• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

Where did I write "hatred"?  

Btw,  You are not helping your cause of Catholicism one iota but ,

DO continue,  as the Posts you Make are Exposing the massive Error & the spirit that accompanies the False religion of Catholic doctrine VERY nicely.

And I've come to discover that when people ridicule your posting style on a public forum - it usually means that they have run out of useful things to add to the conversation . . .

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3

19 minutes ago, other one said:

what you don't seem to be grasping is that Judaism comes from those Pharisees, not from Jews as a whole....   Jesus called them the children of Satan...      if we can't come to an agreement on that, any conversation will be something like speaking of apples and oranges and expecting to come to any conclusion.

Judaism takes it's authority from the Talmud including the Kabbalh...    it's not really from our old testament.    It includes a lot of Babylonian paganism and sorcery even.

No - Judaism began at Mt. Sinai with Moses.
Rabbinical Judaism is what you're talking about.

Look guys - just do your homework before posting rebuttals.
That's all I ask.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

This certainly is of opinion Ezra as no amount of scholarship can determine the actuall author of Hebrews... not to be contentious but direct toward study to show thyself approved! Love, Steven 

Please note two things:

1. WHO WAS TIMOTHY'S SPIRITUAL FATHER AND CLOSE ASSOCIATE? (Heb 13:22-25).

And I beseech you, brethren, suffer the word of exhortation: for I have written a letter unto you in few words. Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty; with whom, if he come shortly, I will see you. Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you. Grace be with you all. Amen. (Written to the Hebrews from Italy, by Timothy.)

2. WHY DID THE KJV TRANSLATORS PUT THIS IN THE ORIGINAL 1611 HEADING (AS SHOWN IN THE TEXTUS RECEPTUS)?

"The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Hebrews" 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

25 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

No - Judaism began at Mt. Sinai with Moses.
Rabbinical Judaism is what you're talking about.

Look guys - just do your homework before posting rebuttals.
That's all I ask.

and rabbinical Judaism is what's in play today.  I guess you can use the word Judaism any way you wish, but the word Judaism is not in any version of my Bible in the Old Testament and where is us used in the New relates to what the Pharisees were into...

But if you want to use that word to define it I guess you can.....    but that doesn't exist anywhere in the world today.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

(This may have been just removed, but I thought to comment on this.)

Quote, RealPresence: "Semantics.
The word "Christianity" doesn't appear in the New Testament yet 2 billion or so people claim to be part of Christianity."

While "Christianity" does not specifically appear, as disciples in Christ, the word "Christians" does:

Acts 11:26  And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

58 minutes ago, Davida said:

This is the thing guy......I am not ridiculing your posting style . I tried nicely to explain to you how you are coming across but you refuse to hear and continue in a hostile manner and people have patiently tried to give you Bible scripture that shows the error you've posted and your Reponses are continuously hostile towards us.  

First of all - the way I post is up to me - not you.
I post in a way that emphasizes certain words to get my point across.

Secondly - not ONE of you has given me any Scripture that refutes the fact that Judaism began with Moses, so I would appreciate your not bearing false witness.

Finally - I'm not angry or hostile.
I'm just befuddled as to why you all believe that the God of the OT is not the same as the God of the NT.

35 minutes ago, other one said:

and rabbinical Judaism is what's in play today.  I guess you can use the word Judaism any way you wish, but the word Judaism is not in any version of my Bible in the Old Testament and where is us used in the New relates to what the Pharisees were into...

But if you want to use that word to define it I guess you can.....    but that doesn't exist anywhere in the world today.

And, as I have reminded you - the word "Christianity" isn't in the Bible either, so why would you guys use it?

The word "Incarnation" isn't in the bible and neither is the word "Trinity" - yet these are BOTH Biblical truths.
For that matter, the word "Bible" isn't in the Bible, so why do you call it "The Bible"??

Again - Judaism has been around since God gave Moses the Law - and Jesus fulfilled it.

12 minutes ago, B3L13v3R said:

Quote, RealPresence: "Semantics.
The word "Christianity" doesn't appear in the New Testament yet 2 billion or so people claim to be part of Christianity."

While "Christianity" does not specifically appear, as disciples in Christ, the word "Christians" does:

Acts 11:26  And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Okay - the word "Judah" is also in the Bible.  add "ism" and you have "Judaisn".
"Christian"
is in the Bible and "ity" has been added to form the word "Christianity".

Soooo, what's the problem??
I think you all see this but you simply want to argue because I'm Catholic - which means I can't be right about anything . . .

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

And, as I have reminded you - the word "Christianity" isn't in the Bible either, so why would you guys use it?

The word "Incarnation" isn't in the bible and neither is the word "Trinity" - yet these are BOTH Biblical truths.
For that matter, the word "Bible" isn't in the Bible, so why do you call it "The Bible"??

Again - Judaism has been around since God gave Moses the Law - and Jesus fulfilled it.

We use incarnation and Christianity and Trinity because those concepts are at least demonstrated in the Bible, if not mentioned explicitly.   Judaism is a post biblical word that applies to a post biblical religion.

Calling the religion of ancient Israel "Judaism" isn't accurate.    Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets in the Scriptures, not Judaism.  Jesus was the Word made flesh;  he was not Judaism made flesh.

2 minutes ago, RealPresence said: