• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

13 minutes ago, Davida said:

Well, if you keep doing things the same way , I guess you keep getting the same results.

I should get the same results because just as God is immutable so is his word.

• Group:  Advanced Member

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

You are stating falsehoods and bearing false witness.  I posted scripture but you cannot because there is NONE to back up your claims. You have never posted scripture that shows God is impassible. We've all been waiting and asking the same questions but you fail to answer the questions posed to you or to produce scripture .

I reported the personal attacks and I suggest you go back to the beginning of this thread and read everything I posted. 

2 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

I believe that on post 3 of page 17 Nebula said you ignored his question. I too had the same question, which is why I posted that as I didn't want to seem like I'm stepping on him. Since the train of thought is the same for the same question, I would ask you again to respond to him, because I have seen no direct response from you on that matter. Also, This is no tag team effort. It is an effort to get information from you that from my point of view and I would submit others as well, that can not be corroborated in scripture. I have stated that much in the post you quoted previously, but to that you've not responded to either.

Passion runs deep where faith is the deepest. I would diminish those who are strong in their understanding of scripture as I know you are. I am a firm believer in Sola Scriptura and take my guidance from the Holy Bible and not from other peoples understanding of that holy book. I am not so self assured of myself that I can't take council from others about what is written there, but I need a frame of reference withing scripture to start from. That is why I ask you to grant me that boon so we can work this out beyond that which we have today and we haven't even begun to look at that.

I'm not going to take this thread backwards... if you have a question to ask then ask it.  I'm pretty much finished with nebula.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

This thread is going nowhere.  It should be put out to pasture.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

32 minutes ago, StanJ said:

you were answered way back and still push it so I have no reason to continue to reiterate the same answers over and over again if you're going to ignore them or deny them.

you responded and I've answered you don't like the response or the answers that pretty much is your problem and I would suggest stop asking.

the Bible says God IS love and that is not a feeling, that is God. If you want to know what that is like then read 1st Corinthians 13 as it gets relatively close but still won't Encompass everything God is.

By the other responses it is clear that you are the only one who believes you have thoroughly answered the questions.

No love is not a feeling. But feelings are involved when someone loves another. If you do not understand that, then I hate to think of what you grew up under.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

23 minutes ago, StanJ said:

I'm not going to take this thread backwards... if you have a question to ask then ask it.  I'm pretty much finished with nebula.

No one has taken taken this thread anywhere, forward or back. We have gone in circles since this issue started and I see no real reason to continue other that to irritate you further by asking you questions.

If you have scriptures for me, that will support your ideals then I will entertain them. If not then I wish you well with all your endeavors.

59 minutes ago, StanJ said:

so it's okay for you to deduce from scripture what you've been taught about Omnipotence, Omnipresence and Omniscience, yet when somebody else does it with impassibility you are blind to it? How convenient!  I really can't have a discussion with somebody about the Bible if they think that everything in the Bible is literal even though it's quite obvious that it isn't.

Truth is a philosophical ideal. When has it ever been objective? Even though some of what was written there is symbolic, It still holds truth to those who see everything written there is there for a reason. This is the truth of what I see in the Bible.

35 minutes ago, Ezra said:

I agree.

Edited by Churchmouse

41 minutes ago, Ezra said:

not my call, I didn't start it.

18 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Truth is a philosophical ideal. When has it ever been objective? Even though some of what was written there is symbolic, It still holds truth to those who see everything written there is there for a reason. This is the truth of what I see in the Bible.

truth is absolute just as God is absolute... there's nothing philosophical about it.  if one doesn't learn to recognize the different types of grammar in Scripture then one will never know what scriptures saying to them but it is always objective. People make it subjective.