• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 11/30/2016 at 3:48 PM, eileenhat said:

God cherishes us even in our state of imperfection (our fallen state).

Marriage is therefore imperfect as well.

The only state of marriage that renders his judgement would be abusive relationships then (re: 'inequality in marriage' ).

https://www.openbible.info/topics/marrying_a_non_christian

Quote:

1 Corinthians 7:12-14 ESV

To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

Hey Eileen, haven't seen you for awhile, happy to hear from you again.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

On 11/30/2016 at 6:56 PM, Rare Bird said:

It was merely an observation that I was stating in a public op-ed thread. What you choose to do with information that you take offense to is entirely your drama, not mine, and I make no apologies, nor wish you any ill will. It is—and remains—my position on this particular matter, and it is highly unlikely that you, or anyone for that matter, will ever change it. So what was your point in trying to refute it?

Based on the demeanor of your response, which is from a defensive position and also demonstrates intent to gaslight me by posing extraneous questions about my personal life (which frankly is none of your business, btw), you may want to do some soul searching to find out what triggered you to act upon such fear-based thoughts/emotions with an unsolicited and contemptuous response, rather than debate ad nauseam about why you feel the need to justify yourself with little ol’ me.

P.S. 25 years?! Now I can sleep well tonight. I truly hope the quality was/is as good as the quantity.

Yes 25 years, I wished it could have been longer but cancer claimed his life.

If I upset you I apologize.  I never meant to upset you to this degree.  

I ask for your forgiveness and once again never meant to upset you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

On 11/30/2016 at 7:16 PM, StanJ said:

Mine was about four or five months but sadly it only lasted 23 years and then she walked out. Hindsight does not give me any better perspective on whether or not we should have waited longer and with 4 wonderful kids as a result of our marriage, I can't really say it was a mistake at that point.  Being self-absorbed is a problem with many people, regardless of whether they are a Christian or not. She was always looking for perfection in our relationship and just couldn't handle the fact that we are imperfect human beings. 

I'm so sorry about that Stan.  My uncle walked out and started having an affair with a woman 20 years his senior and after 45 years of marriage to my aunt.  Not only was the affair going on but he would come back on occasions and throw it in my aunts face.  She was to weak to defend herself and would just put with it.  He was more then just a cheat, but made a pass at me when I was only 23.  The man was really sick in every way. 

Yes we are all imperfect and that is where I"m so thankful for the Grace of God. I am totally imperfect and admit to that freely.

Blessing, RustyAngeL