction, or even being a pilot, ect.   please let us know, as it is good to have these conversations.