creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

I've had Christian friends argue hard and try every rationale to justify unequally yoked relationships. Despite the fact that scripture points out its wrong

IMG-20161124-WA0040.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Funny, but I don't think God looked like will Smith. And I think you'd get your message across better if you didn't present it on such a sarcastic manner.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I am trying to figure out the meme. It doesn't strike me as a picture that you would use to drive this particular point home. Plus I agree with The_Patriot in that this is actually a very serious matter and should be discussed more seriously than using a picture with some words. 

CreativeMechanic just curious did you create this picture or did someone else?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Found it in on pinterest. Can't we ignore the trees and look at the forest. Christians will obey  many biblical principles but argue hard abt y unequally yiked is wrong

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I've had Christian friends argue hard and try every rationale to justify unequally yoked relationships. Despite the fact that scripture points out its wrong

I don't think you should  judge others so harshly. Life is complicated. For one Christian to marry another Christian one first must find another Christian.(something I seem to have a hard time doing unless it is in church)  Then that other person must be compatible with them. Then the  other person must be someone whom they want to have a life long marriage with.  Then even after they find someone with all of that; this other person must see all of those things in them and also be willing to marry them as well. I am not excusing ones actions. All that I am saying is just don't judge others so harshly when it comes to things like this.  It is not an easy thing for some people to wait for a  Christian marriage partner to come alone. Sometimes people are weak make poor choices.  In the end just love them. 

Edited by LadyKay

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Found it in on pinterest. Can't we ignore the trees and look at the forest. Christians will obey  many biblical principles but argue hard abt y unequally yiked is wrong

You won't find any argument from me on the subject matter...I agree that we should not be unequally yoked....but presentation is a lot more important then you think. More people enjoy walking through forests full of love, beautiful trees, then ugly, dead ones. And what my dad always told me, you catch more flies with honey then vinegar.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/15/1967

What I find just as irresponsible is when pastors marry believers who have only known each other for a short time (i.e., less than a year), lest the betrothed couple gets "ruttish" and fall into sin. Just because you are a Christian, does NOT make married life palpable either, as personality dynamics and disorders run the gamut even among those who profess Christ as Savior; and until someone can see behavioral patterns in a potential life partner/helper in all manners of experience and how they respond to it--whether it be in spending habits, hard times, stressful situations--one would do well to avoid marrying, just because the oxytocin is coursing through the neural network of the brain.

I've heard of too many emotionally manipulative relationships by those who are believers, and it makes me realize how important it is to have boundaries and pay attention to--and address--red flags before scheduling the nuptials, so the "I dos" don't turn into "I wish I never..." and be unhappily married for the rest of your days. Too many crazies out there. In and out of the church.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Rare Bird said:

What I find just as irresponsible is when pastors marry believers who have only known each other for a short time (i.e., less than a year), lest the betrothed couple gets "ruttish" and fall into sin. Just because you are a Christian, does NOT make married life palpable either, as personality dynamics and disorders run the gamut even among those who profess Christ as Savior; and until someone can see behavioral patterns in a potential life partner/helper in all manners of experience and how they respond to it--whether it be in spending habits, hard times, stressful situations--one would do well to avoid marrying, just because the oxytocin is coursing through the neural network of the brain.

I've heard of too many emotionally manipulative relationships by those who are believers, and it makes me realize how important it is to have boundaries and pay attention to--and address--red flags before scheduling the nuptials, so the "I dos" don't turn into "I wish I never..." and be unhappily married for the rest of your days. Too many crazies out there. In and out of the church.

Well said :thumbsup:

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I don't think you should  judge others so harshly. Life is complicated. For one Christian to marry another Christian one first must find another Christian.(something I seem to have a hard time doing unless it is in church)  Then that other person must be compatible with them. Then the  other person must be someone whom they want to have a life long marriage with.  Then even after they find someone with all of that; this other person must see all of those things in them and also be willing to marry them as well. I am not excusing ones actions. All that I am saying is just don't judge others so harshly when it comes to things like this.  It is not an easy thing for some people to wait for a  Christian marriage partner to come alone. Sometimes people are weak make poor choices.  In the end just love them. 

Your argument might be with God and not with man.  

Perhaps some people who accuse other people of being judgmental are actually accusing God the Holy Spirit.  When God convicts people of being in error,  He is trying to warn them of wrongdoing for their own good, protection and mental health.  God's commands are there to help us and guide us to safety, protecting us from harm and grief.  We are told that true Christians follow and trust His commands.  

Only God justifies.  No-one should try to justify actions that are against God's commands.  We should confess our sin and turn away from it to follow Christ.  We can't be forgiven of willful sin when we justify it.  

2Co 6:14  AMP Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers [do not make mismated alliances with them or come under a different yoke with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership have right living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light have fellowship with darkness? 2Co 6:15  What harmony can there be between Christ and Belial [the devil]? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?  2Co 6:16  What agreement [can there be between] a temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in and with and among them and will walk in and with and among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. [Exo 25:8; Exo 29:45; Lev 26:12; Jer 31:1; Eze 37:27]  2Co 6:17  So, come out from among [unbelievers], and separate (sever) yourselves from them, says the Lord, and touch not [any] unclean thing; then I will receive you kindly and treat you with favor, [Isa 52:11] 2Co 6:18  And I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty. [Isa 43:6; Hos 1:10]

Blessing and much love,

Willa

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

29 minutes ago, Rare Bird said:

My wife and I were married well less than one year after we met, and lived in different states till we got married and we are going on more than 2 decades of marriage and have never been stronger together.  Knowing someone longer has no correlation in a lasting, happy marriage.